Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Private 
Rodyn had said as many goodbyes as he could and he and Samani were still in and out of Moonglow. They had a revolving door so to speak, but one goodbye had weighed so heavily on him. He literally felt like his heart was aching. He loved moonwoman, loved sun man and the others on the mountain, but the fierce love he held for a woman after his own heart, as much as he cared for his own mother, that one was the hardest one. So with back heavy with gifts he headed towards the ulaq where he knew @Shikoba would rest.

He had a deer hide for her newest babes because he was certain she would have more children. And he had one of the noisemakers that she could hang, and he also carried with him a small pouch he had made of otter fur, and stained color from berries. He lay them gently at his feet and then he lifted a small questioning howl, his voice breaking a little on the last part.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
rodyn had called for her, though his tone seemed to sing a message that there was trouble stirring within him.

she comes from the mouth of her ulaq, looking down at the gifts laid before her for a moment. then, she looks back to the trader. rodyn and shikoba had a relationship of that of a tutor and pupil, or perhaps even more. she held much respect for the man and hoped that her son would follow in his righteous footsteps. to know that the man values her so, perhaps even more than she personally expected, brings a certain light into her heart.

"rodyn," she comes to say gently, "what troubles you?" she comes to step closer and inspect him closely, though coming to offer a supportive gaze.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
I can edit any of this if you are uncomfortable with it for your charie :D

Rodyn didn't have trouble exactly he was just as afraid of Mojag as causing this sweet woman to find fault with him. It was hard to handle.

He shuffled his feet unsure how to approach what he wanted to ask, and he hadn't asked Samani, but he didn't think she would care.

He pressed a paw near the items and spoke through the lump in his throat. I bring you gifts. Deer hide for your newest children, a noise maker that makes pretty sound when the wind blows and a pouch for whatever you want to use it for. They are just for you.

He smiled at her with ease, though he was so nervous. Samani and I are going to build our own home. Another branch of Moonglow. There are so many here, we risk overpopulation, but.

This is where it got hard. I don't have my mother here and I won't ever. She has left me to my own devices and she will not seek me out and I can never return home again. It is a rule of our tribe. No males allowed home after they turn 1.5.

He frowned. I won't do this I think it's a stupid rule, but Samani and I want children and she has Ana, they can call grandma. I have no one and I hold you in the highest esteem and I was wondering or hoping. You would allow my children to bestow that title on you.

He looked down shyly. It's okay if you'd rather not. I know you have your own children. And will have more.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
omg crying because this is so sweet ;u;

his gifts were made with care, this she could see with her own eyes. and as the man before her begins to speak, shikoba can feel her heart swell for rodyn. the man has been taken under her wing for training in his position as sivullik, yet here he was beginning a new journey with his wife in a march to the ocean. shikoba could not be more proud and has told him time and time again that she wishes her own son would come to take after him.

"you are a thoughtful man," she comes to say with a glance towards the hide, "and will be a wise ruler of the sea." life would continue to spread from the fingertips of Moonglow and reach countless beginnings. a network, a sister village to join moonspear!

"to know that you would give me such an honor-- it means the world to me. you have grown to be like a guiding brother for mojag, and to me, that's enough to call you a son of my own." she comes to brush her nose against his cheek, as a mother would come to cup the face of her child.

"i am proud of you, rodyn. and i will be a grandmother to your little ones." it was something she never knew she wanted until mojag grew older. the idea of having little ones not of your own but of your child, those who would come to love you as you love your own, it was a blissful dream to shikoba.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
<3 I cried a little when i wrote it.

Kukutux and Aiolos had given him a home, a purpose a bride, but Shikoba. She had given him the confidence to be better. She had given him skills he needed, and she had always been a guiding presence and a gentle light. He loved her as any boy could. He knew his mother wouldn't mind sharing his heart with such a good mother figure here too.

Thank you. He whispered softly, shyly. Brushed a paw along his other leg. He was still so nervous. Anxiously waiting what she may say. His breath caught as she began to speak.

