Ravensblood Forest Love Goes On And On
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Birth 
All welcome, but let the pups and Noir post first, please! <3 Setting - very early morning, like 3 AM. Permission to PP Noir has been given!

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: gore, death/loss of a child, mention of non-consensual breeding

It had been a close call; Lorelai's water had broken just as they'd crossed the borders of Sacrarium. Weather had made travel difficult, and the Mystic had simply left Sapphique too late. With Noir's help, Lorelai made it all the way to the sunrock, before she could move no more. She was bearing down, her breath coming in ragged gasps - Noir hurriedly began digging a temporary den at the base of one of the trees surrounding the clearing, and Lorelai was ushered into it. Noir gave a quick howl to alert the pack of Lorelai's labor, then she stood guard at the entrance to the den.

Inside the den, Lorelai was struggling; the pain was building, and she was struggling to remember what Erzulie had said. "It's like... the waves... of the sea," she gasped between breaths, whimpering as tears began to prick at her eyes. "A start..." That was just after her water had broken - she'd felt a sudden tugging deep within her womb as her contractions had begun. "A peak," she sobbed, claws tearing into the soil. This had to be the peak - it was horrendous, even worse than when Vorilye had taken her innocence. She finally had memories of that night - they replayed through her mind as she let out a scream, and she felt something pass from her nether region. With a great effort, Lorelai pulled herself from this memory, and she moved to look to her firstborn.

She was perfect, a tiny thing colored in creams. Lorelai cleaned her of blood, cruor, and other nasty bits, then brought her close to her breast. "An end..." the new mother murmured, kissing her first daughter softly. "You're Lynette..." It was only then that she realized... she smelled... off. Lorelai swallowed, then nudged her gently with her nose. There was no reaction - no whimper nor whine, no movement... It didn't try to nurse. "N-no," Lorelai whined. "No!" She had no time to mourn, however, as more contracts began. Her face tear-stained, expression broken, she went through the process once more. This time, however, there was good news - this whelp had survived. It was another female. She was also cream-furred, but she had darker, sandy unders and cheeks; it bled down her legs and right down to her toes. Her face and down her back and sides bore brown timber markings rather than the usual black. "Lenora," Lorelai breathed, kissing her second daughter and cleaning her as well. The whelp wriggled and squirmed, but Lorelai could not let her nurse yet - a third was coming.

This final time seemed to hurt less, or perhaps Lorelai had just got used to the pain. "Hmm..." She pondered over what to name this one, but after a few moments, she decided, "Lennox. Welcome to the family, babies... Welcome home..." Lennox was cream as well, which was unsurprising given both of her parents had been cream. She had subtle browns in her pelt, and what looked like white flecking - definitely another beauty. Lorelai was exhausted. Once Lennox was cleaned, both babes were moved to her breast, where they began to suckle ravenously. She called to Noir.

"Can... can you keep a secret?" When her words were given the affirmative, Lorelai told her quietly, "One of them... S-she didn't make it. I don't want anyone to know... Could you bury her?"
Physical Health (100/100)

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai is current dealing with the loss of her family.

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
"Regular speech." | "Voice of the dead." | Visions of the dead.
47 Posts
Ooc — The System
Permission to PP Lorelai has been given.

The girl's heart ached for Lorelai. Turning to face the den, she responded gently, "Yes, Madam, of course. May I enter? You should not move... you need rest." When permission was granted, the Servant girl entered slowly. The den was full of the scents of birth and milk, and thankfully not death. She hesitated as Lorelai gently placed the stillborn whelp before her. "Madam - I... I must inform you..." Her voice fell into a low murmur, her words stoic but her expression surprisingly gentle, "Cruor tradition - no, Cruor nature... is to be found in three's. You see - our Vicera is but one of three living siblings - and their father and his siblings were the same. The rest... well, you wouldn't want to know what happened to them." There was no need to scare the mother. She sighed, then finished softly, "They will know." Not just Violante, but all of the Cruors, should they find out. Violante had told the Servant in private that she suspected her sister would arrive soon - it was exactly what she would do. They were safe for now; if the pups could be kept secret, perhaps... Noir met Lorelai's somber, sorrowful gaze, and she sighed again. "Never mind that for now, Madam. My Mistress will say nothing to the rest, I am certain. Your secrets are safe here." 

Noir took the dead whelp within her jaws, carefully, and she bowed heavily before leaving. She would not wander too far - just north of the sunrock. She dug a shallow grave, placed the whelp gently within, and murmured gently, "May this innocent soul find peace, in the afterlife." Noir did not believe in Gods, but she did believe that Spirits had something, once they parted from the physical realm. She returned to guard the den, her expression once more impassive.

