Noctisardor Bypass i don't stand out all night in empty fields
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
Trade 
Trade thread for mercenary — looking for a good natured spar. All welcome!

It was early that morning when he found himself with little to do. The sun had broke the crest of the earth and painted the sky in its warm colors. Soon it would shine its light across everything. Something he would likely sleep for.

Before he slumbered though, he wished for a tussle. Something to exhaust him so he could sleep well for his next night watch. It would be a short call without any concern in his voice.

An open invitation for anyone who wished to test their muscle with him.
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel won't spar with him probably, but this thread looked lonely. Maybe they can talk about fighting or such so it could still count as a trade thread? :)

Laurel just so happened to be nearby when the call sounded. So nearby that she felt compelled to head the call; would it not be perceived as rude if this man could pick up her scent, but she moved away rather than towards him? Laurel hesitated for a moment before eventually she made her way towards him. When he came into view she felt a tremble in her jaw. Clearly a warrior, scars and all.

Silently she approached, not a warrior at first sight but who knew? She watched him, feeling fear wash over her, but she couldn't leave now. Hi, Laurel greeted, the word quiet and solemn. Not a warrior, sorry. Laurel looked down at her paws as she said the 'sorry', hoping that he was of the rarer, forgiving kind of man. I miss your fire, dearest, Iliksis' voice hissed into her ear, but she just kept looking down while she wished she'd never followed the man's howl.
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
Sounds perfect! :D

There was a boyish eagerness in his chest when someone approached. Half a mind to barrel them over, gain the upper hand before they knew what hit them.

Except she spoke. Meek and mild. A greeting and apology for the lack of her fighter status.

His eagerness deflated and any brutish manners were dropped for something a bit proper. She was a woman. He would not be a wolverine of a man in front of her.

It's okay. He assured her with a small shrug. Have you met many of them?
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
There was something about his energy that made her fearful. Something about him, the way he looked at her initially, that made her feel like prey. However, when she spoke he seemed to deflate, as though he realised that she was no threat. I miss your fire, dearest, he repeated between her own ears, but it was probably for the best that you did it. You are so... disarming. Laurel licked her lips thoughtfully while she tried to push out Iliksis and she decided to focus on the present instead.

For now she felt a little safer, and Laurel glanced at him as he asked if she knew many warriors. As a matter of fact, Laurel knew many who were sort of warriors, in her eyes; Xan, whose defenses she had melted so easily. Mahler, who had once been a great warrior it seemed, but now he was getting older and wanted different things from his life.

Iliksis... Was I a warrior? You didn't even stop to ask, did you now, dearest? So rude and thoughtless. Laurel licked her lips again, her eyes nervously flitting from her paws to the man's scarred face. He was handsome in his own brutish way; a realisation that Laurel hated through her fear for him. I have met a few. Maybe one of them will show up. Laurel looked over her shoulder, as if someone might right that instant, but nobody did. She glanced back to him and introduced softly, with a trembling edge to her words: I'm Laurel.
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
Nobody but them.

Ephemeris. He returned. Almost thoughtful, as if he really had to consider his name. Except that was not what he considered. It was his next words. Ones that he picked carefully. Still trying to learn how to speak around women. Especially those he now had to live with.

You are good company, Laurel. I do not need warriors that badly. A slight shake to his head. It would have been nice but he did not feel the need to demand such company. Perhaps I can...tell you of warrior ways?

Would she grow bored if he did?
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
His name was a mouthful, and in the past Laurel might've scoffed at that and decided to change it into something that suited herself better. Now, though, she merely smiled and tried to remember the name, repeating it over and over in her head.

Laurel swallowed thickly as Ephemeris said that she was 'good company'. You know what that means, dearest, whispered Iliksis' poisonous voice into her ears. There was a slight pause in which Laurel felt her stomach turn, but then he said that he could perhaps tell her about the warrior way instead. Relief washed over her as she realised that maybe he was just clumsy with words, and did not intend anything. Laurel nodded swiftly and said, Yes, please, go ahead. The words came out clumsy and uncomfortable, but she smiled as she looked at him. It was clear from her expression that she was not comfortable, but she stayed, for now.
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
Mahler has brought me to be a night watchman. He started with as he reclined into a seated position. Which means when everyone is tucked away, I stand guard on the borders — or wherever needed. Sometimes he did a lurking round inland before he slipped back out towards the border.

I make sure no one gets in unless we want them. Some boyish pride to his words for such a position.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel listened as the man started to explain that Mahler had taken him in specifically to be a guardian of sorts. This surprised Laurel, because she thought Mahler wanted the quiet life, but it seemed he wanted to be prepared, nonetheless. A move both smart and worrying in some way. Ephemeris seemed proud of his role here. He was young, he didn't understand all the pain that violence caused. He reminded Laurel a bit of one of Valette's last boys, though his name escaped her. Young and foolish.

Yet on the surface she remained friendly and smiled. Well, it'll be good to know that this place is safer for having someone like you to protect us. She glanced over his face briefly before asking, a little hesitant, Have you fought much?