Neverwinter Forest I hear the voice of the preacher from the back room
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
After stopping at Rusalka, Theseus carried on toward Moonspear, thankful that the spire was an easy landmark to follow. He was eager to return, less to share his own findings, more hungry for news Hydra might have collected herself whilst he was away. No doubt the Queen had made better work of the time than he. Besides the witch, the other murderers still loomed heavy in his mind, faces he had only scents and fragmented imaginings of. Perhaps Hydra had slain them already, perhaps they still wandered abroad. He hoped for the former, expected the latter.

In either case, he would find out soon enough, and he decided to stop at Neverwinter before completing the final leg of his journey. Mal had been most helpful before, and seemingly at the heart of where the murderers had once rendevouzed. Theseus had every reason to believe the young leader would stand with him, and with Moonspear, as an ally in the pursuit.

The scents of Neverwinter ran as thick as ever, and bolstered now with numbers that weren't present before. Theseus took a moment to check if the mark of the murderers tested the line, but what he found surprised him, and his blinked in the sudden wash of memories the faintest thread pulled out --

Theseus offered the quickest jerk back, before he shook himself with a sharp upward swing of his head, and his voice punched the air, a call for @Mal directly.
with quiet words I'll lead you in
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Cameo for Kyr so she can be scout-like and gawk at sexy Hook voice. <3 Feel free to skip around me as neccessary.

A call sounded over the thick forestry of Neverwinter. It called for Mal and Mal alone, leader to these lands. Vallkyrie came anyhow, be it stubbornness when it came to wanting to know what was going on or simply because she had a means to be there for her leader as needed. With all that was going on, having a quick footed messenger at stand by might be a good option. So she came, her light and limber footing bringing her swiftly to come upon a darkly grayscale wolf, patterned in black, steel gray and off white. She remains distant, standing back as though with every intention to leave the floor for Mal's arrival. Still, she smiles politely and greets. Hello there. Icy eyes regard him curiously.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Quick post to get it on my thread log before I forget again. >_>

Mal had been following a couple of the local deer that had paired off and started heading towards the borders when the call came. He wasn't sure why the deer were going that way, but was hoping it would turn out one would be towards the near edible section of the spectrum. He'd figure that out later, but since he'd been directly called for, Mal had that business to attend to first.

After pointing his paws in the source's direction it didn't take long before he appeared on the scene -- Vallkyrie had gotten there first, but couldn't have beaten him by too much time, right? A bob of his head and a smile to Vallkyrie before he turned his grin to the man. It had taken him a moment to place him, but Mal had worked it out before he needed to say anything -- not that he remembered a name, A kind of familiar face! What brings you by? Did you hear the news too? Head tilt.
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
<3 I'm excited to have you both!! :D Keeping this as vague as possible, depending on what he finds out at Rusalka

Theseus failed to recognize the woman who neared him. He pulled his ears forward, and he swept her with a curious look. She was certainly not the timid girl who had been with Mal the night he and Hydra had first convened with Neverwinter. That one had seemed likely to dart and scuttle about, but while this one held herself at a similar distance, she seemed secure in her bearings. Confident, in herself. Attractive, in this. Theseus offered her a slight tilt of his head, and a careful sort of smile, " 'ello."

But the sound of movement in the underbrush leaked him of any further words, and he clipped his hazel eyes to the forest behind her, where his mottled ally emerged.

Mal met them both with levity, and Theseus offered the young leader with the crook of a grin -- and, at his unexpected twist of a greeting, the drawn out lift of his brow. "News?" A sudden fire burned in his belly, and crawled into the crook of his throat, and excitement that lighted only in the deep set of his eyes. "Afraid not, I've been scouting the coast the past month for any signs of the seawitch and her snakes," -- and this was said with a curl of his lip, and none too little poison -- "alas, to no avail," but perhaps Mal had the answer why. Theseus leaned forward, and flicked his gaze between his company, "but please, I am quite eager to know what news you carry." 
with quiet words I'll lead you in
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Yaas, ty! And okay.

