Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel nodded as he said he'd lived there a while. She wondered when. Perhaps it was when she had been traveling around, looking for her lost children. Uplift the spirit... She could not help but wonder what his spirits needed uplifting for. But then, had someone asked her right now, even this man who had taken her in and offered her a home, she would have shut down. And so she kept her curiosity to herself, knowing that it was wisest to be silent where she might have spoken, many years ago. Back when she was more brazen and outgoing. Back when she had, perhaps, no faith in those around her sticking around... But at least she had had faith that they wouldn't be able to hurt her.

Ahh, the feeling of being untouchable... How she missed it. How she longed to have it back.

Peace was still far away for Laurel, who was even trying to come to terms with the fact that maybe, she might find peace one day. She had given up for the past years -- for the past ever since Indra died -- and only recently, during her first patrol with Mahler in the Bypass, she had found that she felt the feeling of budding hope. That maybe, she could attain peace some day. Not today, not tomorrow... But some day, maybe.

She stared out over the lake that shimmered like crystals. She watched a few birds fly over it, watched the trees on the other side sway gently in the wind. She breathed in deep and felt how tense her body was. Her breath was held for a little while before she breathed it out, humming in thought.

It might be a while before something good comes along, she said with a smile to the side, I'm enjoying my present company too much to make up my mind so soon. She thought again to how funny it was that he had lived here so long, and so had she, and yet they never passed each other in their time here, in this side of the Teekon. While we wait for inspiration... Why don't you tell me where you grew up? If you don't mind, anyway. Laurel smiled again; but this time, a more fragile smile, showing a glimpse of her fears and a glimpse of how much courage it had taken her to ask him such a personal question.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 09, 2021, 03:08 PM