Redhawk Caldera purple monkey dishwasher
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
Fantasy: Frolic squinted at the shape of their prey in the distance. She glanced to her left to make sure @Glee was in position, then to the other side to make sure her right-hand man, @Callahan, was also ready for the charge. They were both looking straight ahead, poised for action, so Frolic faced forward too. She pawed at the earth and flared her nostrils, then coiled her haunches and sprang forward. She and her siblings raced toward the bison, running faster than the wind!

Reality: Frolic tottered across the dirty den floor, stumbling over her own paws. Her muzzy blue eyes remained fixed on the “bison” (@Eljay), trying to bring him into focus. Her vision was too fresh, though it didn’t really matter. She relied on her mental images to propel her toward the prey, instinctive knowledge from countless generations of wild ancestors guiding her as she closed the distance, ready to dive in for the kill.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,151 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
today teya went to visit @Maia and the new little ones. @Bronte, @Ponyboy, and @Boris were allowed along with her. "you cousins to them," she explained, and loaded each one who arrived with a portion of fresh fish to eat and then some to carry.
this freshwater caravan made its way to the blackthorn den, where she caught sight of tiny movements.
"here to visit!" she called out to the new parents, motioning for her own to set down their offerings. "and bring food."
[Image: zTO57rj.png]
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fantasy: Before she reached the bison, the sky suddenly and ominously darkened, bringing Frolic to a screeching halt. She looked upward with a scrunched brow, then glanced over her shoulder. Her jaw dropped. Her brother and sister had fallen behind and now a mother bear and her three cubs were chasing after them. Frolic didn’t even glance at the bison again as she swiveled like a wild mustang and raced to rescue her litter mates!

Reality: The group of visitors darkened their doorstep and Frolic tried to turn and face them. She stumbled and fell onto her hip. Babbling and cooing, she heaved back onto all fours and toddled over to them. She tried to swat her paw at the “mother bear” (Teya), only Frolic lost her footing again and face-planted on the Raven’s paw.

I was feeling inspired, so I wanted to post again! The others are more than welcome to hop in anytime, of course!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
NPC
96 Posts
Ooc — Jess
"Whatsa cousin?" Ponyboy asked loudly, stumbling over the hunk of fish he'd set down in order to ask the question. He ended up slamming into the ground on his chest, uttering a soft Ouph! as he did so, but the boy was practically indestructible at this point. His knees and elbows were scabbed from tumbles, and he had a fresh dent in his lips from biting it with his sharp, puppy fangs. He picked himself up and grabbed the dusty fish again, which would serve not only as a fine offering for his cousins, but also an excellent means of keeping him (for the most part) quiet for the journey. 

He looked with bright eyes as a kid smaller than him and his siblings was the first to emerge and spot them. He set the fish down and watched for a moment as the child toddled toward his mother. He moved to her side and bristled lightly, a bit wary of the new stranger especially when she made to smack his mother's foot- until she became unbalanced and fell on her face. Ponyboy sat back hard on his heels and laughed. "What a dork! You're a dork!" He shouted gleefully, using a word he'd heard from his father, who'd not anticipated that his son might use it so obnoxiously.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,151 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
"well, maia and i like sisters. so our children, you and hers, be cousins." she hoped the explanation would suffice, especially as one of the little pups tumbled out of doors and directly into her!
"hello, small one," teya laughed, reaching to help frolic. "pony! not nice," she scolded, though she tried to hide a smile. "i auntie teya, and this ponyboy," she grinned, lowering her muzzle to exchange scents with the pups.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fantasy: Frolic stumbled right at the mother bear’s feet. She hit the ground hard, grunting from the impact. One of the cubs snarled at her, prompting the she-wolf to spring back onto all fours. She backpedaled rapidly, trying to put space between herself and the bears. But the mother was so large and her reach so great, Frolic couldn’t escape before her jaws descended. She swallowed Frolic whole!

Reality: Frolic pushed upright and bumbled backward a few steps, steadied by the Raven’s other paw. Her voice rumbled softly—especially compared to the shrill yelps coming from her cub—and her breath tickled the baby’s ears. Frolic knew there was no real danger here and let the illusion fade away as she plopped onto her butt and playfully grabbed Teya’s muzzle with her tiny black paws.
Brecheliant
NPC
96 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He liked auntie Maia, and uncle Eljay, but he still wasn't convinced that cousins were going to be much fun until he realized that it basically meant he had more playmates. Still- the dun child seemed a bit smaller, and a bit too young to be much fun. She played like a baby, sitting down on her round bum, and reaching up for his mom, for attention. He did little other than turn out helicopter ears when he was scolded. 

He too sat down, at his mother's haunch, she leaned against her, heavily. This was boring! The other kids were too small to play with, and Ponyboy knew he'd get in trouble if he did something that made one of them squeal. He huffed, audibly, so his mother might take the hint, and choose something more interesting for them to do.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,151 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya hugged the little girl to her chest, settling on her haunches and using an arm to embrace ponyboy too. "this is frolic," she introduced. "that glee and callahan."
the raven smiled down at her boy. "and we all blackthorns."
she drew a circle in the dirt and glanced at the pair. "what that shape?"
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She gasped, then began to laugh when the Raven scooped her to her chest. Frolic’s relaxed into Teya’s hold, eyes brightening at the sound of her own name. When Teya said her siblings’ names, the pup sat up a little and looked around for them.

