Whitefish River Soldier, Poet, King
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
All Welcome 
As dusk broke over the mountains, shielding it's light from the land and giving way to darkness, a man stood upon the freshly marked borders of a land foreign to him, but calming none the less. He had been curious about his daughter, @Ira, about her pack and her newly founded home.

He wanted to see what she was up to. But more importantly, he wanted to choke the life out of the two that had probably gotten her pregnant. Though he tried not to, Greyback couldn't help but still be sour over the news that his baby, his eldest, was now soiled by wolves who hadn't asked for his blessing beforehand.

Sniffing the air, the elder angled his ears forward and let out a loud alarm to catch the attention of anyone that was nearby, his loud grumbling voice making his presence known.

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was growing late as the call rang out, one all too familiar for the Count to ignore. She had just reined in her kids to begin settling before night fell upon the river, but it seemed she would be required to make a quick trip out. Ira called for @Hieronymous to stand in for her brief escape and as soon as all three pups were moderately content she would slip away in pursuit of the borders.

The voice belonged to her Father, there was no mistaking it, and while she was happy he had come to visit she couldn't help but wonder the reasoning. It wasn't like he came often, only when something was amiss, but until he said otherwise the roan woman would hope it was to see his grandchildren.

Greyback wouldn't have to wait long, Ira traveled at a quick pace to avoid staying away from her children for too long only slowing as the hulking man came into view. Ignoring her usual greetings the Count stepped forward to press into the thick fur along her father's neck, Father— it's been some time. What brings you?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Ira came alone, as she always did. Her slender frame and royal gate easy to pick out upon the horizon from where she came. There was no wolf that compared to her in beauty and pose, and Greyback, being her father, reveled in it. She was his daughter.

"Am I not allowed to pay a visit my daughter?" he joked merrily, tail swishing at his hocks as a smile graced his old and greying mug. "I come to just say Hello and see the children, but why are you alone? Where are those two young men, the children?"

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
You are, but visits are few and far between. Of course, the man had his own duties back in Easthollow and there was no denying her father's age. Ira did not blame him for the lack of visitation, but it did not change her wishes. It was to her relief that his presence was under fair conditions, but the Count couldn't help but momentarily tense at the mentioning of Evergreen and Winterbourne.

He had no idea, nor was there any reason for him to know her recent struggles. Ira was strong, but masks were all too common for her to carry. It was easy to ignore the problems and let her worries and fears fade with the days as the pack placed their efforts elsewhere, though chances were Greyback would not allow her to slip away so easily. The children rest easy, safe in my den. Those that remained at least.

The grim reminder of Dandelion lingered at the back of her mind, though the Count would force a smile. Our new Constable has stepped in to aid us. Evergreen— Left. Fled to the hills or perished to the falls, either way, he was gone. He was gone... Ira found herself swallowing as she tried to find the right words. has departed for some time now.

Why was it so hard to say now? That he was not coming back, that he had left, that he disappeared. Did she want him back? It felt so wrong now and she had put her own word on the line. What would her father think? He did not seem to take it well last time despite his efforts to hide his true feelings. Winterbourne travels with him. She had to change the topic, lingering here was dangerous and Ira sought no pity. What of Easthollow? Do the young flourish again this year? Perhaps she gained new siblings this year as well, she wouldn't put it past Valette. The Matriarch had always been fond of children. 
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"We are all slaves to the responsibilities we bare." He shot back, tail waving at his hocks in slight tension. He hoped his daughter did not mean the statement as a jab at his lack of availability, but if so he brushed it off quickly and sighed.

She was an alpha too— alone as she always had been. He was surprised to hear that both the parents of her children were now missing, gone as if they were never there to bare witness to the fruits of their labor. He never thought of Evergreen as one to abandon his position, but the elder couldn't help but raise his lips in disdain at the fact. 

A moment of thought—pursed lips that settle down and mumbled statement "So you are raising my grand-cubs alone.

He would have to tell Valette of that. "We are not far, you should take them to visit us—soon, that is. It would be good to have them interact with their family." A coy statement that attempted to hide his own selfish desire. "But our young are... well. A cougar claimed Nanook, Kaito as well. Arlette has fallen to same fate as Valette last year. But the pups are strong, they will grow up in the watchful eyes of their father."

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
There are no doubts amongst the Gods that we do what we are able. Though Ira couldn't help but hope that his troubles were the lesser of the two. It was clear from the look on his face that he was not pleased with her news. He suggested in a disapproving manner that she take the kids to visit as if her own care would not be enough. I pray not you've forgotten, Father. I am not alone, I have a pack at my heels and a dutiful Constable by my side.

Surely with time, she would love to take the kids on a trip over, but they were still so young and there were dangers that needed her attention first. To leave now would put the wilds at risk, especially should Kaistleoki be requested for assistance. What came next surprised her, for Easthollow to suffer such a blow from a cougar was horrible. Her heart went out to young Arlette, she had seemed so excited and now to have lost it all...

I fear more danger lurks nearby. A forming group, the Saints of the Dying Light. They have terrorized nearby packs with unspeakable deeds. They sought an alliance with us but were turned away. To think if she had been at the borders that day, if the pups had not needed tending. How different would things have turned out should word of Kaistleoki backing the Saints get out? Thankfully it was a worry that could be laid to rest, as now there was no chance of their neighbors turning on them.

With the help of other pack leaders, we pushed them away from these lands, but there's no telling where they will travel. Do not fall for their tricks.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"They give us no more than what he can handle," he retorted back in agreement, his tail flicking once more at his hocks. Greyback wanted to believe that was the case, that the gods were just. But the death of Nanook, the death of Kaito, and the stil lborns of Arlette seemed too much a price to pay for whatever paths the gods had prepared for Easthollow.

And now the disappearance of his grandpups fathers? What had been done to deserve this? "I am not forgotten, but the pups will no longer have a father, yes?" A sad reality in his mind. He had not forgotten the impact of his abandonment on his children—on Ira.

"Danger? Thats... quite an interesting name for a pack of that nature. Are they occultists?" He gasped

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All the insisting and roundabout ways to avoid the inevitable was nothing but time-wasters especially now with her destiny laid out before her. She had no intention of lying, so when it came to the truth Ira could only silent nod. How she desperately wish fate had played a different hand, that these kids would have a better life, but she was still intent on giving them that. She had the pack, it would be enough. They would feel the love of those who lived here and most of all they would not be alone.

Thankfully the Count successfully shifted the conversation to a much larger issue. The Saints. Yes, well, perhaps to them they are saints... I know not of their beliefs other than the savagery. Although it matters not what they believe, they are dangerous. Do not let them settle near you. At least they haven't seen any signs of them since the push to move. Perhaps they actually listened and found somewhere far from here to call home.