Dragoncrest Cliffs The bottle stench may be here to stay
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
It wounded her to see her mother's eyes filled with pain. She was an empathetic creature, and while she still believed that her mothers were making decisions that Chacal didn't agree with, she knew they still cared. She shouldn't have questioned if her mother's love had anything t do with her needing to be able to communicate; she knew that Rosalyn adored her. She was simply exploring the reality of being able to communicate, and the difference it could potentially make in her life- but had to wonder, of course, if she would have been valued less if she had not found a way to be able to speak. She also felt as though she hadn't been helped, or pushed, to speak...And it was one thing, of course, to be accepted as she was- but another to not be challenged to do better. 

"Wait, Mama," She called out, in her birdsong voice when Rosalyn turned to leave. Her mother looked disappointed, dejected. That wouldn't do. Her mother was willing to turn her back on her daughter without, again, pushing her to explain herself. She wanted to be heard, and she wanted to be challenged. So she strode toward her mother with a proud step- moving with the confident, fluid gait she came by naturally. 

"I want to mean the same, whet'er or not I speak.
I do not want to feel like I am less, if I am silent."

She wove her melody from one line and on to the next; a half cadence eventually resolving to a complete one when she finished her statement, so that the melodic contour of her line suited the flow of the words she spoke, indicating that she was speaking a complete thought. She was quiet a moment, before she approached another subject. 

"I do not believe in de Seafoam Run.
I do not believe it is fair. 
Why should de sea choose who is fit to lead,
if not all can swim?"
She asked. She firmly believed that a wolf's ability to swim had next to nothing to do with their ability to help lead a pack. "I do not believe Njord any better than others just because he swim fastest. I do not believe Rav less worthy because he choose not to swim. He runs faster than me. Where is de difference?" 

"I was not worthy of de Seafoam run, at first-
Dis choice you made yourself.
When I am the only one,
who has not died, gotten lost, or run-
Why was I not worthy, of even trying to swim?"
She pleaded. She still felt as though despite being a dedicated member of the pack, she had been let down by being excluded from the Seafoam Run. All of her siblings had either run off, died, or gotten lost- so she thought it incredibly unfair that she should not be included in the first row of selected participants. 

"When you offered...It was pity." In changing their minds and in allowing all to participate, Chacal had thought that the change smacked of indecision, and that they'd modified their own rules after seeing how disappointed she was. She didn't want pity. She wanted equality. 

"Do you make de sea de one to choose a leader-
because you are not able to see worthiness yourself?"
She then asked calmly. "An' I ask you again; am I more worthy now because I can speak my thought?"
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - February 28, 2021, 04:18 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 04, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 04, 2021, 05:59 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 07:32 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 11, 2021, 07:49 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 08:16 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 14, 2021, 07:04 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 02:42 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:09 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:50 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 18, 2021, 10:07 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 18, 2021, 02:13 PM