Neverwinter Forest My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
A visit! Open.

She'd inadvertently spent the night in the lowlands, knowing she should be back home in the vale where everything was safe, her girls were there and her husband—they would be missing her. That said, she knew stressing about her journey and the terrible storming of the sky would not help her move any faster or anything.

Ibis departed the Heartwood and went north, expecting to run in to someone familiar or at the very least, crossing by the border of a claim. The strong metal scent of the rain did make tracking things difficult, but Ibis held out hope she'd find what she anticipated: and then she noticed @Mal's scent, along with others, sheltered by a fringe of trees.

As she ducked among these trees she shook her tiny self to dry off, and then planted herself down on her haunches, and proceeded to try and groom the mud from one paw. Careful, precise, and unhurried.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Vague about a few things in otherthread(s)

Being home didn't mean he was going to get to relax. Kind of unfortunate, but once he was caught up on the stuff he missed maybe then he could. But it wasn't like his limp was instantly going away, regardless of whether or not he got treated earlier, he still needed to go patrol and refresh markers and all that jazz. Talk to everyone, too. How many people were there for him to give the news to? Felt like a zillion but it was more like five total.

But as he slowly made his way along he spotted a figure sitting along the border. Huh. Occupied with their paws, so he didn't rush. But as he got closer it became clear just who it was. Well, better Ibis than certain others. Still, he was a little wary for other reasons, but he buried it well. He wore his usual grin as he approached, calling out, I hope you weren't planning to sit around and use my trees and not call to say hi. At least now he was nice and cleaned up, and even if his sashay on over was kind of uneven. He'd do his best to be his usual self.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It was kind of pointless to worry at her coat, today of all days. The rain had not let up in weeks, and if she were to hike back home, she'd be a mess regardless. A little rest was all she needed; Ibis did not think she'd be here long enough to meet anyone, and really sat beneath the trees for a little break from the rain. Fixing herself up was a part of that—or maybe if the weather had been better she'd be picking flowers.

A familiar voice called out to her and drew her attention away from her pale paws, and as they settled in the dirt she looked up, eyes bright. She followed the dappled man's shape as he approached, mirroring his smile to a lesser extent.

Maybe. I thought they were suitable in this weather. She ducks her head out from underneath, feeling the drops land on her snout, and as she withdrew back underneath the reaching trees she nodded to him. He was limping.

How are you? It felt a little disingenuous to ask; he was clearly injured, and a smile could only hide so much. He seemed healthy otherwise, having grown in to quite a solid looking man, while the swagger of his steps suited him.
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
it was lucky for cam that he was close by at the time, patrolling the border and staring at flowers, as he was wont to do. the pair caught his eye immediately. one was mal, the other a small cream figure that sparked familiarity within him. as he drew closer, it became clear.

ibis! the dark-pelted yearling called out joyously, trotting toward the duo. he was smiling widely as he pulled to a stop, and if she'd allow it, he pushed his nose into her shoulder in affectionate greeting. how are you?

things had changed. he was taller than her, now, and she smelled different. of mountains and travel. . .and babies?! it had been a long time, and he settled back upon his haunches, not wanting to overly monopolize the conversation between his alpha and the visitor.

still, he was enthused to see an old face. that didn't happen often these days.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal came over and took a seat comfortably nearby. Ibis had picked the most well-sheltered spot and Mal wasn't gonna come shove on in and invade her space entirely though. Even if he wasn't currently wondering what she did and didn't know, it didn't matter so much anyway as thanks to Eleuthera he felt wary of the old Bracken Sanctuary crew. He was the outsider, as always. Well enough, just got back from a trip and figuring out what I've missed. Wh-- That was when Cam cut in. 

He didn't mind. Wasn't like there was anything heavy going on, and Mal might actually appreciate someone else taking the heat for a bit given everything that happened, Hey Cam, suppose you took the question I was gonna ask, passing a smirk his way. Maybe with a side of 'What brings you out here?' too though. It wasn't like a day trip. And he'd hope that question would keep Ibis from asking him what he was up to beyond what he'd said, at least quite yet. There were a few things he wanted to know before diving into some of that.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Mal didn't get a chance to say much, but what he said did pique Ibis' interest; she wondered where he had gone and if his trip had been a good one - but she couldn't even get through a full thought before Cam came bounding from over the invisible line. At first Ibis did not recognize him; he was so tall now, and seemed quite a bit happier than the last time they'd seen one-another. Then again, how long ago had that been? Felt like an entire lifetime had flown on by her.

Cam! called out the woman as her own name hit her ears.

How are you? queried the boy. He was met by Mal's rejoinder, and Ibis glanced between them both with a little smile on her face. She hadn't meant to disrupt anyone's day but it was nice to have this impromptu reunion.

I'm good! Life is great, aside from the constant worry over her daughters, the terrible man who was now in power over the empire, and the absence of her best friend, that is. I was only passing through but the rain, gosh, its gotten so bad. She shakes her head in disbelief.

I um, was taking a little vacation from home. Its been a while since I've stretched my legs. It was supposed to be a day drip but then the rain got me all.. Discombobulated, and everything. Guess some habits are hard to shake. She laughs softly, making reference to her tendency to roam and get lost, which might go over their heads.
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
he felt a little sheepish, butting in as he had, but ibis's greeting made it a little less awkward. her appearance had brought a smile to his face that wasn't going away anytime soon. she had shown such kindness to him as a child; oh, kindness he hadn't wanted, really, but needed, desperately. he thanked her for it now.

where do you live now? cam asked, cocking his head. she had once called these woods her home, but things did change. in the mountains, presumably—he felt his breath catch slightly as he thought of moonspear. hopefully not that mountain.

his tail slightly tucked, he looked between the two of them, waiting for her answer and for the conversation to continue. he didn't have to be a part of it. he was content to watch and listen.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He was feeling pretty split about it all -- trying to balance being amiable with current secrets and curiosity. It made the normal mundane questions just seem.. Odd. Yeah. Doesn't seem like it has an end. I'd say you should wait 'til the weather ends but at the way things have gone, it'll be a year before things are back to normal, he said hyperbolically. It had to be just the same as when she set out. It wasn't gonna get any better, but hopefully it wouldn't get any worse.

There were a few questions he had, but honestly, Mal could wait. What Cam asked next could lead into it anyway, so he'd let them sort of catch up and he'd stay relatively quiet on the matter for this instant.