Mental Health (100/100)

45 Posts
Ooc — The System
The girl would never remember her birth, being blind, deaf, and incapable of almost everything. She was the first to reach her mother's teats, and she suckled ravenously, making soft cries and other cute sounds as she kneaded her mother's belly. Lenora drank until she could drink no more, and then she lay close to her sister and mother, snuggling closely into them and their warmth, before drifting into an easy, peaceful sleep.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Butter is good with skipping Lennox for now! @Erzulie please let Avery post first <3 Permission to PP Lorelai was given.

Violante heard the call - she'd been expecting it, any day now. She had been worried already, as the two were late, so as soon as she heard it, she was racing out of the caverns with Avery streaking along beside her. Despite how pregnant she was, she had no fear; her children would be strong. She found Noir guarding the den entrance, and the Vicera called softly, "Lorelai. It's Violante. May I enter?" Permission was soon granted by an exhausted Lorelai, and Noir bowed deeply to Violante, stepping aside. A swift murmur from the Servant girl was given. "Mistress - Madam Erzulie was travelling behind us; Lorelai has expressed wanting the seawoman here. From what I have been told, she has grown quite close to Erzulie."

Violante nodded, then murmured, "Call for Erzulie." Noir bowed once more, then gave a soft call for the Sapphique woman, as Violante entered the den. Her eyes grew accustomed to the darkness, and she smiled warmly. "Congratulations. If you're up for it in the morning, we'll move you all to your den in the caverns - I prepared a bed of hare pelts for you." She had done the same for herself, but she wasn't important right now. Violante pressed her muzzle to Lorelai's forehead, then murmured, "We are all family. Our children will grow together. This is a happy day." The Vicera bowed her head, then inquired softly, "I'll leave you be now. Erzulie should be coming - shall I send her in?" Lorelai merely nodded, closing her heavy, tired eyes. She did not yet sleep, however. Violante left the den, telling Avery, "You might be able to go in after Erzulie." This, she said through pursed lips, and then, a bite of annoyance coloring her tone, "Luka should be here."

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sinking to the ground as near to makeshift den as he dare, Avery waited patiently. It was only seconds before Noir gave a soft call, presumably calling for someone important.

His turn could soon come to see the innocent lives that he would soon come to love and protect as his own family. 
He couldn't help but quirk back at Violante's remark in regards to Luka's whereabouts with, "You know, I've said that same thing before a few months back."
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
she should have brought the girl back sooner.
lorelai moved ahead. erzulie expected that her family would tend her from here and so she did not press to the borders, nor after the young woman. 
hours shifted. erzulie lingered close upon the edge of sacrarium, though not so near that she would disturb the delicate tension of birth. her own body felt responsive to it all, but this time it was far easier for the obsidian to focus on another woman than it was herself.
eventually she was called.
erzulie was respectful as she walked along them, recognizing some faces but not all of them. her attention was for lorelai, however. when the seawife was admitted to the den she smiled broadly to see the new young mother with two babes tucked at her side. "well done," erzulie murmured, ears shifting forward. "are dey nursin' well?"
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai was exhausted. She was happy to see Erzulie, and her eyes shone with pride as the seawoman entered the birthing den. "Nursing very well." she answered softly. Then, even quieter so only Erzulie could hear her, she whispered sadly, "I... I lost one. Noir buried her for me. I don't want anyone else to know, but..." she fell silent, trusting Erzulie to understand. She wasn't seeking pity, but Erzulie had trained her for this day, and it seemed only fair to tell her the whole truth about the process. Lorelai knew that death was a part of life, but she was still saddened. She gave a soft sigh. "Can I sleep now?" she asked Erzulie, cerulean eyes wide - she feared something might happen to them if she were to sleep, so she sought affirmation.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
not sure if i was supposed to reply or wait, this can be my last post <3

"yes. rest." erzulie leant forward on a whim to brush the strained face of the young mother. "you have been t'rough a lot. i will wait for some hours outside."
she would remain as long as lorelai slept, though the obsidian could not stay as long as she wished. she must return home to her own trials, which her body felt were soon beginning.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
I'm ending it here all, tysm <3

Lorelai was beyond tired; her eyes closed drowsily as Erzulie reached out, gently brushing her face. 'She's a real mother,' Lorelai thought, swiftly slipping into unconsciousness. Her last thoughts were that she hoped she could be half as good as Erzulie - and that her children were healthy, mentally and physically. The new mother didn't know it yet, but Lenora would soon be plagued by the same visions her mother experienced.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)