Hideaway Strath Where my past can't run me down
49 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
All Welcome 
Thread is vaguely backdated to whatever date makes sense for Sakari to return with news of the pups from Blackwater.

The moment she hit the Cedar Sweep, Sakari sent up her urgent summons for @Fury

The children are located. It was news that would be imparted without delay.

Sakari weaved through the fir trees, sides heaving with the effort of maintaining her speed. Her citrine gaze remained fixed on the path ahead, and the evergreens woods swiftly faded to the sparser foliage of the Strath's borderlands. 

Spying the ivory bulk of the Warchief's form, the messenger slowed. 

"Fury," Sakari said breathlessly. She gave a quick, respectful dip of her muzzle, before continuing.  "They're alive, with Blackwater." 

Join in Sakari's hot girl summer!
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury had heard the call from the mouth of the valley, sprinting with all her being to get to Sakari through the thickness of the trees.
Upon them finding each other, the Warchief 's tail wagged with relief.

"They're alive. Oh thank the Gods." She hadn't prayed a thanks to her old gods in a long time, but it felt necessary now. To give Them thanks after she'd pushed Them away and out for years. She wouldn't give details on her own about it though.
"Why aren't they with you...?" She asked, confused, and obviously unaware of the happenings between her sons' disappearances and now. 

A sigh, and an assumption. 
"I'm guessing you were sent back with a message?" Not that she knew for sure, but it seemed like something The Listener might do, given her mysteriousness and all.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
49 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Why weren't they with her? 

Sakari breathed in deeply, searching for the best way to spin it. To tell the truth, even if the Listener had been willing to release the pups, Sakari wouldn't have taken them. Like hell she was going to assume sole responsibility for children who had such a talent for getting themselves into trouble. 

Fury filled in the blanks for herself, which relieved Sakari. 

"Panacea is ill, but recovering. He should be able to travel soon. Blackwater did request to foster the pups for several more moons though. They intend to begin working with them on trades." Sakari did not know Fury well enough to know if she would go for this. However, she did know enough to feel confident that Fury would not shoot the messenger, even if it was not a proposal that pleased her.

This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury hmmed in thought as Sakari confirmed her assumptions.
They were with Blackwater, but Panacea was ill, and the Druids wanted to keep her sons for trades for a few more months...

The Warchief sighed softly.
"I will allow the Druids to keep them for a while longer. Especially where Panacea is ill." She decided. As much as she wanted to see her boys again, this felt like their best option in her eyes. 
After all, the Saints themselves had no medic so far...
The warqueen would look then to Sakari "Thank you. Feel free to rest and eat for the evening once we return home." 
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
49 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Sakari nodded. She would make sure to rest and eat-- she wouldn't be good for much else, after her sprint from Blackwater. 

She was too tired to really contemplate the way her commitment had solidified throughout the course of the mission. When she had begun, the assignment had been little more than an excuse to leave the confines of the Strath behind. Now here she was, busting her ass to make sure that Fury didn't have to fret over her children for a single moment longer than necessary. 

The pair would return to the Strath in time, where they would pass on the news to Arashi.