Firefly Glen i can bring you in warm
22 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Joining 
temperament: phlegmatic

the early morning is cold, the sun just cresting the horizon; hidden by the rise of the spear-tipped mountain but defiantly casting it’s golden glow upon everything it can reach nonetheless. kraken takes a deep breath; the tangy scent of salt still upon his pelage. the desire to go further inland was little more than impulsive. the plausibility of surviving the winter as a lone coastal wolf weighs heavy upon the cairn.

the need to survive outweighs his wants.

it always has.

steps slow to a halt as he draws near a border; claiming the stretching glen before him. knowing that he must start somewhere, whether they take him in or not, he decides in the herenow that it’s where he’ll start.

with that in mind, kraken tilts his head back and lets out a howl, announcing his presence.
word count: 139
the terrible shadow.
the beast with a million eyes
and a million ears.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris was prompt to meet Kraken at the borders, approaching the stranger with his posture tall, his tail at full-mast, and his gait determined. In recent days, there had been an influx of visitors. He had made such summonings a priority; the glen would only benefit from able recruits. 

The smell of salt was strong upon the stranger, and Osiris was reminded of Yuèlóng. "Hello," he greeted, his eyes still studying the other wolf. Kraken looked more than capable, from his initial impression. "You've made it to the borders of my pack, Firefly Glen. How can I help you?"
22 Posts
Ooc — torvi
it’s not long until someone shows, drawing nearer to the cairn to greet him. the male that greets him is burly, an agouti mixture of onyx, chocolate and cream; clearly the leader, deduced by the leviathan before the words pass from betwixt his lips to confirm. greeting. pack name. firefly glen. the question of how he can be helped. hello, voice is gruff, saltcoated and coarse from disuse. i am kraken cairn, he offers his name in introduction with a small dip of his head. though not a beast of diplomacy by any means, kraken can respect hierarchy as well as any.

i’ve come seeking a home.

word count: 107
the terrible shadow.
and a million ears.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"I've come seeking a home," the stranger replied, and Osiris nodded, expecting as much. "Kraken," he echoed, committing the name to memory. "Tell me of your experience before now, and how you would be able to contribute to my pack," he requested.
22 Posts
Ooc — torvi
the leader, kraken learns, is all cut and no chase; for which the cairn is undeniably glad. small talk and pleasantries are not necessarily something the leviathan is ( well ) versed in. i am a well trained warrior and guardian, kraken offers. i’m a good tracker and hunter. all things necessary to survive warsaw islands. he does not add that he is a good swimmer ( evidenced by his survival of The Drop ), not thinking it’ll be a necessary skill if what he sees of the glen behind the leader is how it looks in it’s entirety. swimming is only really useful on the coast when the wolves relied on the sea’s bounty as much as they did the herds.

word count: 118
the terrible shadow.
and a million ears.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Kraken's answer was enough to appease Osiris. "Very well," he replied, watching the stranger for a beat longer. "We could use your skills here—especially with winter approaching," he decided. "You will be ranked as a Lambda to start off with," he added, turning towards the territory's heartlands and motioning for Kraken to follow. "I will show you our lands and catch you up to speed on everything you should know," there was much for the newest recruit to learn. "Are you hungry? If so, we can grab something for you along the way."

When Kraken agreed, Osiris lead his new packmate further into the territory to give his newest subordinate the lay of the land.