Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It was left up to her, and that was comforting somehow. Laurel looked at the lake for some time. She still did not feel entirely comfortable. Perhaps she should've asked one of the women to accompany her to the Grotto instead. Now it was too late though; to retract her question would be a potential offense, and potential offenses to a man's face... Well, you would not want to burn your pretty paws on those, do you now, dearest?

His single word — look — caught Laurel from thoughts of this and she looked up at the hawks as they plunged down, only to catch themselves just before they would reach the water.

Laurel herself had never found much beauty in nature, so it was strange to see this phenomenon through the eyes of one who did enjoy it. She had found beauty in many things — having fun with or at the cost of others, manipulation, her love for her sister — but never very much in nature. It seemed that he was very much the opposite. Or perhaps it was an acquired taste. Could she learn to see the beauty in these things? And moreover, would she be forced to, living in Rivenwood under this man's watch?

Beautiful, she said, though she could not still the nervous tremble in her voice.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Laurel - March 31, 2021, 03:13 AM