Hoshor Plains Weight of the World
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
Pack meeting!!! Takes place on the 29th hoping to get everyone to post at least once so at least make a cameo if you aren't going to be an active participant! We will be posting in rounds so don't worry about a posting order. Every time I post as Ira it will be the start of a new round (every 3-5 days) I want to try and keep this thread moving so it can be closed properly! @Evergreen @Speedy @Hieronymous @Akida @Spica @Syrma @Connor (assuming he's in by now) @Soleil (tagging in case you want to say she's in by now I know we need to finish the thread)

The roan wolf had waited since her talk with the Count. She wanted to ensure she was ready to help in every way possible before she made the announcement, after all, if she was not fit to help around the pack then what really was the point of all of this. Thankfully enough time had passed that Ira finally received the ok to use her leg, although she still had to be warry. If she pushed herself too hard the healing time would only be prolonged and the strength of her leg would be compromised. It was enough for now though, enough to start pulling her own weight around the pack.

Ira had found a small outcropping of smooth stones near the riverbank, something that provided a large enough surface to act almost like a pedestal. It was here that the mountain wolf sat, her head tilting back to summon those who stood by the name Kaistleoki. Some changes were needed to ensure their survival and waiting was no longer an option in her book. She would wait until she saw a majority of faces present before speaking, those who were late would have to straggle in and catch what they missed from their packmates.

Thank you for arriving swiftly, the news I carry is not necessarily urgent, but it is important. Her golden gaze flicked looking for Evergreen's face in the crowd. If she managed to pick him out her stare would linger before she closed her eyes inhaling. I'm sure you all might be wondering why I sit here alone today. Due to the lasting effects of the quakes, Evergreen and I have decided a change was required in order for us to all move forward. The constable paused, her eyes opening once more to look around for the reactions so far of her packmates. As most of you know both the Count and I suffered from serious injuries during the cave-in near Whitefish River. I have been lucky enough to recover the functionality of my leg, Evergreen has been less fortunate. Therefore we decided it would be best if I took his rank as Count and primary leader of the pack. Evergreen will be retiring to the rank of a Noble until further notice, effective immediately.

Again Ira waited, hoping no one was against the decision. She was easily a leader through action, but not usually one with words or personal relations. It would not surprise her if someone found her leadership questionable, but she would be sure to prove her worth one way or another just as she had before.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
thank u

The lavender wolf only faintly knew the events that transpired some time ago; and her heart felt heavy thinking of all those who had to go through the events. She knew they survived, and that they are here, but not all, and not all came back with themselves. The hardships they faced, she thought, was truly admirable. Soleil's gaze carried warmth with pity, as she looked toward her new Alpha- no correction, her new Conunt's healing leg, but even more so at the figure who seemed at times, lost. A giant bear of a man, Evergreen.

She never knew of him personally for she just came to be within Kaistleoki, but he looked like someone who had his tales, maybe later, she could attempt to converse with the big one, the previous Count. For now her lilac gaze followed back at Iris, a nod in understanding on what needed to be done.
21 Posts
Ooc —
He was simply resting in his den when the call for the pack to gather was made by the female and he gave a long stretch before heading out to join the others. 

His joints were sore as he walked forward and he took a seat in order to rest and listen to was said. He had still to meet the other members of the pack so the man she stated was simply a name floating in the wind for now until he could meet the fellow. So for now he simply listened.
133 Posts
Ooc —
The cowboy had been wandering the borders when the call sounded. It seemed that more and more wolves have stumbled upon their borders as of late, perhaps the lack of prey and winter was finally pushing loners their way. He hoped it would last longer than the season, but only time would tell.

Tearing away from their invisible line, Tobias would make his way to the rocky outcrop where a few had already gathered to take a seat. The Constable sat tall and as more filed in she would begin to speak. As she went on his brows would raise as he searched the crowd for the bearish...ex-count. The man had no qualms with Ira taking over, but it was more or less a surprise with how much of a passion this pack was to Evergreen. Perhaps if he recovered he would one day take a seat amongst Ira again, but for now he would be a simple noble alongside him.

Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He is ashamed, in a way. Kaistleoki is the vision he started. Everything poured within it to create a place where he could string together a family of sorts, but he should rest easy with it being in better hands. There are times that Eve forgets events that happened just minutes prior, where he asks the same question over and over… He knows he isn’t fit to lead them.

But he wants to remain a part of their life, if anything.

He trails alongside @Winterbourne. Although much has transpired since, the silver male thankfully keeps to his side.

Together, they arrive at Ira’s call. Eve knows what it’s about, and had told Winterbourne, too. Probably more times than he remembers, but at least the knowledge isn’t a secret. Now the rest of the pack will find out.

The bear sits among them instead of at the former Constable’s side—Winterbourne to his left instead. It feels odd, but he does his best not to look as defeated as he feels.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Cameo!

The man was just brought in to Kaistleoki and there was already a meeting that he had to attend so the man had to make haste from his own exploration of the territory to get himself familiar with his new home. Connor bounded with tireless strides, he promised the Ira that he would participate and prove himself as a worthy wolf of Kaistleoki and the titan was set on doing that. Within record time, for him, he made it to the meeting and was honestly determined and pumped to hear what the woman had to say so he found himself a spot in the back and plopped down on his haunches with his ears forward. Ira began by explaining that the pack has been through rough times and the cinnamon man could only feel sympathy for the pack since the formation of Aristos wasn't easy but his experience with that pack was probably nothing close to what happened to this one.

