Haunted Wood I want the glitter on me
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Pack Activity 
So! We need a pack hunt and this is the time to do it! Small PP to speed it along with people arriving. I'm tagging all who could join <3 Round 1 ends on the 24th.
@Vengeance @Alison @Serem @Black Hat @Tzila @Valour @Hela @Clay
She's found the herds and would waste no time in gathering a hunt. It was small but she could single out several that would be perfect. She wanted two kills in the same time span. They could do it with the Whelps.

She called for them, and once the ones who came had gathered, she addressed them with her plan.
"There is a group of deer. We will split into two groups. I want us to make two kills today, Black Hat will control the other group," tactical. She knew he was a skilled hunter and a leader, as well as a potential alliance. By giving him power, he will return it somehow. "I see sickness in the herd, it is a risk but it makes this easier. We will round up the herd and single out the one the group leader wants to hunt, then you separate them and use your skills to bring down your target."

She waited, observing the ones gathered. She hoped they would listen to her authority of Lieutenant and see that this plan can work. She mainly waited, though, for any questions or objections.
| | | |                              "Common" "Spanish"
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Having not made it to the last hunt, Vengeance was determined to make his presence this time. To watch as Vanity would control the hunt with her new rank and make decisions with others who are like-minded as herself. Nightwalkers were a bunch of hard-headed individuals, all wanting their own seat of power and not wanting to listen to someone else - how would she gain control?

Listening to the woman, she was confident in her ability and plan. How do you plan on making the kills absolute? eyeing the herd, it was rare to see such a sight... it had been a long time since he had not fed on scraps or an unlucky wolf that crossed his hungry path, and so even the Warlord himself was getting perhaps a little over-excited at the thought of something more. 

Will she be giving out tasks for everyone? She had already chosen the leader of the second group...
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She was lingering nearby and heard the call, despite being reluctant to answer, serem followed the sound regardless and saw Vengeance had already arrived. She didn't say anything as she listened to vanity then to what Vengeance had to say.
”Common” "Spanish"
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
With an instinctive growl bubbling in her throat, she arrived at the gathering with her usual strut and show of arrogance. Head carried high, tail upright. Despite her rank as a grunt (that will change!) Tzila still was never shy about expressing her dominant nature. It had been far too long since the Nightwalkers had a decent meal, and this small group of deer was just what they needed. It was of course, Vanity who had called them. The higher ranking female was their lead hunter, but Tzila still had yet to face her one on one.

Stiffly, as the white faced female gave out the orders, Tzila brushed in between Black Hat and Serem, signaling a certain possessiveness. These two she trusted...respected. Vanity had yet to earn that Shadow Queen, regardless of her rank. Yet the moment was fleeting and she slipped past the two inconspicuously, to observe the herd from a distance. After watching for a moment, and with the plan set, she turned to wait for further instructions.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour was ashamed to have failed to prevent Orochi from leaving. His head still ached but he seemed to recover from the lethargy and signs of concussion rather quickly. The call for a hunt grabbed his attention and he heeded it quickly, arriving shortly after Serem and listening to Vanity speak. The instructions were simple enough and he was prepared to follow this time, he had learned his place and how keeping it for the moment kept things in order. "I'll do whatever I'm asked" he said looking from Vanity to Black Hat, to Vengeance before looking away again.
3/10 mastery
185 Posts
Ooc —
He arrived with Valour as usual. Though instead of walking beside the boy with dignity he practically glued himself to the bigger lad's flank, hunched over and head dipped low. His posture dripping with fear and submission, and he didn't dare look anyone in the eyes—no, he instead chose to look at the ground, becoming increasingly interested in the dirt. The only clue as to his attention was the sight of his ears swiveled forward, perked.

Clay had never hunted with packs before. He had watched his family a few times, watching his brother and father be barreled over by the bison only to get up and continue. Clay couldn't dream of doing such a thing, especially if Nightwalkers was planning to hunt the same. He decided he would follow only Valour, trusting the boy with his life. Whatever his friend did, he would follow.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
At long last, sizable prey was returning to their land. His mouth watered with anticipation. Black Hat was surprised when Vanity chose him as leader of the second group and wondered what she was scheming, but he didn't question it. If she was testing him, he'd prove her choice to be a wise one. He nodded, pleased to take on the role. He would've asked a question for further instruction, but since Vengeance did that for him, he remained silent.

