Duck Lake you're gonna read about the way, the way a man can go.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Private 
@Star <3

kevlyn lead her north.

caiaphas followed, frothing laboriously. long goblets of drool rimed her coat, freezing over into crystalline quills of ice across her thin chest. caiaphas was not aware. her vision was focused only on the specter ahead.

he lead her through a forest of thinning trees, and their progress was often slowed by her sidewinding gait. caiaphas' eyes had lost much of their yellow sharpness; the brilliant tourmaline had faded into a blinded, silvery fury.

whatever had made caiaphas uniquely caiaphas was gone -- replaced now by a dispossessed and gibbering husk. what little she could recall (of her home, who she was, her family, her blood) was besotted by an endless barrage of hallucinations -- caiaphas saw not the trees shouldered in snow as they passed, nor the ground streaking by under her prowling feet -- she saw only kevlyn, the shadow, the root to her soul

fleeing before her eyes -- she must catch it, she must catch it.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She had taken a little trip back down into the valley. Her wounds from the cougar fight were healing up alright, but she could still feel their sting, and so each step was a heavy one. And she knew that perhaps she should've been resting at the Court- but her heart tugged her feet and she could not resist the occasional outing, even if it called to her at a bad time. 

The area she arrived was plenty familiar- oh, how many days she had spent here many years ago! Fishing and hunting and meeting new people. Having exchanges with both friends and enemies. Needless to say, the place held memory for Star, and so coming there stirred her mind into thought. 

Not for long, though. She spotted a thing nearby- at first, it was just a silvery-black woman as old as herself. Finding wolves with her own experience seemed to be hard these days, and so she decided to make her way over. But as she came closer, the sight halted her in her tracks. Distant eyes, a mouth coated in frothy spittle, and liquid frozen into her fur down her silvery chest. A ghastly creature. Now, Star was not one to judge from appearance- but this woman felt wrong. There was something totally off about her. Still, "Are you alright?" left her lips hesitantly, keeping her guard up all the while.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
like wildfire roaring through a gulch, the siren sped on. sightless, senseless, and inconsolable, caiaphas stopped for none. the last fraying network of her mind was focused solely on the ghost — the sliver of her soul waning in the frostlight.

she did not hear another wolf approach. she did not see the faded mark of the brotherhood on her pelt, not the concern in the stranger’s eyes for her altered state — and had star not spoken, caiaphas would have thundered onward, chasing a filament of a life long deceased.

yet star spoke — the noise punctured the roaring furnace of caiaphas’ tumultuous brain. it awoke a sense of primordial fear; she staggered as she turned, her moonblind gaze wide and furious. star’s shape was registered, yet not her defining features. a keening, berserk noise pressed from the siren’s slavering jaws — more boarish-squeal than wolf; the noise of which could only be likened to the anguished cries of the damned, in the throes of boundless suffering.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
not sure if you have seen princess mononoke, but rn phas reminds me of this LOL. if u havent seen the movie it's basically an animated corpse thing :P 
also I love threading with you but, do u mind if this is fairly short? I dont think star would realistically stick around for long LOL

The foggy gaze turned upon Star. And ripping forth from the creature's throat came a noise, evil and feral and hellish. Dark eyes widen in fright at the screeching corpse. "What the fuck," came a whisper of awe from the old woman, "Y-you, you're a demon," She breathed.

What curse had befallen the woman? It seemed there was no longer a soul in the body, a mind in the head, a heart in the chest. It was a wolf that had become entirely beast, and it was like nothing Star had even seen. She stumbled backwards a few steps, and though she meant to make her leave from whatever was happening here, she seemed unable to pull her eyes away from the strange and frothing thing.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
I love that movie!! And yes, that’s fine, it makes sense <3 thank you for all the threads with Phas <33

blinded by the sickness that had overtaken her, caiaphas lurched for the thing in her sight and instead, stumbled. the thing that had snared her was a tangle of old oaken root; caiaphas fell to the ground with a broken snarl, claws curling into the snow.

foam, flecked with blood. it fell to the snow in little flecks, the bubbling spittle slowly absorbing into the earth.

caiaphas rose, those lamplight eyes flickering unsteadily as they searched, fruitlessly, for the form that had danced in her vision. a scream — of frustration or fury or both — was flung from her slavering jaws as she grappled through the shade, pursuing the ghost of a life that had long since fled this world.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
thank you too! im gonna miss her T.T the end of an era
The creature makes a move toward her, and for only an instant Star is frightened to death- until the thing trips upon a root. Lucky for Star. The woman falls into the snow and every drop of empathy in the old woman called out to her, encouraging her to be a good soul, to help the woman up. But the brain in her knew she could not listen. As painful as it was to do, she had to leave the woman there. Foaming and bleeding out her life into the snow. She could not allow the beast to touch her.

Finally she breaks free from her trance, stumbling paws carrying her backwards until she whirls around completely. Starting at a trot which turned into a fierce gallop, she dashes away from the scene, taking just one glance back in the direction of the foaming creature which now stood up, releasing a horrible scream. That noise would be burned into her mind forever.