Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Even Laurel herself did not truly know why she asked Mahler to accompany her. She did fear him, dreadfully so, but she also felt that she needed to find someone whom she could trust as her leader. In Easthollow, she had feared Greyback more than anything and it had turned into a beast, a demon that manifested itself at every pack meeting and every time she dared even take a walk in the territory. She needed to be free, and she needed to free herself from her demons.

Even though you know I'll never leave you alone, dearest. Don't worry, when he chews you up and spits you out I will be there for you to remind you what a lovely little snack you must have been. Laurel shivered visibly as these poisonous whispers in her mind were paired with Mahler's 'yes'.

When, he asked. Laurel was unsure, but perhaps now that she was in such a mood, it would be a good idea to go soon. Now? No, she needed a bit more time to grow comfortable in Rivenwood's ranks first. Perhaps she'd be better able to contain her fear then. Soon, she answered in the end. Perhaps a few weeks? I'd like to settle into Rivenwood a bit before going to travel again.

can I make a Larksong Grotto thread set for present times and tag you there? :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 25, 2021, 09:31 AM