Tzila slid in-between him and Serem with the posture of leader despite her lower rank. Her possessiveness was not unwelcome, but he did not tolerate anyone asserting dominance over him. When she moved away, he moved with her. Body still flush against hers, he rose up on his hinds in an attempt to drape himself over Tzila's shoulders. Then, he'd try to grab an ear with a low rumble, though his teeth would do no permanent damage. His goal was to simply remind her of her place: beneath him.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Next round will start on the 27th/28th
Excellent. Most of them showed up. Hela was absent anyway, but she was surprised to not see Alison here. She was the General, right? Either way, they could still do it.

Of course, Vengeance tested her capability to organize the group. She'd be a useless Leuteniant if not.
"We all have strengths and weaknesses and our numbers will be divided accordingly for success." She had seen Black Hat work in the field. He could organize a group and work with who he was given. "Black Hat has tactical abilities I've yet seen proven in anyone else," of course, she didn't say no one else had the ability, it was just that she hadn't seen it.  
She gave Black Hat and Tzila a look, meaning that they will not start shit. This was a hunt.

"We will single out one chosen by me or Black Hat for our group and take it down. The prey will be within the groups' capabilities." There was no point in choosing a stag when there was not the strength to kill it. Two kills were better than one, no matter the size of one kill. It'd have to be a big fuckin' kill to make her weigh the options. 

"My group will be Vengeance and Valour, Black Hat will take Tzila and..Clay?" She had to think to remember the name of the other child she'd heard in passing. "Serem will help scatter the herd and divide the targets. She will mediate to ensure each group has the correct power for the target." If Black Hat decided to go for something big, Serem should go and help take it down. Vanity and Vengeance would manage, but she was confident that with Valour, being the tough little shit he was, they could handle it. And, seeing as Black Hat had already declared himself to be a higher rank than Tzila, she would now have to listen.

Providing there were no more questions, she would turn and make her way towards the herd, leading her group for the hunt.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour stood strong as Vanity announced the groups though he was shocked that she had chosen him to work with her and Vengeance. His chest puffed out and tail shot up, eyes bright though he made sure to slowly drop his tail and nod respectfully. Then with slow dawning realization, he looked to Clay a frown forming as he seemed to hesitate. Then he sighed softly and turned to face his friend, butting him in the head with a playful growl "Hey Clay, look at me" he said and then with a gentle smile he continued "You can do this. Black hat and Tzila will show you how to be careful" he spoke softly, his eyes sneaking quick glances at the adults to see if they watched before straightening up. "You can do it, I know you can" his ears perked as he turned and followed Vanity toward the hunt his tail wagging happily about being able to prove himself worthy again, right in front of the Warlord himself. 
3/10 mastery
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Her instinctual reaction to Black Hat's form of asserting dominance was to retaliate. Her rank may be that of a common Grunt for the time being, but Tzila was anything but submissive. The beginnings of a rumble started deep in her chest, only to become nothing more than a low powerful vibration. She was too smart to resist, to inflict damage upon the delicate flesh of her ears. And especially to make a scene with Vengeance and the higher ranking Nightwalkers around.

So when he had satisfied himself and released the pressure from her form, she shrugged him off easily. She would have words with him later. Now she paid attention to Vanity, who went about dividing the wolves into groups. Not surprised at being put under the command of Black Hat, she offered no suggestions or questions, for she had none. The plan was simple. Take down the chosen target...pick wisely. Sending Clay a glance that said to get a move on, she followed after Black Hat to take her position.
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Whatever was going on between Black Hat and Tzila was none of his business and offered nothing more than just a glance before focussing back on Vanity and picking apart her plan. There were certain things she lacked in her plan, but perhaps she would figure it out later. Perhaps her way of planning out a pack hunt was different than his - but he had not called one of his own yet. For now, he would simply follow along with her plan to do as she demanded. It was her time to shine, after all, to show what she's got, and he didn't have to take up the spotlight by ripping apart her plan before it could crumble into failure or soar into victory.

Once she had divided the groups and began to walk off, he followed. Throwing a glance at Valour as he silently demanded him to follow rather than dawdle behind while speaking to the other pup who had been separated into the other group (a decision Vengeance agreed with, to separate the weakest links into different groups). His frown expressed his distaste with the friendship and camaraderie between the two pups, perhaps after the hunt, he should get the pups together and start a whole new lesson.

Shadowing Vanity, he waited for further instruction as he padded just beyond her wayside.
185 Posts
Ooc —
"My group will be Vengeance and Valour, Black Hat will take Tzila and..Clay?"

