Ouroboros Spine Happy days
Moonspear
Villager
470 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Nearly halfway to a year old. Ajei knew she wouldn't grow much more. Dainty of limb and paw she took after her mother in that aspect. Though she couldn't claim the muscles or boast of an athletic physique like her mother. 

Honestly she was more on the stockier, pudgy side and that was alright. Especially as she packed on the winter weight. As summer began its minute changes to hasten to eventual fall.

Today she lingered near the water, pretty green eyes on the fish. Debating whether or not to try her luck. She dabbed a paw in and then another. Still teetering between fishing or not.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
tags for reference! <3

Sialuk made her way to the spine, her belly still swinging from side-to-side with each stride as it had been for the past several weeks. @Maggak and @Acrux were growing bigger and stronger every day, and they had begun to eat small pieces of meat brought to them. Still, they relied on the bodies of their mothers to provide much of their nutrition, and Sialuk was walking proof of that. Her teats hung low, filled with all the food they would need to supplement them as they gradually transitioned to a fully solid diet.

The starwoman made a path to Moonglow today to see her younger siblings and anaa. It was her first since she had given birth, and she found her body moved differently now. Her feet moved over the familiar paths, but the way her legs connected to her body felt changed in a way she could not pinpoint. On her way to see @Kukutux, she spotted a young wolf dabbling in the water. Not unhappy to be sidetracked, Sialuk made her way to the young girl (looking nearly a woman!) and smiled a greeting. Ajei, yes? she asked. They had met only once, briefly, in the glen of fireflies among many others that day. You are a fisher today?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
Villager
470 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei had watched as her mother and moonwoman had slowly went back to the way they were before children. It was marveling that such things could change and then you healed.

Ajei heard a voice and slid her ears to her head shyness working its way into her face. Though she offered a small shy smile upon sight she knew this one.

Hello Starwoman! You are here to see moonwoman and sunman?

She shifted and looked down at the water her smile growing a little more brilliant. Going to try. I've never fished by myself. Sunman or Arrluk or Massaraq, usually Arrluk were with me. Love for her friends bled into her words. Eyes sparkling.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Ajei's greeting was a pleasant, jovial one, and Sialuk nodded to her with a smile. Â! Anang and atâtanguang, she confirmed. Ajei spoke of Arrluk and Massaraq, surely excellent fishers themselves. Sialuk watched the water where the young girl was learning her trade, spotting a few smaller fish shimmering below the surface.

May this woman watch? she asked, wondering if it would be intrusive to have a less familiar adult here to supervise. It was entirely possible that the younger girl wished to be left to her own devices to practice on her own.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
Villager
470 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei frowned in thought. She didn't know the words she spoke, but they sounded like names maybe? 

Is that their names in your village's language?

Both boys had thus far caught more fish than she herself. But she had been there for each one's first fish. 

Oh. Green eyes kind and ears twisted up. Of course.

She shifted and watched the water. Tracking the fish. Seeing a rather largish one, she struck forward, ahead of the fish.  Small pearlys grasping and digging into the fleshy part of the fish. She pulled her head up water streaming and slowly worked her way from the water, the fish squirming. She had to chomp down on it. And she lay it down with a smile.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
It was often that Sialuk forgot that not all children born to Moonglow spoke the language of her mother. She had been so steeped in it as a child, listening to long, winding, magical stories from Kukutux, that it was second nature to her. Anang is my mother and atâtanguang is, ah... moonwoman's husband, but not my first father. She did not think it proper to dampen their conversation with her own personal loss of taataa, who had long since gone to the place of the dancing lights with many others on that fateful day of the strange storm.

Ajei proceeded to practice her skill, and Sialuk watched as the girl seemed to be a natural at it! Ah, you are quick! Sialuk exclaimed, her tail wagging and voice dripping with approval. She herself could not have done it better. Ajei would make a fine wife for a very lucky wolf some day, Sialuk thought. Perhaps she would be wife to many, as was the starwoman's plan.

What will you do with your prize? she asked.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
Villager
470 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei listened closely, but was unsure. Because hadn't the boys called their mama Ana and Taataa?

Oh, i thought it was Ana and Taataa.

Her grasp of the village language wasn't as great as others. She knew enough, preferring her own mother's lyrical language.

She frowned realizing the topic was heavy though she didn't know why. And it was rude to ask so instead she smiled.

Well then you learned double with two. Then she dropped that topic.

Ajei beamed. Thank you my mama and sunman taught me.

She looked at the fish in thought. Well first i will show to mama. Then i will either descale and dry or put it in a cache.

Ajei looked up, knowing she was nourishing puppies. Unless you would like it. Fish is good for pregnant and nursing mothers. At least i believe so.

Her ears lay back to her head not as confident in healing and such things as moonwoman.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Anaa is 'their mother', Sialuk said, gently guiding Ajei's grammar. Which makes taataa 'their father'. The girl let the subject wash away like the water in the creek, and Sialuk listened to Ajei's plans for her prize.

It should be a gift to those who taught you! Sialuk beamed, thinking it true. Though she did try to remain present in the lives of all the children from the villages, she knew it would never be fully possible. Even some of her younger siblings were mere acquaintances, especially those born after Sialuk's time on the spine.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
Villager
470 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei made a mental note of thr languag changes. Repeating to the star woman so she knew she understood. Then the topic was closed.

A brilliant smile. Mama would like it. So would sunman. Hmm

She looked down at it. There was only one bite it in half would not be much.

I should probably catch more. Would you like to fish too Starwoman?Or i can catch enough for you.  I will help you carry it back to Moonspear after your visit. As long as mama says okay, but she should.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk laughed, amused at Ajei's eagerness to feed her. I will take only one, she replied with a grin. There are many mouths to feed in village Moonglow, and Moonspear has many capable hunters. This way, Ajei would not need to make the trip carrying a fish for her older kin, and Sialuk would not feel as though she was taking too much from her sister village. She relaxed then, watching Ajei as she went about her fishing. It was hard to imagine that her own children would be doing the same in only a few months time.

She tried to recall what her own interests had been at Ajei's age, but it was difficult to say exactly how old she had been when the strange storm had ravaged the spear. So many things had been thrust upon her in that time, and it had been a long and difficult recovery from there. Even a year later, she had struggled to rid herself of the cloud that followed her spirit. Now, with her two little babes and peace in the villages, she was happy. No longer did that cloud cover her brightness.

Sialuk hoped that Ajei would never need to experience such a thing.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonspear
Villager
470 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei nodded. okay i will make sure to get you a big one for you.

She was a new mother, evidence clear. So ahe needed more food. Ajei at least knew that. A snall smile and she stepped back into the water careful not to splash. Some wolves didn't mind others did. So she wanted to be respectful.

Ajei had heard of very few bad things in her life. But she knew they happened, she felt so far removed though from such things.

i know you aren't feeling well. Would you like to fade?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
aw, thank you! that would be lovely~ feel free to archive here.

Sialuk continued to watch, eventually accepting Ajei's gift of fish, which she ate quickly on the spot. Long days and pleasant nights, Ajei, Sialuk said as she parted ways to seek out Kukutux and make a greeting with others who may be nearby today. Then it would be back to Moonspear, back to her children, back to her lovers.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO