Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Upon broad shoulders Rodyn carried a haunch of deer and 2 furs. In his maw antlers. He had heard that @Ariadne had started her own pack.

He wondered if Chakliux would come here and claim Ariadne as third? Fourth? Wife he was no longer certain. And made no comments on it, it was a personal choice of all involved and he had briefly wondered if Samani would have liked to be polygamous some day.

He lay hia burdens at his paw and lifted hia head into a howl. He would prefer Ariadne, but he knew she was hurt still. So whomever would suffice.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Brother Rodyn! Ariadne howled in reply, It is good to hear your voice! I will be right there! She scrambled from her den, still feeling the after-effects of her climb with @Kilgitsuk, and slowly went to where he waited. When she arrived, she instantly noticed the gifts at his paws—such burdens to carry all this way! She was impressed! A small hike up the mountain had rendered her stiff and achy; one day she would be strong again.

It is good to see you, brother, she said, throwing her arms around him and pulling him into a hug. And these gifts! You did not have to do that! They are very appreciated! He had to be tired; she would offer him refuge, a place to rest, eat, and share words.

Please, come in, come in, she said. My den is not too far from here, and we can share words in the warmth.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A lift of an ear as her words reached him and he waited. It had been a tough journey, but months of trading and hunting. He was used to it. He didn't think many realized what he had done, the sheer will it had taken to do his bride price journey. How much he had hunted. But he wouldn't trade it for the world.

Ahe surprised him further with a hug. She was so differentcthan her siblings who were a bit reserved really. But he returned the hug. A crinkle around his eyes with a small smile.

He lifted his burdens again and motioned for her to lead the way.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Ariadne watched as he hoisted the prizes onto his shoulders and continued carrying the antlers in his mouth, and she nodded approvingly. You know it is impressive you can carry all of that at once, yes? she said as she set off towards her den, slow and steady to accommodate not only her injury but to accommodate him as well.

When they arrived, she motioned to her den and smiled. Please come in. I am sorry, but I have nothing prepared for you—I would have had something ready for you to eat if I had known you were coming! She felt like an awful hostess! Can I go and get toy something? she asked, very much prepared to rush out and get him something.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He chuckled through the burdens and nodded. This was nothing. When he set them down he spoke.

My bride price was a large one. I carried more than this for a few moons. And I have hunted all my life. I am used to it.

He shook his head quickly. You need not prepare anything for me. I brought gifts for you. To help you settle. And I am glad to just see you and your new pack members are well.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
I am not sure if this is a rude question, she asked as they made their way into the den. So, please, tell me if it is—but, what was my sistraa's bride-price? It had to be large if he was used to carrying so much!

She settled in her furs, picked up the raccoon that @Kilgitsuk had gifted her, and then began working on it again; she preferred to be busy when talking. Please, tell me how you, the boys, and village Moontide fare. I was planning on visiting once the world became warm again.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn frowned and shrugged his one shoulder. I am not sure if it's rude. I dont think it is.

He closed his eyes remembering the paths, the hunt. What had been expected of him.

Eight white ermine pelts, three stag skins, four otter skins, a shell from the sea, dried caribou meat and i had to wrestle with sun man. Then once i gathered it all. I called the pack and confessed my intent in front of all.

A sad smile colored his eyes. Panuk and Rolayne, more Rolayne didn't handle the move back well. They miss Sialuk, Acrux and Maggak. We are working on it. We are building up more caches for winter.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Wow! What a list! Ariadne was impressed by Rodyn's accomplishment. And how long did that take? she asked, wide-eyed and jaw slacked in surprise. That is very impressive, she added quickly, I hope you know that that was no small feat!

News of her nephews were shared, and she found her excitement over the previous conversation subduing; change was hard, but it was incredibly challenging for children their age. I don't think there is ... but is there anything I can do to help? She searched her brain, wondering if there was anything she could do.

But, then, she remembered: @Sialuk did mention gathering the moonpacks when the world is warm again—maybe that will help their spirits? But that was still far off.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn didn't boast or brag. He felt his skill apoke for itself. He aftwr all had been first hunter in Moonglow in short order and he kept his pack fed. Hunting, ah how he loved it.

He wrinkled hia maw thinking. I left at the start of Autumn and returned at start of winter to help hunt and herd the caribou.

He nodded. Yes and i think if it is okay with moonwoman. I may try and host a hunt soon for caribou or Elk. But she may already have a plan in place for moonpacks.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Yes! she encouraged; she loved his idea! I think that we must come together more often as moonpacks—to celebrate and work together. I know as Head of village Moonsong, I will be encouraging my members to go and visit the other branches. We all need to know each other.

