Ocean's Breath Plateau Lifetimes are catching up with me.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
With @Sialuk’s blessing, Towhee rested in the healing ulaq for a couple nights before disembarking for Moontide. The head had already dispatched someone to let @Rodyn know about his son’s whereabouts but she wanted to get back, check in with him and @Panuk too. She hoped nobody was angry with her or the little boy, though she didn’t really know what to expect.

As she trudged across the borders and climbed to the plateau’s heights, she kept her eyes peeled for any sign of Phox or @Heph. If the others had made it back home, they should be around here somewhere. For now, she saw no sign of anyone and plodded aimlessly for a bit before her weariness forced her to settle down someplace and rest.

Getting old sucks assholes, Towhee grunted, trying to get comfortable in spite of her aches and pains. At least it comes with a view, she sighed, orange eyes staring out over the ocean.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had heard that Towhee was back. Part of a bison pelt was on hia back and he went in search of her.

He was upset woth Rolayne surely, but not Towhee she had run herself ragged to keep his boy safe. He also couldn't blame hia wayward son. Poor boy had so much chaos. Rodyn knew in his hesrt of hesrts that hia aon may decide not to come home. And it filled him with such grief.

He found Towhee and signed a hello. And pressed the bison fur towards her.

thank you for keeping him safe Towhee.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She wasn’t sure how long she’d been staring at the horizon when Rodyn approached. Towhee started slightly, then carefully studied his expression. He greeted her with gift, which boded well. Still…

-“Hey, welcome back,”- she started, pausing to weigh his words before saying, -“I don’t feel like I did the greatest job at that but I wanted to reassure you he’s safe with Sialuk. I wanted to return sooner but I was exhausted, especially after bringing Massaraq here…”-

Her eyes fell to the bison pelt. Towhee assumed it was a sign the hunt had gone well. She reached out to touch it. It was covered in coarse, thick hair. When she toed a corner, she could feel its heft. Even if she slept alone all winter, she wouldn’t be cold.

She looked up at Rodyn and gave him a grateful smile before it slipped a little and she asked, -“Why did Roly run to Moonspear like that? I have my guesses but I wasn’t sure if you could tell me more about that.”-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
She searched his gaze. He wasn't upset with her. She had followed his son. Alaric had told him it was his son who had ran. He could not blame Towhee at all.

He sighed and settled beside her. Yellow eyes on some distant thing. He haltingly began to explain trying to use some of the language clumsily she and Phox had taught him.

Roly doesn't want to be here. He wants to be with Sialuk who is the only mom he knows. A sons love for his mother, well I'm sure you know. He didn't handle it well when we came and frankly he hasn't adjusted either. I may have to let him stay there.

The last part his words caught and his throat convulsed. For the painful reality.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His words confirmed some of her suspicions, though Towhee stared at him when he said he was thinking of letting Rolayne stay with Sialuk. Towhee would be the first to insist a mother was most important but she knew Rodyn was a good father. He didn’t deserve to be parted from either of his sons.

That’s not right, she blurted, the words coming out of her mouth so quickly she didn’t bother signing. Towhee drew in a breath before continuing, -“If anything, you should go there to be with him. Take Panuk too, of course. Temporarily or otherwise, there are wolves here who could hold down the fort while you’re away. You seem to think I did an alright job of that already, don’t you?”-

There was another possibility, though it felt awfully presumptuous. Towhee peered at Rodyn’s face, wondering if she should even mention it. It really wouldn’t solve the attachment issue between Rolayne and Sialuk, though the head didn’t have to be the only maternal figure in his life…

-“I’m very fond of Roly. Panuk too. I’m not their mother, obviously, nor would I ever try to be. But if they need a caretaker of the feminine persuasion… feminine-ish,”- she amended, -“I’d be more than happy to help out in that regard, Rodyn. If you want.”-

Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn gave a side smile at her words. It wasn't a good choice, but it maybe the only one at least that he could grasp. If Rolayne continued his rebelluon. And he had to constantly worry about him running off.

Hw ahook hia head. I will not leave moontide for too long again. I must learn to balance it and still be as good a father as i can be. I do think you did well.

He blink3d surprised. So like a live in babysitter or i guess live near. I wouldn't take your privacy from you. Its..hmm.

He thought it over. It could work. Amd Heph could help.

Okay what would you want in return? I wouldn't dream of asking you to do such a thing for free.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn’t understand the question. Towhee stared at him. Was he being serious? This was something that would bring her both joy and purpose. That was enough. Besides, wasn’t this what pack mates did for each other? Even though her stay was temporary, she wanted to do her fair share.

-“As it happens, my going rate is one bison pelt, so you already covered it up front,”- she joshed. -“I’m just offering to be there for your boys—and you—if you guys could use it. It doesn’t have to be formal, or regimented, or whatever. If Roly and Pan need a mother figure—emphasis on figure—you’ve got one right here.”-

Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn helped where could and he liked that hid psckmates did yhe same. But Towhee was leaving them. It felt like a cruelty to use her services without offering something in return. Though her next words and he laughed.

Then I will take your offer. Thank you Towhee, truly.

A true amile then. It was good to havw the help and someone he respected deeply. Perhaps it would help his willful and quiet boys. He hoped.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
-“Sure,”- she said easily, the two of them falling into a companionable silence during which she examined the bison fur a bit more.

