Emberwood Golden gilded healers
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Private 
Maiken moved through the emberwood. Their golden motes playing color tag on her black pelt, littered with scars. She normally didn't leave Tikal but she needed a break and also new herbs. She was anxious to fill her stores.

A small smile as she moved. Brown eyes taking in the world around her. She briefly wondered after the healer @Arlette and hoped she was well.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was keen on building her stocks up now that she was the healer of Swiftcurrent. She needed some basics and decided to look into the woods north of her new home, she was more familiar there. She make sure to grab moss and thick loose bark. The female had spotted a tree where some bark was coming off, a dead tree. Perfect.

She put her paws against it and then pulled the bark off. Big chunks falling to the ground. They would make excellent small splints or even just little trays to hold things. She should have brought a skull or something that she could fill with the herbs. Then again, there was nothing wrong with carrying it in her mouth. She turned when she heard something. Arlette stopped what she was doing and scanned for the sound she heard.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken heard someone nearby and trotted towards them. Her smile growing when she realized who it was. She bounded forward with a small yip hello.

Hello Arlette. a gwntle smile and ahe ahifted. Noticing they must be of the same mind to get pack lands healing herbs.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette didn't need to wait long because a black wolf came towards her. A female. It took only a brief moment before she recognized the other healer. "Maiden!," she spoke, sounding surprised. She moved towards her and wagged her tail. "How are you?"
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken wound small body around for a moment. Warring between a nudge and a simple hello. They hadn't been close, not really before all hell broke lose. And honestly Maiken didn't know how the other would feel to know that she had not stayed when it had happened. She had tried, but had failed as they had attacked. Leaving the other's to their fate. Though Sovereign and her guardian of a step father had already run away. And Adlartok had lay dying. What was she to do.

She gave a soft smile though, the history pressing in the past and needing to stay there.

I'm quite alright. Looking for some herbs. Joined another pack near there, a warrior's pack, cause they always need healers. How are you?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette greeted her back. "Good to hear, at least, I assume your new pack is welcoming to you," she commented. Arlette looked at her own things she was gathering. "Much the same for me," she admitted quietly. "Fury's death-- It was a lot on me," she spoke. Arlette felt a little guilty but she also had accepted her choices.

"But I've returned. I joined Swiftcurrent Creek. My daughter lives there, and the neighboring allied pack is the home to my son. I think life will be better from now on." Arlette paused for a moment. She couldn't believe it herself yet, or at least, it felt so unreal... "I'm becoming a grandma," she told her then.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken gave a small little shrug. they are neither welcoming or cold. I am there to do a job and they accept it. The leader is a big man, and they seem to hold him to a higher standard than a god, and that's fine if that is what they wish. I simply want to heal.

Maiken's face softened and she nodded. I imagine it was not easy to see your friend die. And then the aftermath was just as bad, but Sovereign is in the pack I am among. And she is thriving there. She has done some growing.

A smile lit up the wolf's face. Oh that's wondeful. My mother told me once that there was nothing quite like being a grandmother. She said. Being a mother is fantastic and so lovely, she said but being a grandmother is better in some ways.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette listened and nodded compassionately. The pack sounded okay, not great. But that was her personal opinion. "Well if you are ever in the need of a friendly face, feel welcome to visit me at Swiftcurrent," she offered kindly. She did value friendship, and also having a network of other healers was always handy.

"Oh give Sovereign my well wishes," she offered. She was not sure if she was ready to see her, just because she looked so much like her mother. But it was great to hear she was doing well. Arlette had to chuckle at that. "I have yet to experience it but I will have to admit I am excited to be a grandmother," she grinned.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken's tail wagged and she dipped her head. You do the same. Though she doubted the she wolf would wander back that way again. So she would do the visiting. IT was nice to know she had a friend of sorts further this way.

Maiken smiled again. I have never experienced it either, and I probably won't no children or drive to have children. But I will watch you blossom with your grandchildren and relish your joy.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled at that. She would do that. She hoped she would have time for it. Her daughter was probably close to delivering and then she would need to be there to help her. Arlette dipped her head gratefully. Maiken was sweet, and she was glad to have been in a pack with her. "Thank you. Not everyone is into children or child rearing. I hope that you will find a good home in Tikal," she hummed. Arlette hoped that the pack would be a good fit for Maiken, then again she also was with the Saints. They weren't really saints.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken knew that good things would come to Arlette, because she was a good wolf. She knew this as if she knew she'd eat later. It was something innate. She was happy for this she wolf that she had briefly shared a home and pack with. It was a shame what happened, but neither one of them had really fit. And Maiken didn't fit even now in a way. Not here or anywere anymore.

