The Heartwood I think to much and I hate it
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven spent a restless night pacing and pacing again. There was no settling in his bones. Fury had come upon them asking after their leader and offering them a place to stay. As much as Dreven hated to admit it, there was a chance they would need the safe haven come winter. They were ill prepared and he wasn't about to lose their numbers, for want of their leader not to be here.

Finally, Dreven made it to the center of the heartwood and lifted his nose to call his pack mates in proximity.

First he howled for @Atka Tsimshian who was never far from his side, and he didn't think she would offer much resistance if he decided in favor of leaving, she was easily the most aggreeable of his pack mates.

Secondly he called for @Heph in case she was nearby, he wanted her aware of where they maybe going. A favor to Atka for her fondness for the dark she wolf.

Thirdly and finally he howled for @Khasni, the saga and the one that would be the most resistant to the idea he imagined.

As they all began to arrive and settle he spoke softly.

As Harbinger it is me that keeps the home fires burning when our leader is unavaiable. One of our allies, @Fury of The Saints has offered us a safe haven for winter, and I will hear your thoughts on this.

He frowned. I will make the last decision, but I will hear all sides first.

Then he waited, silent, watchful.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
'' may the odds be ever in your favor ''
48 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The harbinger beckoned. Khasni was quick to respond, being the first to arrive. She'd been away far too long to miss anything now. But it was upon hearing Dreven's words that appalled her, filling her to the brim with regret that she'd come. 

Leave? The oracle snarled, snapping her teeth close to the beast's face. She did not fear him, just as she never feared Alduin. And what will become of the heartwood? Someone will come and claim it for themselves. This land is ours and I'll be condemned to servitude of the darkness if I ever willingly let such an impudent soul try and take it. 

As the harbinger likely expected, Khasni would not give in easily. But as it was most unfortunate, their newest blood, Atka and Heph, were not as closely tied to this land. They would likely choose to play along with whatever Dreven decided. Her vote would be outnumbered and utterly dismissed. For this, she was prepared to face.

I owe the world nothing,
the world owes nothing to me;
thus, we are as even as we ever shall be.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph slowed her travels when she heard a familiar yet still unfamiliar call. She was surprised that Dreven was calling to her, her first thought was to rush back in case it was something to do with Atka, but while his voice was clear cut and strong she did not get the impression that she should prepare for danger. Still it did not do to answer too slowly so she turned herself around and was glad that she had lingered in the area. There was a part of her that grumbled that she was not yet part of their little band and thus no reason to call her back when she had said she would return in her own time, but her desire to see Atka safe and keep appraised of the pack she had thoughts of joining kept her pace so that she arrived shortly after the little silver-eyed spitfire and in time for Dreven to lay out the dilemma.

Her head tilted at the words exchanged. If she had to guess she thought that Dreven simply wanted her to know where to follow them and doubted any words she may say held any sway but she appreciated his call all the same. Glancing carefully over the silver-eyed wolf she assumed was the Khasni they had spoken of she added her own stance to the mix "I was not planning on bedding down with all of you at any rate," tilting her gaze more to Dreven she kept her tail low though not tucked and her gaze averted to hopefully signal that she was sincere about taking his decision seriously despite her teasing tone "I'll offer the same to your allies as I did to the Forsaken if they suffer my presence on their borders to give them the information." The last part dipped more into a laugh, while Heph knew that some wolves liked her company she also knew that it had an equal chance of souring the air for more serious wolves. "But I'm happy to return here whichever you all decide it makes little difference to me." There was a shrug in her shoulders as she said it. While she could tell this land, for whatever reason, was important to the smaller she-wolf she was there for Atka and if she traveled further to reach the Saints she would not complain. Heph liked wandering.

sorry meant to throw her in here yesterday - feel free to tag me here or on discord to ask to skip me I'm taking too long to respond!
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka's head lifted from her slumber at Dreven's calling. It did not sound urgent, but she still grumbled at pulled herself up at his beckon. Atka stepped lightly up to the conversation, only hearing Khasni's piece. It was then her gaze settled on Heph, tail wagging, but it appeared this was not a time for a greeting based on the other's tones.

She opened her mouth to speak but closed it. Safety was offered, and Atka was not as closely tied to this territory as Khasni. She felt no obligation to this land, but felt sorry for the small wolf that snarled. Part of Atka feared Dreven's response to Khasni's snapping teeth, while she felt pity, irritation still bubbled up at the aggression.

❝I have no ties to this land, I don't know what lies and waits for us here.❞ She paused, wanting to appease to the group gathered. ❝If others don't know as well, I don't think they would find significance in settling here. If it's that important reclaiming it after the winter is an option as well no?❞

❝I don't think bickering with each other is going to get us very far either.❞ Atka snapped.
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All three were prompt in their wanderings and as guessed all three had the same reaction that he was expecting.

Khasni was the first to arrive, though it was clear by the look on her face that she would have rather stayed in her den and kept convening with spirits.

Khasni snapped at his face and he didn't move a muscle he simply raised a wolfish brow and stared her down.

Is your temper tantrum done?

She was behaving like spoiled, coddled femme. Which he could blame himself and Alduin for that. They had let Khasni do as she pleased and it had been her home first, so he could understand her leave.