A soft laugh, colored with tears and he pressed his head into her shoulder. Thank you. And it is I that you honor. And any children we should have.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
he reaches for her, pressing into her furs in the way that mojag once did. still a boy in some secret ways, yet a man underneath it all. 

shikoba has learned many things since coming into the wilds. she's learned that not all family comes from blood. she's learned that motherhood is more than just caring for little ones. she's learned that marriage is not as simple as some make it out to be. and she's learned that life's greatest gifts are often the simplest ones.

a knowledge learned over a lifetime, something she will always be grateful for.

"do you have specific hopes, for gender or for who they'll take after?" she asks him, wondering about the little ladies and lads that may be wandering the plateau soon.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Not too long ago, Rodyn had told Shikoba that even men feel things strongly. But they are not told they can believe it. This was this now. He strongly wanted a mother's love, but was unsure how to ask for it. Though at his seeking hug, she gave it.

He shook his head a smile in his eyes. I just want them healthy and happy. I hope that they know they are loved, even though they are merely a wisp of a thought at the moment. That is what I wish for them.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
healthy and happy, it was perhaps the best answer the man could offer. she smiles at his answer softly. "they have the best parents to take after," she compliments him, "a righteous father, a gentle mother. and an entire family that spreads from the ocean to the mountains." shikoba knew the kids would grow in an environment that loved them most, and she would even get to be a part of it with her new title. 

"are there others who inhabit other parts of the coast with moontide? are will you be the only ones by the saltwater?" while rodyn was a talented diplomat, he did not come home from his trades unscathed. shikoba was worried about the others that remained an unknown factor by the ocean -- whether or not they were friendly, or perhaps if they knew the saltwater better than the new village.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn shrugged. I don't know that I am or will be the best, but I can promise to do the best that I can. I will make mistakes. You always do, the important thing is to admit them and try and fix them. At least I hope so. I'm not sure.

His brow furrowed. He had never been a father, he only knew what kind of father he didn't wish to be, and he hoped that this would be enough to help him find his way.

There are five others besides Samani and I. A female hunter named Heph. I met her upon my bride price journey. She is righteous and kind. Sialuk brought us a pregnant female Marina to shelter. I hope the father does not cause a problem if he shows up. Void will come with me. And a female named Iiana. She is also a hunter. I met her in the deep weald. And T.K. will come the dog beast that followed me home.

He shifted. There is a pack near the cliffs, named Sapphique, and I have smelled others, but not other claims have been made yet.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
he seems to be aware of the others that surround his home, and there are names that she recognizes in his mix while there are others that are brand new to her. there is a sense of pride that shikoba feels for rodyn going off with his wife and making something new out of the plateau. she knew that it was no easy bride price that he had to pay, and it certainly gave him the ability to meet others in a diplomatic form while being able to travel and hunt successfully over different terrains.

moontide would be well-equipped with its leadership, this was for sure. 

"it would be smart to introduce yourself to your neighbors at sapphique. that way you do not intrude on their hunting grounds." she did not know much of the seaside pack other than the fact that they existed on seemingly okay terms with Moonglow. she had a feeling that rodyn would do just fine with making some form of alliance with them if he got the chance to speak with their leaders.

"but for the moment, you should only worry about settling and forming your ranks. and perhaps some sort of pack hunt to encourage everyone to get to know one another." in the end, these would be the founding members of moontide, and as far as rodyn was concerned with his wife and perhaps incoming litter at some point, these would be the wolves who would protect his brood and his claim. he would have to come to know them personally as moon woman has come to know her village.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had met many more besides in his journey. Eventually he would go calling upon them with Samani, hopefully. It would depend on how much was needed in their claim before they left. He was fairly certain that Heph and Void would protect their borders from any harm.

He smiled. I've met a wolf of Sapphique before, though now she is in Moonspear. I will make a point to stop, though I will need to take Samani. They are run by mostly women, and it seems from rumors don't think highly of men. Which I suppose given some men i've met in my life. I can understand.

We plan to have a hunt. I have also invited Inutsuk when you are able to be without his help for a time after the babies are born to hunt with us and bring something home to you. And once your newest younglings are old enough. I extend an invitation to you as well.

he smiled at her with pride and wonder and love. They were making something good, Samani and him. There was much to figure out and learn, but he was going to do his best.