Dragoncrest Cliffs The bottle stench may be here to stay
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Totally fine. Things need to get repeated for them to sink in for kids, anyway, haha!

She wasn't sure she believed her mother when she was informed that they hadn't changed their minds because it'd become obvious that wolves other than those in the Rosada rank wanted to participate. Fluctuating the rules was something that Chacal perceived to be a weakness, when there was no rational explanation given. To her, it made no sense for them to offer the opportunity to wolves that they did not consider ready for leadership. If one of their newest members had won, then what was that to say about longevity and dedication? 

But as her mother explained, the temporary spot in the leadership, which would continue to be earned by swimming ability, was not exactly necessary. It wasn't needed, she said- but it was offered, like a gift. This she could understand; it was like being given the opportunity to try and see what leadership was like, without necessarily becoming a part of the permanent,  structural bones of the pack. That point hadn't really occurred to Chacal, who would have to agree that in terms of allowing pack members to feel important and valued, giving them a chance to make some executive decisions was a good way to earn trust and loyalty. She frowned, but she nodded slightly. 

But in being told she'd done herself a disservice, her eyes flashed. What her mother had said was hurtful, and she was wounded especially because the last thing she wanted was to be told that despite the fact she had overcome one of her biggest hurdles, it had turned out to become a detriment. "It is not that," Her voice rang out in despair, her melody wavering with emotion. She began to breathe harder. "I...try." She asserted. "I....Overcome. All on my own." She said bitterly. "I stan' wit my brother. I do not run off. I do as I am told. But I have so many questions." She breathed, exasperated. After all, her entire life had been filled with questions had not been asked, or answered. Now that she had the chance, she was beginning to discover just how much more complicated life could be with words.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - February 28, 2021, 04:18 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 04, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 04, 2021, 05:59 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 07:32 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 11, 2021, 07:49 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 11, 2021, 08:16 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 14, 2021, 07:04 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 02:42 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:09 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 15, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 15, 2021, 05:50 PM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Rosalyn - March 18, 2021, 10:07 AM
RE: The bottle stench may be here to stay - by Chacal - March 18, 2021, 02:13 PM