The Tangle She says the joys of life are lost among the living
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Her spirit begged her to frisk away and simply have him follow- and while his expression initially cued her to believe he was eager to see her homelands, there was something that held him back. There was a slight pause, which caused her to tilt her head. 

She knew an admission when she saw one coming, and despite her rationale, she assumed something dreadful. Her immediate assumption was that he felt regret. 

His assurance fell somewhat flat, and she watched his features carefully, somewhat guarded now that she had reason to be suspicious. Her heart beat faster, harder inside her chest. Telling her that he cared for her was probably a simple band-aid to try and stop the wound he would tear a moment later. 

I have a packmate-

Her heart dropped like a stone, and her gaze fell, immediately. A moment later, she looked up in confusion. The same, but different? She didn’t understand what that was supposed to mean. It bothered her to know he had feelings for someone else, regardless of their gender.  Apparently, he had spoken with his beau of her, which made her feel unsettled. She assured herself not to take it personally; they lived in the same pack, the other one had likely been told first just because they lived together. 

She felt deeply troubled, and couldn’t stop her lip from quivering as she tried to process everything. Such a sudden drop in expectations had completely blindsided her. 

She’d not intended to catch feelings when she went out looking for a sire for her children. They would be hers, first. And then they would also belong to Sapphique. She hadn’t been prepared to fall so head over heels…

She turned away for a moment, and shook her head. Unwillingly, she heaved a sigh, though her breath shook. ”I…I do n-not kn-now. ‘Ow to f-f…feel ab…ab…hout…nnn…nnn. Dis.” Her melody was disjunct, and broken with hesitation. She felt a pang of anxiety hit her when she spoke. She couldn’t manage her stutter so well when she was this overwhelmed. She sat down, in an attempt to shake some of her light-headed feelings. 

”Ch-ch….chui….Sorry,” She managed to blurt. Part of her wanted to rush off, but her paws felt as though they weighed a tonne. ”Wh-wh….You w-w…..Infidèle, to ‘im, wid me.” Perhaps she should have asked, but perhaps he also should have told her. She wasn’t sure who was supposed to be responsible for those sorts of things.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.