After a few minutes, she raised her orange eyes back to Rodyn’s face and said, -“It’s none of my business, so don’t feel obligated to answer. But as a widow myself, I have to wonder. Do you think you’ll ever take another mate?”-

Perhaps there was someone out there who could even be a proper stepmother to the boys, though Towhee doubted Rodyn was ready to move on right now, if ever. There was empathy in her gaze as she awaited his reaction.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A comfortable silence engulfed them. One where he nor she needed say more. A calming balm. His thoughts went to Rolayne. Bless that boy, but he was hurt and angry that he hadn't spoken and yet. His son was young and may honestly not realize.

A soft shudder and his chest tightened. He knew he should seek out a step mother for them amd yet. Gods it felt awful and he could not love a woman the way she deserved right now if ever.

He sighed. I wouldn't right now. And I won't until I can love her properly. No woman deserves to be married to me and the ghost of my wife. And right now that is what it is. Any woman deserves to be treated respectfully, and kindly and she shouldn't have to compete for love and affection. I would not a good husband make right now, if ever again. So i'm not sure the answer, only time will tell.

And it hurt to say that. To talk so soon of moving on. And yet Rodyn was always honest and he tried to be now. He wasn't in a place to share himself with another.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee understood how he felt, though she sensed an openness in Rodyn’s grieving heart. Perhaps he would be like Phox: he would take the time to mourn his losses but eventually seek love again. Both men deserved happy endings, although those seemed fair and few between in these parts.

-“I get it. At least, I think I do. It’s been nearly a year now since Maxim disappeared…”- Towhee paused to marvel at that terrible fact. -“But I’ll never take another mate. And it’s not because I hope he’ll turn up someday—I know he must be dead—but he was it for me.”-

She hoped Rodyn found some comfort, knowing he wasn’t alone, but Towhee could see the pain behind his eyes. It was much fresher for him, she knew. It was time to change the subject.

-“In lighter news, are you on Team Hephox?”-

Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn listened calmly saying nothing at first. His hesrt webt out to her as she said what she would. He gave a soft sigh.

That is ehat I am afraid of Towhee. That Sa..she was it for me. The things i wentvthrough to earn her and her familys favor b3cause i loved her. I built the pack on the bones of our love and now.

It sifted beneath his feet. I feel unmoored. But I'm trying so very hard.

He chuckled raggedly, but welcomed the change if subject. I am. Heph is my dearest friend. And i will see her happy.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee hoped that one day Rodyn would realize how lucky he was to have found a love like Samani, even if he never loved anyone like her again. Some people never found love even once. It would take time for him to come to that realization, if at all.

-“She seems pretty great. And Phox is a catch. Isn’t it crazy how well-matched they are? I mean, just physically. If they have kids, are they all gonna pop out blackish with brownish eyes?”-

She huffed a laugh, then caught herself wondering if Rodyn wanted more kids someday, regardless of his love life. Towhee knew that many considered them the same difference, though. She didn’t want to ask, lest she continue poking at sore spots.

-“Aside from those two, are there any other pairs living here? Assuming you give them the nod, how many litters do you think we can expect this spring?”-

Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn knew in his heart that he was lucky. That the love he had was one for the ages. And he had two wonderful reminders of how truly amazing it was.

Rodyn chuckled. They will be cute little shadow puffs. And i am all foe it.

Hw would give a bride price to phox when he was ready to have one. If it was still what Heph wanted, but he was unsure what to ask for her.

Chakliux has two wives, so i am unsure if they will both have babies. Phox and Heph all things go well. Other than that none. Unless you wanted some. I do not fuss too much as long as we can provide for them. And i have much meat in caches just from the bride price journey and since then. I do not fear that. But I do request that I am at least asked.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Oh, right, maybe “pairs” wasn’t the right word. Before Towhee could think another thought about Chakliux and his wives, Rodyn surprised her a bit by offering his blessing, should she want pups. He only wanted to be consulted beforehand, which was a fair ask as the pack’s Alpha.

-“Between the five of them, sounds like this place will have plenty of littles running amok in a few months. I know it’s not the same as having your own, with Samani, but the pack you built together will still carry on in her memory.

As for me, I have no plans. Like I said, I won’t marry again. For me, that doesn’t mean kids aren’t a possibility. But I’m getting older now and I wouldn’t be sad if I was done, I don’t think. Of course, I say all of this but who knows what might happen if and when the heatwave hits?”-

She laughed a little, though she really did wonder. Part of Towhee speculated that her heat might not even come now that she was officially a senior citizen. But only her body knew best and it hadn’t told her anything yet.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,257 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn would have found the idea strange pwrhaps even appalling had he not been 8ntroduced to the moon pscks. Who often had sister wives. It was the way of some. He had no qualms to it necessarily, but didn't think it was for him.

He nodded his head. oh yes many. I have always liked children. And my parents had many. But i am content with just my two boys at least for now. No one really knows what will change.

He understood and found her take on things refreshing in many ways. Even of her own age. She met it with humor and contentment.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
-“And as you know, two is plenty to keep you on your toes,”- Towhee said lightly, thinking of Rolayne leading her on one of the wildest goose chases of her life. -“Speaking of them, I’ll let you get back to Pan. I’m gonna find somewhere cozy to put this, then I’ll swing by later to check on you guys.”-

She thought about offering to bring snacks, though Towhee held her tongue as her eyes roved over the bison pelt, pondering the best way to get it on her back. She was really damn tired and wasn’t sure she was up for hunting or even scrounging. Although maybe if she took a nap with this thing…

-“Thanks again for the blanky, Rod,” Towhee said once she finally managed to get the skin settled over her shoulders. -“See you later.”-