He tipped his head and a simple 'hello' in broken tongue came from his lips, though this is all which could be offered before the arrival another pulled at both their attention. Kyr's head tosses around her foreleg to reveal her molted gray leader. She dips her muzzle, a silent gesture of greeting and allows Mal of course to take the floor. 

Turning back, she silently listens on as they begin their conversation. The newcomer seemingly puzzled by Mal's exclamation and both curious. Her ears crane, taking in the accent of his roguish tones, a smile of approval placed upon her lips. His words were lingering, leaning her into the trail. She was as curious as the loner now, but for different reason entirely. Her bright artic eyes were attentive, watching, waiting...
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
So he was still on the search. And at a good time, too -- since there'd been movement in the case. Shoehorn in a few other detective-y puns here. Well then, let's get you up to date. Hydra stopped by recently. She said that one psycho -- the girl, not the old witch -- attacked one of her wolves. She's wanting to hunt them down with whoever will help. From here and the pack by the water too, Yuelong. There's sort of an alliance-army-thing forming, it'd be coordinated through that, I think. Look, Mal still didn't know what the proper word was for Ying's mercenary army. Speaking of, at some point he'd have to go through and figure out just who would want to go with them whenever that happened. He didn't feel like there were any super clear candidates any more. Hell, there were more that fell in the 'I am not sending this person out there' section for sure.

I don't think anyone knows where they've run off to yet. And there have been a few other random loners messing with younger wolves too -- not related to the original three I think. I haven't smelled them since, though. But I'll know them if I cross paths with them again. In other words, it had been a busy few months, and not necessarily in a good way. He looked to Vallkyrie then, Which summarizes most of it. Did I miss anything? To anyone not around when the incidents occurred (which was almost everyone) there were some vague descriptions and that was about it. Not particularly useful.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Since he has gone inactive, ima just post up what I had written up a few months back then shall we close..?

When Mal was finished telling of the recent happenings around the northern coast and the Great Bear Wilderness, he turned his focus on Vallkyrie, allowing her to have the floor if anything was missing. The slender woman takes a step forward, icy eyes slipping from her leader and onto the Theseus. The guardians he speaks of are called Junshi. She spoke, filling in where her leader was uncertain. She had learned of this through her time spent with Ying when she visited, often for hunting which the both of them quite obviously enjoyed. Ying leads them. A white woman with black stripping on her back. Opposite almost of her own coating. They were like protectors of the north, as it were. She didnt know all the rules in it but very much well still knew of their existence. A branch separate from the pack itself given that Ying lived in Yuelong, there was a chance this man here could be a part of it if he proved himself to her friend. 

She fell silent again but seemed to ponder a moment, head tilting out to the side as she mused. If this man had been searching along the coast and with how well guarded it was now, they likely needed to turn their attention south, and then east... She would have thought maybe they were the cruel Nightwalkers she had heard of before down south but these had been known as loners, a band of their own accord. They didnt have territory so could move anywhere and everywhere, hence the trouble. If they were no longer around and had moved to a different trouble, would it be worth the risk plucking members from each of the neighboring packs to fight with Junshi? They were to protect this region but, if they all moved to the south and outwards, how long could it be before those wolves returned? What if they didnt make it back?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yep, I'll wrap here!

He nodded to what Kyr said. Hopefully one of us ends up finding out where they ended up. I'm just glad they don't seem to be in the general vicinity -- surely we would have smelled them by now. I'm pretty sure with the way the alliance is set up, if any of us find them, the rest will be told so we'll all know. If we can make sure you get word too, we will. But that was pretty much all that could be promised, wasn't it?

It would be a while before they were able to go and send out a proper scouting party. Things would put it off for many weeks in a row. Still. The thought would be there in his mind.

After that, Mal clarified anything that needed to be said and they parted ways. Hopefully trouble wouldn't see any of them any time soon.