Clay perked up at that, looking at Vanity for the first time during this whole meeting. He wouldn't be with Valour? The boy shrunk back, eyes wide and mouth agape in attempt to yell back and demand he be with the other boy. But before he could said boy had called his attention. Clay glanced to Valour, chest rising and falling as he began to hyperventilate. "I-I-I," he stammered and fumbled over his words, a complete mess. He wanted to be with Valour! Not anyone else.

Ultimately his wishes wouldn't be fulfilled as his friend tried to reassure him he would be okay. Clay thought otherwise, he knew he wouldn't be okay. He never was okay when he wasn't with Valour! But when Vengeance and Tzila threw glances their way he knew it was time to separate.

Gulping, he ducked his head low and parted away, following the black and red female towards the hunt.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Tzila rumbled in protest but ultimately submitted without causing a scene. Smart choice. Black Hat slid off of her without another thought and listened to Vanity's plan. He beamed as she sung his praises, always one to welcome having his ego stroked. He was assigned Tzila and the new kid. Was his name seriously Clay? Who the hell named their kid after dirt? He never saw Clay do anything but be attached to Valour's hip like a tumor, but hopefully he could at least follow instructions. Either way, Black Hat predicted Serem would need to pick up the slack.

Silently, he split off from the other group at a steady lope, shooting Clay a passing glance from over his shoulder. Let me lay down some ground rules. Don't run in front or directly behind them. I'll tell you everything you need to do, just listen to my instructions. Understood? His eyes were trained on the herd, which was already beginning to spook from the pack's movement. Once Serem split the deer into two separate groups, he'd pick out a weak individual as their target.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
PP Serem dividing and scattering the herd
Roll: 19/26
Next round will start 8th December. Oh yeah, no posting order, I should've said that a long time ago and forgot. I'm big dumb.
She turned with no further questions.
She could hold this together, and she trusted the Nightwalkers to do so too.
This would make or break them, and sometimes you had to break something to build it properly.

She watched Serem move forward, cautious not to be attacked, but aggressive in her approach all the same. She approved, following behind only marginally slower so she could assess them. Vanity eyes the herd, especially the division that split to the left. They were a smart group, she'd hunted them before. A doe, finding it tricky to run through the whipping branches of the hanging willows. It was a good job they were small enough to duck under the tentacles of flora. 
Well, Vengeance might find it hard, but she knew what she had to do. Her and Valour push forward to make it trip, Vengeance will attack it from behind when he catches up and helps hold it and kill it.

Flem flew from its nose, and Vanity knew she was the one.
"Tackle it. Venny you keep up and help bring it down." He might think it an obvious cue, but it was to show Valour how to organize a hunt due to the strengths and weaknesses of the group and the landscape. Hopefully, he'd pick up on the deers' struggling and small trips. Hopefully, it will fall to its knees.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He would not look back.

The expression on Clay's face struck him, it made him want to put up a fight and stick with his friend. He glanced up to Vengeance to see him glaring down at him with blatant dissatisfaction. It burned him inside, that here he was, lowering himself to his place but showing he was going to fight to be recognized and he had done something wrong again. He held his Mentor's gaze for a long moment before his ears flattened and he lowered his gaze focusing ahead and spotting the herd. 

He paused beside Vanity and beside Vengeance ears perked and listening to the instructions as he calmed his breathing. He wanted to go at it, to show that he could do it, but the last time he had almost gotten badly hurt and the entire pack had regarded him poorly. This time he would do it differently, slower. He looked to Vanity and nodded stepping forward beside her and looking to her double checking to make sure it was time to go into motion.
3/10 mastery
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Hunkering down to use what cover they had to her advantage, Tzila watched the herd intently, alert for Black Hat's cue. While Serem worked to divide the herd, she used what time remained to give young Clay some hunting tips. Turning to him, she forced the boy to meet her eyes. "I can see your inexperience." She said lowly. It was a statement. A fact. Not a way to demean him. But if he took it as such, then let him. 

She gestured him closer to come stand by her side with a tip of her muzzle. "Observe them. Closely. Not as a herd, but as individuals." Her eyes drifted away from Clay and onto the herd, falling on one animal after the next. "Examine how they move...in detail. Look for weakness or sniff it out. The rotten odor of an infected tooth...or how one leg may not quite extend fully. These are all subtle clues that will tell you which animal is weak." She spared a glance to the group where a doe had split off, snot flying from it's nose. Other signals were much easier to spot, in many cases. "Then...there's the obvious." She concluded, in the same quiet voice she had been using the whole time.