Northstar Vale Wipe the blood out of our eyes
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had slept hard and long in the gentle cradle of Mereo. He had stayed there his thoughts tumulteous, and his heart hurting. THen as the sleeping draught had kicked in, he had no idea how long he had lain there, but his face was scabbed and hard, and he woke with a start as he realized. He had promised @Meadow he would stay right there.

So with his heart thundering in his chest, and his body still aching. He pulled himself together. He had done a border patrol, had walked among the soldiers. Had sparred. Had pushed his body to it's breaking point, his mind barely there.

And then with wild eyes and a broken heart, he made his way to the borders of Epoch. He didn't call out to anyone just yet. He sat upon the border further away and he tried to calm his beating heart and his baited breath. Bowed shoulders, bowed head. What could he do. How could he ever make this up to her. He had broken a promise.

For reference mostly, but she can also come if you so like.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox had a busy first day, and he was feeling rather energized for somebody who had lost a leg in the past couple of months, reunited with his sister, and basically flirted with two girls in one day. He was on a fuckin' roll.

So when he spotted somebody out of the corner of his eye, he felt confident enough to approach. And by approach, he skip-hopped his way to the stranger who had one more leg than he did. Yes, he thought about this quite often now that he lacked a certain appendage.

Hey buddy, you okay? he asked, realizing the wolf seemed rather... caught up in his own thoughts. Phox instantly realized this was probably amusing coming from somebody who was literally missing a leg.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shifted as soon as a masculine voice was heard and he lifted his head up. Ice blue eyes turned towards the other, and he shifted a tattered ear towards him.

As well as I can be when my woman is mad at me.

Then he stood, and stretched. Praefectus of Mereo Reyson Ebonywood at your service.

Reyson took the other wolf in with a glance. Strong hardy, had the build of a soldier. A missing limb. He had fought hard then. He was brave. This was good. And his face reminded him of someone, but he couldn't quite place it.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox laughed, then smiled sheepishly. I've been there, buddy. Don't worry, it'll pass. Either because she would chill out or because he would realize his mistakes and own up to it. Phox went through it dozens of times with Niamh and Towhee both. More so when they were younger, but it was what had driven his late wife away from him in the end. Rifts were a powerful thing, and it was with some satisfaction Phox realized it had been nice to be single for as long as he had.

Mereo, huh? You're the second one from there who's come here, and I haven't recognized either of you. Turnover must be pretty high. I lived there only a few short months ago; name's Phox Redhawk. What was Germanicus doing to attract and promote up all these fresh faces? Phox wasn't entirely sure it was a great idea, but he was no leader. His brief stints in leadership had quickly gone to the pack dissolving, so he had taken that as a sign that he should stick to being a lowly member.

But what brings you here? Is Germanicus doing one of those things where he stations you somewhere else for awhile? Phox asked. He was allowed to be nosy. This guy was on Epoch's borders, and while he didn't really have any authority to do anything, Phox did feel a duty to protect Towhee and her kids (current and future).
player preferences
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded. I know it will. But I still feel like shit until it does. And i broke a promise. Which is just shitty in it's own right.

Reyson had not had many fights with any of the wolves he had personal connections too. However, when he did, they were usually bad ones. So this worried him.

Reyson frowned. I've lived there for about 8 months, but I stayed to myself. Are you related to Towhee and Maxim?

Reyson had found Mereo on his own. The high walls and the defensible location had stirred something within him and bade him stay.

Reyson smiled then a little sheepish. The woman i spoke of, Meadow. Lives here. I came to apologize, but I had to gather my thoughts first and that's if she'll even see me. She may not want to talk to me right now and that's her right.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox shrugged. Not every promise can be kept. And if she cares about you, she'll get over it. That's something I can promise.

When Reyson mentioned he had been at Mereo for eight months, Phox's face turned to mild shock. Had he really not remembered Reyson? Even a wolf who "kept to themself" was bound to be seen out and about. It was another one of those things Phox was quick to blame on his hazy memory around the missing leg. He swore up and down now that some of his memories had gone with it. How could he not remember somebody he had lived with? He only hoped Reyson was just playing nice and actually had remembered him. Either that or he was a liar, which Phox—being an optimist—refused to believe.

The mention of Towhee made him smile, of course. Towhee's my sister; born on the same day.

The mention of Meadow brought... a bit more complication, but only a mild feeling of jealousy. So this was why Towhee hadn't mentioned Meadow as one of the single ladies. There went any plan of pursuing her as anything beyond a friend. Just his luck!

Ah, I've only just met her, but she seems like a nice gal. I won't linger if you want to call for her and have a chat; not really my place to intervene in others' affairs.
player preferences
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson dipped his muzzle down. True enough, but I don't like not keeping them.

Reyson didn't blame the wolf. He hadn't known him well either. They hadn't even spoken. He had seen him from a distance, but Reyson had stayed to himself very much so. He could count on one hand how many wolves he had spoken to in Mereo actually. Other than the ones he brought to the pack.

Reyson smiled at teh mention of the female. And a brief flare of happiness lit his insides at the thought of both Maxim and Towhee. He should seek them out again. Her season should be over soon, he hoped. So it wasn't uncomfortable.

That she is. Reyson smiled at the mere mention of the little healer. She was mad at him and he had a reckoning coming, but he was optimistic that they could work it out he hoped.

He dipped his head. I appreciate you lending an ear none the less.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
It seemed like Reyson missed his point about promises, but Phox gave a gentle shrug in response. He wasn't going to hound somebody he failed to recognize after living with him for months. (Seriously, how was he forgetting him?)

And hey, if you happen to make it back to Mereo before Amalia, let them all know I finally made it here, I'm safe, and I plan to stay. Phox wasn't sure which of the two would travel more quickly, but he figured having redundant information wasn't a terrible idea, considering the way the world tended to user folks out of the way with important messages.

You want me to holler for Meadow, or do you wanna linger awhile longer? he asked. Clearly, that was who Reyson had come here to see—not some poor pathetic three-legged old bachelor.
player preferences
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had understood what the other was saying about the promises and appreciated it, greatly.

Amalia? I will tell them for you. Reyson had no idea who this Amalia was, but she must be a wolf with a message. IF he saw her on the borders upon his return, he'd not say anything to the leaders, but if he didn't. HE'd be sure to pass the message along.

Reyson frowned. Perhaps I will linger. I'm unsure if she wishes to see me, yet. But if you see her you can tell her I'm here.

yes that worked. No hollering for her, but this way she could make a choice to come and see him if she pleased.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Oh, I meant tell Mereo, not Amalia. She's just an acquaintance who I asked to pass along the same message. Figured it would be good to have a backup plan in case she forgets. Or worse. Many worse things had happened to wolves over the years.

Well, I'll leave you to it. Good luck with Meadow! Phox said, wagging his tail and step-hopping his way back to home base. Now that he had two different messengers headed to Mereo, he felt like they would most certainly know where he was. Hopefully Fennec wasn't too worried about him.
player preferences