Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The question seemed to make him less comfortable than the silence before it. Laurel didn't necessarily mind making others uncomfortable, but perhaps her new leader was not the right place to start. Especially if she didn't intend for it. The past could be a fickle thing.

She apologetically looked at him and said, I'm sorry, I understand the past can be a big thing to ask about. After a short moment of silence Laurel continued, Perhaps I can make up for it by sharing some of mine. Me? Of course not. Never him. I grew up without a father because my mother took me away from him, I grew up without a mother because she left soon after. It was always just me and my sister. Indra... Oh, sweet Indra.

She paused, hesitating clearly.

.. She was the only wolf I ever trusted. All the rest of the wolves of the world had been disappointing most of the time. They tried their best at best, and manipulated her and broke her beyond repair at worst. Yeah, she wasn't taking any chances. She wasn't so sure why she shared this with him, now.

It wasn't just about making him feel better about sharing, anymore.

What was it about, then? Laurel couldn't quite pinpoint it herself, but she felt her cheeks flush and felt like an idiot for sharing such personal information without prompt. Laurel looked away, embarrassed (a usually unknown feeling to her).
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 11, 2021, 04:05 AM