She reclined, studying him, and wondered what he thought of her ideas.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn listened. She was enthusiastic, happy and had big plans. But Ariadne was still young and a bit rash and he wondered more so hoped that this would aid her not crush her.

I often visit and offer trades as does a wolf Alaric. I know packs in lower regions as well. I traded much of the bride price journey. So i find this good..

A small smile. I love to hunt I often have too much prey ao i will bring some ever so often as well.

His need to hunt only grew more so with each passing day to gain a semblance of peace in hia grief journey.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She leaned in, quite interested to know more about the packs to the south. What packs? she asked, voice enthusiastic, Can you help me meet them?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He had to think of which packs were still around. He nodded as he thought of it.

My brother Sandulf is in a pack called Riverclan who allows with packs Kvarsheim and Swiftcurrent creek. There is Sapphique, and sweet harbo4 near Moontide. Of course Moonspear and moonglow. A pack further away known as Epoch and i met a rather violent pacl known as Redtail rise. I believe there is a pack near here known as Brecheliant. I can introduce yes.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She took in this information, nodding as she listened. I would like to visit them all, she said, considering; how long would the trip take? Do you think this is something that we could do before the nights get too long? she asked.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He shook hia head. Perhaps the three allies. But Epoch is too far. Heph shall need to take you to visit Sapphique for they prefer women to men.

His heart hurt. It had been almost the same words her sistra had spoken to him. And they had plans for spring to go. It felt honorable to take her sistra anothr way o honor Samani.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She could settle for the three allies—the others could wait until spring. If you are willing to take me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Then, a thought: Are they very far? Should I be concerned with my leg?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He had to think. If he was not mistaken the allies came before Moontide. But it could prove dangerous with her leg. Any amount of walking really.

It is not fsr, before moontide, but perhaps we should still wait because any extra walking could cause permanent damage.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
He was right; her leg healing was her biggest priority. She nodded with a knowing sigh.

When the world warms again, then? she asked. They’d make a big trip out of it!

This is just very important to me—I want to make sure that village Moonsong has allies all around.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A smile her way. He understood the want to go, when you couldn't. Granted he had been lucky enough to never get hurt too badly, but he had some in his party who had been hurt. He briefly thought of Void. He would have to make a visit to him in warmer weather too.

He nodded. When the world warms, then.

He briefly felt a flash of annoyance. She was using him to better her pack, which wasn't a problem exactly, but he certainly felt used. But she was young and eager and anxious. So he tried to ignore it and just chalk it up to grief still heavy and easily overstimulated at the moment. Outwardly he seemed fine and he smiled none the less.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She was oblivious to his annoyance and smiled wider as he agreed to help. Oh, thank you! she said, tail wagging happily. I will make sure it is worth your while … I am not sure how I can repay you, but if there is anything I can do … He was a good man; he didn’t have to do this. Not only was he leaving his pack behind to assist her, but he was putting his personal life on pause to do so.

And if it turns out you are not able to, I’m sure I will find my way, she offered.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He nodded. You're Welcome.

He didn't know what to say about repayment. He didn't expect anything. He had no qualms about introducing at least he hadn't, but breifly wondered if he should. Her lack of experience as a trader could cause her to lose not gain allies.

Her next words surprised him and he didn't know what to say. Would she use his name if he didn't go with her. And would it be in a good way. He made a mental note to speak with Kukutux about her daughters overeagerness. Which must be tempered with grace.

I'll take you. he had given his word that he would take her. Which was not something he gave lightly.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Want to wrap this one up?

Thank you, she said, leaving his decision at that. There was no use going back and forth; he’d given his word, and she would see that he kept it.

With an agreement between them, her stomach rumbled loudly and unexpectedly. Oh, my, she said with a laugh. I think that means it is time to eat—would you like to join me?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Sure :) thanks for the thread

He gave a firm in agreement. It would be good. Perhaps the boys would even want to go. At least to some of the closer ones.

He dipped his muzzle down. I would like to. Thank you.

For a momwnt in time the grief hadn't been so palatable, and it had been a semi normal day. But how he knew Samani would have loved to do this too.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Ariadne prepared their meal, portioning out their servings, and plating them on slick beds of ice. She was unaware of Rodyn’s inner turmoil, and thus was oblivious of any ill feelings he might have had; she continued their conversation as normal. They shared words until their bellies were filled, and then, soon after, it was time for him to return to Moontide. She wished him well on his way home, and once he had set off, she returned to the heart of her territory, seeking her Kalusruk for an afternoon delight.