Northstar Vale The good that's left undone.
Rivenwood
Den Father
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
622 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
He crossed the valley over several days, then took his time in climbing the paths of the cliffs until he was overlooking the world from on high.

Down within the vale he thought he saw bodies roaming, but it was unreasonably far. To the east lay Mereo - his destination - but out of curiosity he chose to investigate the change here.

When Glaukos came to the limits of this claim he found familiar scents, which told him that the plan to expand had gone well. He turned in the direction of Mereo after that, and began to make his way.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
824 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
her nostrils told her of a familiar scent.

"glaukos!" tamar cried, moving from the brilliant red of the maples. she climbed the slopes toward him. he would see the changes in her; the tiredness, the looseness of her belly, the new curve to her hips. but he would also see her happiness, her joy, her contentment as she came to stand panting before him.

"i have not seen you for so long!"

she noticed then he smelled of nothing, and her brow furrowed in confusion.
Rivenwood
Den Father
622 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tamar? He turned then to see her gilded shape sweep easily up the rise, to where he watched and waited, and he saw her in full: a mother after-the-fact. Softened in places where before she had not been.

She looked concerned a moment and Glaukos could intuit why. I was on a mission far from Mereo, and am on my return now. What have you built here? He knew at some point Germanicus wished to expand, but he could not recall specifics.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
824 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
he looked tired.

resolute.

like a soldier. "this is epoch. it is arsenio with me and three others. along with our children." she smiled lightly. "will you come and sit with me for a little while? i would like to give you food."
Rivenwood
Den Father
622 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Not one to give up the chance at a meal, he gives a grunt and a nod.

Tamar may lead the way, and he keeps pace behind her. Ever watchful - as much of the surroundings as to his steps, as he does not know this area well enough to move without scrutiny.

I cannot stay for long, I am already late in my return. He warns, but does not slow his pace.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
824 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"not so long then."

but tarry he would, for glaukos was her friend and tamar had no idea that epoch was only affable with mereo. she had lived a long while in a bubble of darkness and milk-scent.

she did not take him to the den; rather the edge of the red forest, and here she offered him a hare from the nearest cache. "what did you see while you were away?"
Rivenwood
Den Father
622 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
She wouldn't take no for an answer, and anyway, Glaukos was pleased for a place to stop and rest, as well as a bite to eat.

Down in to the vale, where the trees were a rich read already; Glaukos looked upon this with some surprise he could not hide, even upon his typically surly features - and then his usual sombre look returned as Tamar asked her question.

More wilderness than anything. It wasn't much of a response, but it was the truth; besides, Glaukos had to keep himself tight-lipped until he gave his report to Germanicus.

There was a... gathering, of sorts, that I encountered. Young warriors doing drills. I kept my distance but it was clear they were training for something. Glaukos gave this information freely, in case it was of use to Tamar or her family; it seemed a good thing to do if this warband was a threat, but - On my return I did not see them again, so they must have moved on.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
824 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar liked how he looked at epoch.

but she was worried by the thought of war. "thank you, glaukos," she told the man. he did not seem likely to elaborate upon his journey.

"do you think that mereo and epoch are safe?" she chose to ask, appealing to his militaristic side.
Rivenwood
Den Father
622 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
They are far safer than many places, he remarks with this sweeping generalization, but does not stop there.

If anyone were to advance with ill-intent upon Mereo, they would be taken down. I do not think Epoch has anything to fear; but in the off-chance we were to fall, Epoch is strong. I am certain we are safe. It was better than his usual grunting affirmatives.

Perhaps Glaukos had been on the road too long.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
824 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
she nodded.

tamar trusted him.

"we will not talk of battles for now. come with me. i want to show you snails." and when he protested, tamar would state they were yellow! he must see!

at last she persuaded him along, and perhaps even coaxed a smile from him.