Ankyra Sound do you read with him too?
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
it had been a while -- some time, in fact -- since caiaphas had been treated with such deference. standing before aiolos and seeing a glimpse into that faded world of courtesy and civility, caiaphas felt as if a wildling long starved of any obeisance. she felt also a keen feeling -- sharpness -- of nostalgia for but a moment.. nostalgia for her past life where the world was stable and the sea kind.

that life no longer existed. she was no longer siren queen, she was savage queen -- and no amount of grasping for the past would ever change her transformation from nereides to... well.. whatever she was now. it was not as if she had wanted to leave nereides behind; themiscyra had failed her, as it would fail minerva's party too. caiaphas believed simply that the world that had once housed nereides had moved on, and to hold fast to the old way was to drown.

unsurprisingly, the sea had eaten another one of its disciples. how many had nereides lost, here on this battered coast? caiaphas counted in the dozens. "hopefully, the sea favors her." caiaphas replied politely enough, though her tone held a grimness to it. "i cannot help you - i am on my own mission as well. yet you should know, to settle here is to guarantee failure. thrice now, nereides have come to this shore and been drowned or thrashed or worse. if you and your party reunite, it may be best to go elsewhere. the country is as hard as its people here, and our way is viewed as antiquated and queer. you will find little friends."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
do you read with him too? - by Caiaphas - November 11, 2019, 05:46 PM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Aiolos - November 12, 2019, 04:27 PM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Caiaphas - November 13, 2019, 06:44 PM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Aiolos - November 14, 2019, 04:38 PM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Caiaphas - November 17, 2019, 11:47 AM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Aiolos - November 18, 2019, 02:04 PM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Caiaphas - November 21, 2019, 08:00 AM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Aiolos - November 22, 2019, 11:28 AM
RE: do you read with him too? - by Caiaphas - November 22, 2019, 02:31 PM