Then Teya made a doodle in the dirt with her free paw. From her perch in the woman’s arms, Frolic looked down at the circle. Only two weeks old, she didn’t understand very many words yet, though she recognized the inflection in Teya’s voice.

Choosing a word simply because it was one of her favorites, Frolic answered, G’ee!
Brecheliant
NPC
96 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He looked on with envy as his mother cuddled the other child. He stiffened a bit, feeling the strain of muscles along his back which he felt his mother was neglecting. He felt sorry for himself to be ignored- even while it was only for a moment. 

He heard the sound of her paw scraping against the dirt and he looked at it. Frolic said something that made no sense and he rolled his eyes. He had no patience for the younger child who he thought was too babyish and dumb. 

He also knew how to get attention. 

”It’s a BUTT,” He barked. ”Say BUTT, Frolic!”
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,151 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
"ponyboy," teya said, but she was laughing now, and looking fondly at him. she nosed over his withers as she set frolic down. "we teach her nice words, yes?" she said of her son, though her eyes said he was not in trouble.
"this circle." sort of like a butt, though she wouldn't ever say it. "maybe we do food instead. look, frolic. this fish." she was very young for it, and teya intended only for the girl to become familiar with what might be an affinity for fishing.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
“Say ‘butt,’ Frolic!” the older pup crowed.

Bouncing in Teya’s arms, the baby cried, Buh’lic!

The Raven lowered her to the ground and Frolic splooted there at her feet. She thumped her own tiny, socked forepaws on the ground near Teya’s sketch whilst looking at Ponyboy, her black tail twitching behind her.

But she was much too tiny for anything to hold her attention span for long. Soon she was shouting her sister’s name again (G’ee!) and scampering back toward her dad, the “bison.”

After gnawing on his foot for no particular reason, she trundled back toward Teya and Ponyboy to say, Butt! again, this time actually enunciating it.

Frolic pinballed around the den a while longer, bubbling and squeaking, until she collapsed sleepily beside Badger to recharge.
Brecheliant
NPC
96 Posts
Ooc — Jess
He wasn't discouraged whatsoever. When he heard his mother laugh, he knew he could get away with just a bit more. Frolic imitated him, and his mouth opened wide when she said something even better than what he'd been trying to get her to say. He screeched with laughter, staggering in the occasional "Buttlick! She said buttlick!!"[b] Rolling back and forth on his bottom in disbelief. He quieted down when his mother made a request and he chuckled quietly, but did not nod. 

He wasn't going to agree to those terms. Not when he knew what power he had over the younger kid, now. 

His mother drew something else and immediately, his tiny young boy brain saw the beginnings of an oval shape, short-circuited and he belted the word [b]"PENIS!"
Though Frolic had simultaneously shouted something else, and his outburst blended with hers. He immediately regretted saying the word, though, and snapped his mouth shut, looking up at his mother with big, questioning eyes- as if to proclaim his complete innocence. 

Frolic went back with her siblings, tired out already. He scoffed lightly, and leaned against his mother with a soft sigh. Frolic was just too young to play with yet, and she didn't really seem all that interested in learning words from him. After a moment of thought, he lifted his muzzle to more-spit-than-whisper "Can you draw, a real butt?" in her earlobe.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,151 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
buttlick. penis. what began as a snicker became a full-blown laugh, until teya was helplessly chuckling at them both. she didn't bother to correct ponyboy again, suddenly interested to see how frolic would take to this.
for she heard her son's stage whisper, and let out another laugh. "how about we draw fish instead, ah, frolic?" teya invited, drawing a simple outline in the dirt before anyone had a chance to sketch a derriere.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
At first, she just sprawled beside her brother, basking in his warmth. Then Frolic decided to wrap her forelegs around his shoulders and tug him closer, her belly curling against his spine. She snuffled at his ear, chewing at it absently as her eyes drifted closed.

“Penis!” Ponyboy shouted in the background, prompting Frolic’s eyelids to flutter.

But she didn’t move, not even when Teya said her name. Instead, she yawned hugely, stretched out her hind legs—her forelegs still tucked around Badger’s shoulders—and went boneless. Within a minute or two, she began to snore.
Brecheliant
NPC
96 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ponyboy took a secret but abundant pleasure in seeing how loudly he could make his mother laugh, and with such filthy words! While he was inclined to say more, to shout them and come up with different combinations, she had appeased his sense of mischief at least for now, and so when Frolic curled up closer to her brother to sleep, he shuffled closer to his mother. 

Rather than drawing something lewd, he began to mimic her motions, grinning quietly to himself as he drew first the fish's outline (and resisted the temptation to make it into something else) before he added some fins along the outsides of it. Somewhere in the middle of it, he drew a circle and poked his claw into the earth to make an eye. It looked more like a flounder than a fish, but he was quite proud of it, regardless.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,151 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
sorry for dropping on this one! can fade here <3

ponyboy and frolic made an unlikely pair. or perhaps quite likely. as her young niece succumbed to the warm day and her great bouts of activity, teya sat sentinel over the pair. 
frolic had wrapped herself around her brother, and now lay dozing. ponyboy drew in the dirt.
teya watched as the outline of a fish took shape, smiling quietly to herself. "that nice, baby," she praised in a low voice.