Thank you. I do too. I like children, but that is as far as it goes. She ha dno drive for her own. Perhaps someday she may if she met the right someone, but right now. She had no want or drive for them.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head. "Understandable," she assured the female. "Then it is better not to have them, they can feel a lot even when you don't want them to know," she admitted. Arlette looked at the female. She considered her a friend, a colleague in their line of work. She hoped life would treat her well and bring her those things that she would want. She would say goodbye to her now, but Arlette couldn't help to be curious about their line of work.

"Anything interesting you've learned medically lately? An interesting case?," she asked curiously.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken knew this. She had been one that felt her parents hatred, well her father's hatred well. Even when he tried to hide it. Ever since she was very small. Perhaps that was in part why she hadn't fearful tat she would have a child like him who hated her.

She shook her head. Mostly pregnant females. Met a wolf without a leg, but he seemed alright. It had healed. And he walked very well. It surprised me, because Mr. Adlartok had always limped and hadn't lost his limb. Perhaps not surprise. Showed different between inner and outer wounds. She shrugged then.

I wish to find something to help the melancholy that lays upon Sovereign. She is still very unhappy and I understand, but I am not sure how to help her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette's ears perked up at the case she explained. She had known him. She had been fond of him. "I wonder how he is, Adlartok. Have you seen him after splitting from the Saints?," she asked. Arlette nodded gravely, especially to the case of Adlartok there had been the physical wounds that had been healed but the mental ones never had.

"Sovereign?," Arlette spoke and instantly her heart felt for the girl. "Talking helps, unless she is unwilling to talk?," she asked. Arlette thought about it. "What if I would talk to her? I knew her mother well? Perhaps hearing about her will help? Unless she doesn't want to hear about her mother?" Arlette knew issues of the mind had no botanical remedy that helped, at least, that she was aware of.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken's ears drooped and she looked down. She thought ARlette had known. It was the only reason she had even brought him up and now she felt bad. For the knowledge she was about to impart.

Adlartok stayed behind to protect everyone. He fought and died so Sovereign and I could get away. He fought well from what I could see. I didn't get to bury him.

Maiken felt shameful at that. She should have found a way to lay him to rest, but she had been running scared and they had stayed for days on the land pillaging, destroying.

You can try. She has not spoken of any of it. She didn't even offer any information to her leader when I arrived she met me at the borders too.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette paused, her ears falling to the side. Oh-- Oh no. She felt tears prick into her eyes. "I'm-- I'm sad to hear that," she admitted. "But-- From what I've known about him, I think that would have been his preferred way to die. To protect the ones he deemed worthy," Arlette spoke. She was still sad to hear it, but it was amazing to hear how he knew his mother, and how he had lived because of her. He had reached a great age with three legs.

"Sounds like a deep wound," Arlette agreed. "Well, I could always come visit Tikal and just see if I bring any memories. If she doesn't remember she might not talk to me at all," Arlette offered. "But I'd be willing to help. Fury was like a sister, so if I can help Sovereign then I will do what I can."
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken nodded and blinked herself. She hadn't know the male well, but seeing the female in distress caused her to grow sad.

I think so too and he was formidable even with his three legs. Even the ones who attacked us were respectful of him.

They had not done anything to him and they had let him lay where he had fallen and had not been cruel to his body in anyway. So this she found good.

Maiken nodded. You come and visit I meet you. Bring her too you. I don't know if the leader would like it much. He is strange in his ways, but if it will help her. I want to help too.

Maiken frowned. The girl had played with her that one day and even after the fun still seemed so sad.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was a little relieved to hear that. The female was sad to hear it but perhaps it had given the male finally that rest he might have needed. She would always remember the male fondly.

Arlette nodded at Maiken. "Sounds like a plan," she assured her. "What way is Tikal? Could you explain the route?," she asked. Then at least she wouldn't have to wander aimlessly to find it.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken had felt sad when all had transpired, but those in the pack had handled themselves well mostly. Except for the man that had been mate to fury. he had been coward.

It is in the mountains. Near Epoch and nestled in red sand canyon. I hear tell it used to be home to pack called Mereo, but i know nothing of them.

A small shrug of sharp shoulders.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette perked her ears up. "Redsand?!," she repeated. "It was were the saints lived before living at the Strath. I know it," she spoke with a dip of her head. It was crazy how it all seemed to connect. All these places and wolves from her past. It was where her love with Derg blossomed. "I will come find you soon," she spoke with a firm nod.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken nodded and then with a soft nudge to the other healer. She'd be on her way. After all they both had things to do today for their own packs and they had passed a nice chunk of time on niceties. It was only fair that she leave her to it now. No more pressing presence on her. For Today.