Hideaway Strath Everything waiting, shakin' as it drops
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Private 
spar thread for @Kynareth Deagon
set for before the babies were born

She was restless. Being pregnant meant that she had to cut back on doing her normal things a little, and that left her with unspent energy that liked to turn into anxiety at night when she tried to sleep, just as it had done tonight. She had tossed and turned in the den, adjusting more than normal due to her round belly. 

Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. Sleep was useless. She looked over at her husband as he seeming slept soundly next to her. She hated to wake him if she hadn't already, but she knew only he could help her dispel some of her anxious energy. They had always had fun sparring, and that was what she wanted to do now.

She nosed his neck gently, pushing through his thick fur and nudging him. Hopefully he wouldn't be upset at her interrupting his rest so late at night.
Inuttuk
Common
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The beautiful night light shone softly into their den and Kyn did indeed sleep soundly. He’s a heavy sleeper; Simmik’s constant shifting hardly did much to stir him from his slumber. That is until he’s being nudged awake by his beautiful wife in white. 

He’s lifting his heavy head and blinking the sleep from his eyes. Peering over to her, he nuzzled back against her. “What’s wrong, darling?” He asks softly back.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
The sleepy look on his face made her feel incredibly guilty for waking him. She nuzzled him back, reaching up to nibble on his jaw. I can't sleep, she told him, irritation in her voice. I've been trying for hours but I'm too restless. She nibbled him once more before lifting up from the ground. 

Stretching slowly in front of him, she waved her tail slightly against her hocks. Would you spar with me? she asked sweetly. I think it would help. Maybe after working off some energy, they could snuggle back inside their den and she could finally fall asleep.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn listens to her voice along with the easy background noise of the wilderness. He feels for her when she mentions being restless and immediately he wants to help. Thankfully for him, she’s mentioning a spar and he smiles at her. She sounds so sweet too, trying to butter him up for waking him up. He quickly decides he doesn’t mind one bit. 

So he sits up and stretches just like her and shakes himself from the sleep just barely clinging to him. He’s already trotting outside of the den and shooting her a mischievous smirk. 

“Your wish is my command, my love.” He purrs back to her. “I’ll be gentle.” He says more seriously then — for obvious reasons. Then he’s readying his stance and nods his head up to her with a smirk. “You first.” He offers her the first strike, moving into a defensive position and widening his stance.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Thankfully, he didn't seem to mind, and he walked out of the den, giving her sweet words and telling her he would be gentle. She let her gaze roam over him, appreciating his muscles and how handsome he always his. Then she followed him out and turned to face him, her tail raising in excitement. As usual, he let her go first. It never really gave her any advantage, but she always took it when he offered. 

She circled him slowly before suddenly dashing towards him when she was facing his side. Her plan was to jump on his back and grab his scruff. Maybe she could gain some kind of advantage this way; she had never tried before.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn likes the way he can see her puff up with excitement. The raising of her tail and the cute glint she gets in her eyes. It makes him fall madly in love with her, as if he already wasn’t. Still, his point still stands.

Then she moving towards him. He’s slow right now, just waking up and not fast enough to get his dodge in before she’s grabbing onto his back. Her teeth bite at his scruff and he dares to say, he feels his nether regions stir inappropriately. He can’t help it, the last time he got pulled like that Derg was behind him and doing unspeakable acts. A memory he wants to laugh about; he’s sure Simmik would love to hear about that. He’s sure she’d at least find it entertaining. 

“Oh,” He purrs. “Keep doing that.” He chuckles against her.

Still, not only is he slow, tired, now distracted, but his pregnant wife is beating his ass. He needs to gently pick up the slack. Yet, he’s terrified to hurt her, so he might just take it easy and let her win, but exert her enough to make her tired enough to sleep. 

So, he’s bucking in her grasp like a wild bull. Shaking his head until he’s teaching back and curling in on himself to try his luck to bite at one of her closest hind legs.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She rolled her eyes at his playful words, wanting to retort that he wasn't supposed to like it, but her mouth was currently full of his scruff. 

He started bucking though, and she had to try her hardest to stay where she was and maintain her grip. But one too many bucks had her jaws slipping and her halfway falling to the side. It was then that he grabbed her front leg and pulled gently. It was enough force to pull her down to the ground beside him. She laughed despite the fact that he had thwarted her own attempt to get him down. So you like it when I'm on top, huh? she asked as she lithely jumped up from the ground and turned herself to face him. 

She looked him over again, her suggestive gaze raking over his form. She leaped forward playfully then and snapped her jaws at his throat, and then his shoulder, and again at the side of his neck, her movements quick. She wanted to clamp down harder on something but she waited for the perfect moment—for him to be distracted enough that she could thrust herself forward and grab hold of his neck while she attempted to push him to the ground.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Finally his attempt to buck her off works and he actually worries a bit when she’s falling to the ground. His eyes flicking over to her with just a smidge of worry in them. Yet, she seems right as rain as she’s easily jumping to her feet with a sly smile on her face. He meets her with his own and he raises his brows at her suggestive words playfully. 

Oh, yes. He’s love it if she were on top. He may or may not have a thing for low key being dominated. Even though he likes doing the dominating, it’s fun to twist it around every once in a while. So he gives her a face that says ‘oh, you know it’ before he’s preparing for her next hit.

