Neverwinter Forest patience is power
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
Private 
@Nyra Just something short to pass the time until the thread with Moonglow continues and allow the pair a chance to get to know each other better. :3 Set during the time Nyra and Xynos spend traveling to find the village.

The venture passed slowly.

An urge to move quickly tugged at every limb, but Xynos knew, for Nyra's sake, they could only bear to move at a certain pace.

Silence was kept firm... for good reason, perhaps. Though, despite what uncertainty he held, there was a portion of sympathy for the former Grandmaster. In the time he had been a Saint, Nyra had proved herself to be a fair leader. Xynos respected her for this. To now think of her as something far different was strange. It was as if he wished to deny reality, no matter how much he knew what was true.

Every so often, the man shifted his snout, casting a glance in her direction. Would she speak at all, or remain solemn? It would be a lie to say he didn't care to hear her voice; to learn more of the woman aside from her recent and past faults. There was no doubt in mind as to what heart she carried. That was what he wished to spend his time thinking of... not her betrayal.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The journey was slow. 
She too wished to move faster, but with the injuries she bore, it wasn't possible. 
Not now.

Silence indeed was a constant, and most of it was her just trying to keep moving alongside her counterpart. 
Willing and forcing her body to move onward.

Entering the forest between Moonglow and Ursus, Nyra eventually let out a sigh and began to murmur.

"I wasn't always a leader. Such is the case for most, I suppose..." 
Nyra kept going with heavy, limp-like steps.
"There are things I have done...with bloodthirst and thrill. As has been splayed before you, it's not exactly the gateway to a life without conflict." 
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
Silence was broken. Finally.
New words came like a drill through his ears.

Xynos considered keeping quiet and letting what she'd said go to waste, flowing meaninglessly by through the air like a leaf. Emotions got the better of him.

I am no fool, Nyra. I know what outcomes are likely when it comes to leading. Betrayal is not one of them. His words came cold, head leveled between his shoulders. He didn't look back again after that, focusing solely on the direction he moved.

Anger, spite, pity, disdain. Too many thoughts and emotions to count. He was confused and conflicted. How else was he supposed to act? Sure, he was pleased she was still alive, but that didn't necessarily mean he would be forced to act amiable.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His coldness was no surprise to Nyra.
Slanting her ears back half-way, the fallen queen spoke again.

"It was a lost cause to stay and fight them all. And it felt like there wasn't enough time in the moment to gather a good plan of action. I...panicked." She explained, guilt lacing her tone.
"I know it may have felt like i was abandoning you and War, but...I had hoped you both would scatter and love to see another day." 

"I have no room here to ask for forgiveness. So I will not request it." Nyra sighed softly, glancing only once at Xynos before her gaze fell forward again.
Health (100/100)
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
If honest, he was only half attentive to her words. 

Few were heard, consisting of: panic and forgiveness. 

Xynos didn't want to feel pity, but he still did. Guilty too.

It isn't much my place to be so harsh. You've been through enough for one day. Right now you just need to focus on getting your health in order. The rest will fall in place when it's the right time.

This was all he could bear to say. He was worried to continue, fearful that further words would lead him to some form of outburst. Like he'd said to her, that was far from what she really needed.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
very short post from me

Nyra listened to his response.
With some soft noise of acknowledgement, the fallen queen nodded once and continued her slow stride at the shadow's flank.

She said nothing else.
Health (100/100)
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
If you feel it suites, I would say this is as good a place as any to fade and assume the previous thread would follow after this one.