Bramblepoint It comes in waves, the letting go
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,278 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Perhaps hunting was not the right analogy to use. Though Rodyn didn't understand why. Granted for most it was not like it was for him. For him hunting was no simple thing. There was a flare to it. It's own life force. It was his worship of the world.

He honed his body to be a perfect hunter. There was a practice to his precision. The earth between and beneath his paws, the way he breathed. The sounds and smells and sights of the creatures in front of him. Sometimes the days of tracking, just to get that one deer or elk or goat.

Rodyn knew there was complicated questions to ask of the world. However, he also knew he didn't really want the answers. There was a drive in him to find it all out for himself. It seemed to him that it meant more that way, but it would be a lie if he didn't admit, he was at least curious.

He smiled. She could hear it in her voice, but he was not trying to be rude or condescending. Instead he spoke to how he felt about it.

To me hunting is not straightforward. It is how i provide for my family, how i show case my talents. How I get the furs I need to trade with other packs as provided. How I pay a bride price as a man of Moonglow.

He didn't see the wrongness of sharing that there was a bride price. He hadn't had one yet, but he knew that it was required of males who wished to marry any woman in Moonglow.

There was just a small amount of dirt he put in. Very well. It was nice to meet you Miss. Fennec and I hope to do so again.
Messages In This Thread
It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - August 27, 2022, 11:14 AM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - August 30, 2022, 09:03 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - September 08, 2022, 10:17 AM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - September 08, 2022, 07:22 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - September 12, 2022, 12:13 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - September 12, 2022, 01:53 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - September 19, 2022, 12:01 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - September 19, 2022, 01:57 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - September 21, 2022, 05:19 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - September 21, 2022, 06:46 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - September 29, 2022, 03:25 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - September 29, 2022, 08:31 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - October 07, 2022, 10:52 AM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - October 07, 2022, 06:56 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - October 31, 2022, 10:44 PM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Rodyn - November 01, 2022, 05:40 AM
RE: It comes in waves, the letting go - by Fennec - November 06, 2022, 12:21 AM