She’s pouncing at him and snapping at his body quickly. He’s impressed. It’s been some time since they’ve spared and he misses it. Yet, while he’s reminiscing on the good ol’ days when their relationship was innocent and she had no idea he was a monster, he’s blindsided. She’s taking him to the ground easily. Damn, he needs to get his head in the game. 

So he does the same back. Snapping up at her fluffy neck and giving it a light enough shake to do no damage, but enough to let her know he means business.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She had missed the worry in his eyes once she had been on the ground, but if she had seen it, she would have ensured him that she was fine. Hopefully the fact that she was quickly back in the game would soothe his worry. 

What she didn't miss was the suggestive look he gave in response to her own suggestive question. It made her laugh, but that didn't distract her from her task. 

Her quick attacks and waiting for him to get distracted again actually worked, and she was able to clamp on to his fur and take him to the ground. She didn't waste any time taking her place atop him. She met his jaws with her own but he still managed to get a hold of her neck. He gave a few shakes and she froze only for a split second before snapping her own teeth at him in an attempt to get him to let go.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn loves the way she laughs as he makes that face at her. His eyes are bright despite just being woken up a few minutes ago and he’s horribly awake now. Or maybe that’s just what Simmik’s presence does to him. 

Yet while they’re grappling at one another on the ground Kyn has to stop himself from smiling. He has a perfect plan. So as he shakes her about she moves to bite back at him. Time to initiate the plan. While their movements are blurry and everything is just a flurry of teeth, Kyn fakes a high pitched whine and squints one of his eyes shut to make her think she poked it a little too hard. Usually Simmik is the one feigning distractions to get the upper hand in their spars, but now he has to have his turn. 

Surely she’d be concerned and the second she was a devilish smirk shows his teeth and he’s flipping her around while his teeth grip her neck gently. He’s quick to release her and he can’t help but wiggle his brows at her in triumph.

“That was a good distraction, huh babe.” He chuckles down to her with a lick to her face. No doubt she’d be pissed for feigning an injury at the expense of winning a spar.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
They battled back and forth for a few minutes, each attempting to clamp their jaws down on the other. But her mate's yelp had her freezing and looking down at him worriedly. Are you okay? she asked. She must have gotten too rough and nipped at something sensitive on his face. But she had no time to inspect him for injury—she was suddenly being pulled down and then he was on top again, looking down at her and clearly pleased with himself.

She glared at him. That was dirty, she told him. She pushed her paws against his chest. I thought I hurt you. She turned her head and and looked away, kind of miffed that he had played her like that. She had actually thought she hurt him, and had felt bad about it only to find out he was using it as a way to distract her. She huffed and continued to keep her head turned, refusing to look at him.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
She played perfectly into his plan and no that she’s underneath him, refusing to make eye contact he feels a bit bad. He’s making a soft pouting sound and lies down beside her so he doesn’t squish his developing pups. He sits up on an elbow and rests his other paw over to and tries his damnedest to pull her against him. While also moving his hind leg over her lower body as well.

“Simmiiiick.” He pouts back deeply with the slightest of smiles. “Don’t be mad, darling. I’m not a pup, if I actually got hurt I would’ve yelled and not whimpered.” He tries to reason, even though his reasoning is absolutely dog shit. “Come on, you know it was a good distraction. So good, I bet you’re gonna use it on me now.” He smiles harder, nudging her annoyingly and trying to lighten up the mood. “I love yooouu.” He sings while nudging his large head against her her own humorously.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She felt his weight disappear and then settle beside her, yet she still refused to look at him. She did, however, allow herself to be pulled close to him. He told her that he wasn't a pup, and that he wouldn't have whimpered if he had been hurt, but that didn't lessen her irritation with him.

She peeked at him from the corner of her eye as he continued. Now I will, she told him. Just to give him a taste of his own medicine. He nudged her and told her he loved her, softening her anger some. She scooted even closer and nuzzled her head under his chin. Then she reached out and pushed his chest with her paw. You're mean, but I love you too. She wasn't really all that angry with him anyway, and he had agreed to spar with her after being woken up in the middle if the night. You're lucky I think you're cute, she added, nuzzling closer.
Inuttuk
Common
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn loves that she plays mad at him, or maybe she isn’t playing. Either way he likes it, but what he likes even more is the fact that she lets him pull her closer and tells him that she’d definitely use the trick on him later. Still, when she’s telling him he’s mean but she loves him he can’t help the adoration that fills his golden orbs. He chuckles softly and nuzzles against her.

“Oh, I’m the worst aren’t I?” He hums with a pinch of humor in his voice. Then a cocky, “I know you love me.”

Then he’s moving up from her, towering over the pale shewolf he lowers his head and laps at her face. “Are you tired now? Maybe we could cuddle in the den and see if you can fall asleep again.” He suggests softly; still tired afterall.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
And I know you love me, she countered, nipping at his chin. He had proven his love many times over, and she loved it. 

She watched him get up and leaned into his affection, nodding as he asked if she was tired. I would love to, she told him, lifting up from the ground. She rubbed against him and nuzzled into his neck once more before trotting into the den with the hope that sleep wouldn't evade her anymore tonight.
Inuttuk
Common