Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Reyson looked towards the clear sky. The weight of the oppressive heat upon hi shoulders and yet a gentle breeze that blew across him, helped to alleviate some of the humidity that struck and clung to him. Ice blue eyes skimmed the area. There was no one out and about, it was quiet and for that he was grateful. Not that he would have minded company, but some of what Maxim had said, still clung to him like a burr.

It was with this thought in mind, that he loped on large paws towards the borders. Perhaps, duty would be best. This would help him clear his mind and still do something useful. He slowly walked along the forest line, paws scratching at the dirt. He lifted a leg to remark some of the borders.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he saw the form of reyson, moving along the border at an easy lope. maxim saw this as an opportunity to join the man in patrol.

silently he would fall into line with the older soldier. also promptly marking near the base of a tree that had seen plenty of use. he would not seek to speak first this time. only offering his presence for now. he would see if it was welcomed or not.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson tilted a notched ear towards the footsteps of Maxim. He offered a tilt of his lips.

Hello Maxim. A deep rumble curled the silence. How are your little ones?

Just because he had no interest in pups didn't mean that other's were not thrilled with little's. And he wouldn't completely write them off just yet. He just wasn't sure if that was in the cards for him.

He found friendship, bonds in the young males presence. He liked him better than most.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
his tail briefly swayed, a soft smile for the thoughtful question. he did rather appreciate the questions about his fatherhood or his children.

they are well. always moving and hungry! he beamed with this shared knowledge. i do hope they might meet the other soldiers soon.

he briefly rubbed himself along a nearby tree, allowing himself to both soothe an itch and place his scent along the bark.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson found out he was right in asking. He had done the polite thing, and it had panned out. Though, even that thought process felt cold and harsh. He wanted to know about Maxim's children, because he liked Maxim, and Maxim was happy as a father.

If they are always hungry they will grow large and be good Soldiers if that is the path they choose to take. Not everyone wanted to be a soldier, some like himself never had a choice, but here it felt like they did, or would.

I am not a fan of little ones. Too small, but I will endeavor to meet yours Maxim. It was all he could offer. He didn't like children, or more so they made him nervous. He was so large, and they so tiny.

Reyson scratched an itch and then lifted a leg to mark their territory. Our young ones were always tested at the borders first. And then when they proved they could guard the borders for a rotation of days they were then inducted into a group. Mine were some of the best warriors.

Reyson decided to share a brief insight to his life.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he understood the worries, truly. when they had been much smaller and frail still, he had many panics. often times concerned he might roll onto them! or love them too much! he quickly learned they were more resilient than they let on.

but here was a better tidbit to discuss. a glimpse into the life reyson lived before mereo.

yours? he would not press if the man did not answer.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
So danni is going by the seat of her pants with this one. So unsure where it will go heh.

Reyson wasn't certain if he would ever get over his fear of babies. And it was indeed a fear. One of the only he had. There was just something about them, that changed everything and made him worry. Not to mention he didn't think he was really the fatherly type.

Reyson nodded his head. Mine. He sighed, his brow wrinkled. But they were not mine. I had inklings that they were, but I never asked and the females never said. You must remember.

Reyson stopped moving to speak, his mind going backward in time. There were not many mates in the barracks. We were soldiers first and foremost. If a female wasn't mated, and she decided she wanted pups. She would choose among the ranks the strongest of fighters. And we would help her along when in heat. So there was always many pups with many different fathers, but they belonged to the pack. Not their mothers or their fathers. Simply the pack. And we had nothing to do with them until they were ready to be trained. We dropped food at the dens, and made sure they were healthy, but then we moved back into our positions. But there were some that were clearly mine. One such was Amity.

His mind went to the pale golden wolf, that had been under his command. One of the best wolves on defense he had ever had the pleasure of knowing. He had paw picked her and her mate Rook to serve under him. Renaud had been pleased. His heart tightened at the thought of Renaud, and Amity and Rook yet again. And he had to blink quickly and shake his head. Dispelling the thoughts as they flittered.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
i LOVE it :D

while reyson paused to speak, maxim tended to the borders heavily in their current spot. hiked a leg against a stone, brushed against a tree and offered markings on another. despite his duty still remaining to tend to the borders, he was also offering an ear to reyson's words.

what an interesting life he spoke of.

maxim imagined that was the sort of thing germanicus sought to avoid with no pups till marriage. a head full of wonders after a woman went through the barracks. he found himself suddenly grateful that he did not need to wonder. jack snipe and leona were his as much as towhee's.

loosening some fur against rough bark, he raised a brow.

amity? questioned as he noticed how reyson seemed to flick his head. if it is too much...

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I'm glad <3

Reyson moved into action. Making his own mark on the borders. They were here to do a job. And he'd do it. His own emotions a thing behind.

Most of us knew which ones were ours. And usually the femmes would only choose one soldier to spend their time with. But the pups belonged to the pack despite their parentage.

Reyson smiled at the wolf and shifted. Moving forward to continue their foray.

Amity would be almost 2. She was a very good defensive fighter. Her mate was Rook. I handchose them and Amity was my daughter. Clear in the color of her pelt and her size and my eyes. She died next to me, one of the last. She refused to leave me. And rook refused to leave her.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
it was grim and dark and horrible.

his daughter, and his daughter's mate, had died next to him. he truly could not wrap his mind around it and would, truthfully, prefer not to. imaging leona? jack snipe? a soft prickle of nerves down his spine.

i am sorry. and he was. deeply.

was it in a war?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson continued on. His mind on other things. Amity's face, Rook's face and Renaud. So many fixed glassy stares. He had buried them all. Then he had left. His body broken and his heart and soul.

He nodded. Yes a war fought because someone trusted betrayed us. I fought and wanted to die, but someone or something had other plans for me. You would have liked Amity and Rook. I think.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
fade in favor of our newer thread? <3

i bet i would have. he offered, a bit solemnly. i cannot imagine the things you've been through. i am glad you are here, though.

he offered a brotherly bump of shoulders, before he continued on their patrol along the border.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,094 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
certainly.

Reyson had no more to say and he nodded. Taking the young ones words to heart. He slowly stepped into line and finished their patrol. The silence comfortable.

He would lay awake longer later but for now he was content.