Did I say we would? No I said it was offered. Khasni, very well you want to stay. Then explain to me how we will support our small numbers in the winter months? We have very few caches started. You are the only one with a proper den. We are not even properly formed as of yet. Winter is coming, soon. We have no food, no shelter and no warmth. What if we traversed back and forth and kept the borders fresh. IT would be shitty, but we could do it.

Dreven raised a brow at Heph and gave a good natured smirk. That's your loss then.

But he bowed his muzzle to her a show of respect at the very least for her honest answer.

Dreven fought a chuckle at Atka's snap. His snow had bite, but Khasni could take it. Just as he was pleasantly surprised Atka could take it as well.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
'' may the odds be ever in your favor ''
48 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Taking a step back, Khasni shifted her shoulders and lifted her neck high. With a firm, even tone, she then spoke. Alduin may have named you harbinger, but I have been one with this land for far longer than even you. You may think that this winter will bring nothing but despair, but that is not the case. Not unless you make it the case. The elder spirits led me here for a reason, thus which I then led Alduin here. They were not wrong to do so, and never before have been about anything else. Even if Dreven was not, Khasni was firm with her beliefs. 

However, if you lack the will to stay and fight for the place you once swore to be your home, then you have every right to leave. But if you do, I can promise you that I will never again accept you as harbinger of 'The Forsaken', nor anything at all. I will take the reigns, where you have failed to. We have already had one leader abandon it, and I am not about to do the same. Finishing her speech, the small woman stared sharply, awaiting whatever reply and decision she would be given: abandonment, or the pursuit to continue as they always have. 

I owe the world nothing,
the world owes nothing to me;
thus, we are as even as we ever shall be.
Moontide
Beta*
724 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph gave Atka a friendly wag, glad to see the other wolf arriving and to be in what appeared good health. An amused light came to her eye and she quickly averted her gaze to conceal the breath of laughter as Atka gave her own input as to the efficacy of standing around bickering. She was glad to see the white wolf settling into pack life with all four paws planted on the ground and she thought she sensed something similar in Dreven although she did not know him well enough to say that he was not simply observing the proceedings.

She thought it was strange that Dreven, who she would not have expected compromise from, had proposed one. The silver-eyed wolf seemed more intent on staying completely though so she was interested to see what would happen. The large brown wolf seemed to surprise her at every turn, offering her a slight nod in response to her own words. Perhaps the arrangement of them not fighting one another for Atka's sake would bear more fruit than initially anticipated, perhaps edging towards a kind of tolerance. Her head titled it seemed as if the little band might struggle to even stay together with an ultimatum like that, not that it really bothered Heph but she found it curious to watch the entire moment play out. Briefly she wondered if Atka would be able to say something, offer some insight. Heph wondered what exactly Khasni would take reign over. Maybe she just meant the heartwood itself, since Heph doubted that untold masses of wolves were hidden therein it seemed to her that if Dreven and Atka left to their allies the other wolf would be left to rule over a place but no wolves within. But she held her tongue, though she herself had declined to follow Dreven and Atka too closely in their actions she had voiced her intention to respect his decision and his authority over the little spat that was occurring. 

The next two weeks are probably going to be a little hectic for me so just a heads up posts might be slower - bee feel free to dm me on discord if I'm taking too long!
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka fought the growl that burned in her throat. Lack the will to stay and fight? She took a deep breath, head high as she glared at Khasni. Had she not seen the wounds across Dreven's face? Though she had just disputed the 'bickering' she could not hold her tongue or temper.

❝Did you not see what happened to Dreven's face? Fighting for this land?❞ She was seething.

❝It's not about lacking the will.❞ Atka paused, taking another breath to calm herself, ❝He's been the one at these borders, even since the beginning of Aludin's supposed disappearance. I will not hear those insults when I've see the extent of his injury. Subjecting himself to further conflict despite his own experiences.❞

Atka stopped herself again, allowing her words to sink in as she continued to glare.

❝Expressing concerns and ideas for moving forward is not an issue, nobody spoke of abandoning it, returning here was also named. The one you named leader had chosen Dreven in his place.❞ She spat, stepping closer with a quivering lip, ❝Your mistake.❞

She finished her words quietly, a harsh whisper to Khasni's ear. Atka only took a step back, away from Khasni's face and waited for Dreven to speak. Perhaps Atka's rant was unneeded and he himself did not even agree, but she was pissed. She held a sullen expression on her face as she thought, waiting for someone else to speak in her silence.

gotcha!
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven growled deep in his throat. The sound loud and reverberating throughout the heartwood. He moved forward, eyes upon the two smaller wolves. But his gaze turning back to Khasni. He bit back the fury and gave a cold, cruel smile.

As Atka says. I don't lack any type of will. I assure you. But you tread too far.

He briefly touched his nose to Atka, and stood firm in his place between the two. He would be hard pressed not to rip someone apart if they went after Atka.

But fine you want to stay. I am fine with seeing how we do. But you will then be a part of the pack, Khasni.

His voice held a note of finality. You cannot go and hide in your sanctuary with your spirits and leave us out to fend for ourselves. You led Alduin here, then you also have a stake in the lives that have come under his banner, whether by him, or you or me.

He lifted his nose and growled. We will have to set up hunting parties, medicinal caches and dens. We will do one or the other each day. Until the first snow flies. If the first snow comes and we don't have caches, medicine or dens. We will go to The Saints. No arguments.

I will not die a fools death.Nor will any who are my responsibility.