She went on saying that the previous count would be stepping down and she would be the pack's sole ruler after she and the count suffered injuries. But the presence of another caught his attention with his head turning towards the previous count with curiosity, he was walking with another wolf and made his way towards the stone-like podium. The man tried to hide a look of defeated but Connor understood his sacrifice, and honestly, the titan would have done the same if he had to face those circumstances. Perhaps he could talk to the previous count to let him know that he could sympathize with him even if he didn't know him that well. He gave a small sympathetic smile to the former count but he quickly shifted back to a serious face and looked back at Ira as she continued to make her announcement.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It was very unlike the healer to be late to a pack meeting. She hadn't been herself lately, splitting her time between trying her best to help Evergreen and Ira heal and searching for her missing son. She still had not seen any sign of Castor, and she was beside herself with worry. She had even gone as far as considering a secret visit to Moonspear just to see if she could catch a glimpse of him there. But what would she do with that knowledge? She would want to march right in there and take him away, which would most likely lead to the end of her life, leaving all of her children without a mother. So she hadn't entertained that idea much; it only added to how helpless she felt about the whole thing

And her failure where Evergreen was concerned weighed very heavy on her heart. She knew this was how head wounds went sometimes, but she still had trouble not feeling like she had done something wrong. Maybe if she had more herbs or more time. Or maybe she had missed something in all of her assessments that ended up doing more damage. It was impossible to know, and she knew she shouldn't beat herself up over it, but here she was, feeling guilty and wishing she could figure out some other way to help him. 

She arrived towards the end of Ira's speech, just in time to hear her announce the leadership change. She couldn't help but feel like it was partially her fault. If she had been a better healer, then maybe he wouldn't be forced to step down. She took a seat near the Evergreen to offer her support, offering a small smile to Winterbourne as she did so; at least the Count had him.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
New round!

The reactions ranged, but all spoke the same. To the new Count's relief, no one seemed to disagree with the rank change. Over and over again she would remind herself that this was needed. Kaistleoki would recover and soon they would reclaim their lands. I do not want us to focus on how we have been tested. We survived the quakes and we will survive winter. Kaistleoki was founded on the idea of new beginnings, I have full plans for us to relocate to our home once the snow has cleared. A few scouts will be sent to see if Whitefish River is still sustainable for us. I myself plan to make the trip to our neighboring packs to inform them of our changes.

The plains were not fit for them, that much was clear, but with a goal in mind, she hoped it would bring the pack back together. Many of Kaistleoki's traditions have fallen flat since the move, survival becoming much more important than the comfort days where they were free to tell stories or work on their trades. In the meantime, I'd like to reinstate the mentor-apprentice system. It's important in times like these to remember who we are as a pack and part of that is bettering ourselves. I myself can teach in any mercenary or scout fields and I hope those who are also eligible offer their skills to any open minds. Having a specialty makes you that much more valuable in our ranks.

An additional misfortunate to losing half their members during the earthquakes was the loss of several nobles. Now, most of their faces were new, but that just meant a new start. I'd also like to remind everyone that our leadership is a council. I currently stand alone, but I do not need to. Your opinions are valued as this is not just my home, but yours too. If you are interested in learning about the empty slots, please approach me at a later date. Even with Evergreen in the Council they never had filled the other positions. Perhaps if many jumped on the mentor-apprentice system they could start to fill their empty ranks.

Until then, If anyone would like to raise any questions or concerns, now is your time to do so.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Soleil agreed, while new to the area, the plains were an odd place to settle upon, so she thought. Though did not wish to voice it out, thankful to the chance to find a home within these wilds. She was thankful they would return, and especially near a river, surrounded by hopeful trees she wishes it to be. It felt uncomfortable to be so open, and while nice with the sunshine, and seeing all was about- her wolf instincts felt uncomfortable being within. 

The lavender wolf was still adjusting toward how they worked- the trades and the council. Though intrigued, Soleil would try a hand at the mentor-apprentice program and to see what could be. She didn't count herself really good at something, but a not horrible at anything either. Perhaps this was the chance to find a speciality, and heartfully serve Kaistleoki.

For now, no questions came to be, and Soleil nodded alongst to Ira's words.
I just keep elevating, no losses, just upgrading
159 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Spica arrived besides @Speedy, a bit late but on time enough to hear the news about the leadership change there, likely with @Syrma by her side as well. She glanced at Speedy as the news was announced. This was the first time that Spica'd really caught wind of any serious repercussions from the cave-in; when it happened, it all seemed much more like a game to her, and much less like a really big serious thing. Now, it turned out that there were a few bad things that happened, and one of them caused Evergreen to retire. It was a bit puzzling and so she looked at her mother for guidance, but Spica kept her mouth shut through the announcements.

Then Ira mentioned something about apprenticeships. Spica had heard of these before but not really like.. What was a specialty? What things should she learn? Mama, what's a specialty? she asked in a hushed voice, as to not draw too much attention (which was very unlike her usual self).
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy was relieved to hear that Ira panned to relocate them back to the river. She knew they had to move for the safety of the pack, but the plains just did not seem like a place that could sustain a pack long term, especially with the possibility of pups in the spring. 

When the new Count brought up the mentor/apprentice system, she decided so speak up despite the disappointment she felt over Evergreen's condition. I can help anyone wanting to learn more about healing, she offered with a smile. After all, she had really enjoyed mentoring Dragomir while he had been a part of Kaistleoki. She knew she would enjoy it just as much with anyone else that was interested in learning.

Her daughter's appearance at her side stole her attention for a few moments. She looked down at Spica with a smile when she asked about specialties. Specialties are something you earn when you have spent a long time performing a trade, she explained in a hushed voice, also not wanting to disrupt the meeting. She was always happy when her children asked questions. A trade is a skill that helps others like hunting or scouting or healing, she continued quietly, unsure if Spica had ever heard of that word either.