Ankyra Sound bound by chains
επιβήτορας
113 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
For @Caiaphas! Does she speak/understand Greek?

Even though he wanted to, Spyridon had not sought out his new leader. Her scent became thicker along the border, and Aktaie's disappeared, but his duties remained the same. He was to serve and protect Ankyra Sound. It made his heart sink a little to think that Aktaie did not want to take her gift with her, wherever she had gone, but Spyro knew that he could be useful here. He had been sent, and so he would stay. The mothers and sisters would need him, and he would be their ever-watchful, ever-vigilant protector and servant. If it was asked of him, he would give them daughters to love and spawn to do with as they pleased. It was the only way he had ever known.

Presently, Spyro was soaking himself in a tidepool of saltwater, hoping it might ease the pain of his bruised back. It was cold, but the sun was still overhead, and he knew he could dry quickly enough that he would not freeze himself. The cold water felt good on his back where the branch had fallen, and he smiled at the recollection of protecting young Larus. He had done what he was meant to do, and it was a joyous occasion for that reason. The pain would subside in time, and Larus would live to see another day unharmed.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
yes!! i'm playing it as if aktaie has been teaching her, but she's not flawless yet

Many wolves this time of year often eschewed the water and the lash of cold it brought with it, but like Spyridon, today found Caiaphas rummaging on the coast. Most of her day had been spent in isolation -- both Larus and Kevlyn were more mobile than ever, and often she was left to her own chores.

She didn't mind the solidarity -- she trusted all in the pack save for Nishu Inte to tend the children, and tend they often did. She was surprised then (though not at all disappointed) to see her loneliness broken by the languishing form of Spyridon in a tidepool. Curious, but not outright amicable, Caiaphas strode towards him. He bore a most peculiar expression -- a smile -- which lead Caiaphas to wonder if his head had been recently struck.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
επιβήτορας
113 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Lol, Phas cracks me up. "Dat guy is clearly dumb in the head."

The splat-splat of footprints on the wet sand roused Spyro from his happy place, and he stood as soon as he realized it was Caiaphas striding toward him. Laying idle in a tidepool was not something a consort wanted to be seen doing when there were so many other duties that needed to be taken care of. “Συγνώμη!” he said quickly and quietly, his gaze cast downward as rivulets of salt water dripped off of him in every direction. He hadn't even had time to shake the water off of him, so he stood there like a wet rat, awaiting what was sure to be punishment for his laziness.

He panicked for a moment, wondering if Caiaphas would deem him unworthy of being a consort and kick him out into the world. It was so foolish of him to think that he could rest without punishment when there was so much other work to be done. “Παρακαλώ μην με κάνει να φύγει, αδελφή. Υπόσχομαι ότι δεν θα ξανασυμβεί,” he pleaded, hoping upon hope that she would not force him to go elsewhere, away from Ankyra Sound. He had nowhere else to go. The shame of going back to Hippo Tang Cove would be too great. He would not survive amongst the others, not knowing their language or their strange ways.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Having been born in the outside realm where Nereides culture was woefully absent, there were certain parts of Caiaphas' psyche that had yet to be fully immersed in their psychology. When Spyridon flew upward in surprise and immediately (and profusely) extended an apology, Caiaphas only returned his actions with a brief stare of bewilderment.

She was hard-nosed in many aspects, but resting was not one of them -- Caiaphas enjoyed sleep more than many, and while not lazy, was often content to slumber. She had no reason to believe the dark shadow was any different; and if anything, had no reason to doubt him. She often saw him accompanying one or two of the puppies, and given that this relieved her of them, was quite reluctant to call him anything other than active. Για ποιο λόγο;? She inquired, one ear cast askance in confusion.
επιβήτορας
113 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
My dog is puppy-dreaming HARD over in the corner. How did your dressage thing go the other weekend or whenever that was?!

She gave him a simple, questioning response, but Spyro immediately assumed it was a trick of some sort. The sisters had played many tricks on him as a child, and he was quite used to them, but it did not make them any less pleasant. He had found, over time, that being more obedient had slowed the rate of these tricks, but there were always a few sisters who insisted on coming at him again and again. Caiaphas had been nothing but orderly with him, and yet he could not help but think that she was testing him in some way. She had to have been. What other explanation was there?

“Ξέρω ότι υπάρχουν πράγματα που πρέπει να γίνουν. Θα πρέπει να τους κάνουμε,” he replied, sincerity in his voice. He did not wish to upset his new leader, no matter how unlike Aktaie she was. Aktaie trusted her to take over, so Spyridon would trust her to lead The Nereides as they had been led since his birth. Change was not something Spyro dealt with well, a fact that was quickly becoming apparent. “Τι ανάγκη έχεις για μένα;” he asked, shivering with the weight of the water still upon him.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
omg dog dreams are the best! and thanks for asking, it went super! also sorry i didnt respond asap.. i didnt even see you replied. IM SO BAD AT SPREES.

Tricky as Caiaphas believed herself, she was nothing so tricky as the Sisters in Spyridon's past. Thankfully, they were but ghosts now -- had Psamathe been here she likely would have delivered the reaction Spyridon was so conditioned to, but as it was she was not. It was just Caiaphas. She was not so adept to place a finger on the source of his unease, but she was relatively aware of it just the same.

She offered no soothing words, but there was nothing of scorn or hate in her sharp gaze. She looked at him slyly, not yet knowing he was injured. But what she was about to say was grave at best, and carried great weight with it. She leaned in, her voice hushed -- and there was a heavy manner of secrecy to her words. υπάρχει κάτι , αν είστε τόσο κλίση . No matter how heinous the things she had in store, something about Spyridon made Caiaphas suspect he would obey without question.
επιβήτορας
113 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Yay! I'm going to start competing with my dog (agility) next year, and I'm supa nervous. Haven't been in the show ring in 10+ years. @_@

She leaned in uncomfortably close, and Spyridon held his breath in anticipation for whatever it was she was about to reveal to him. “Οτιδήποτε,” he replied without any note of hesitation. His life was dedicated to The Nereides. It always had been; it always would be. No amount of tantalizing outsiders could whisk him away, no kidnapper could restrain him, and no seductress could tempt him away from the place he had been born and raised to serve for all of his days. Only the sea, with its fierce and old ways, would ever take him away from this place, and he had always been a strong swimmer.

Still, he could not help but wonder what Caiaphas had in store for him. Would he be tasked with capturing an outsider? Performing the fertility ritual with one of the other sisters (or Caiaphas, for that matter)? Culling either Larus or Kevlyn? It was possible that one (or both) of them had not been deemed fit for their culture, and Spyro had done the unthinkable to the very students he had sought to raise. Each and every time, he blamed himself for their deaths, knowing it was his lack of leadership that had allowed them to return to the sea so soon. Not all were fit for a life on land, and some were required to be returned to the sea earlier than others.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
ahhhhh agility is SO fun!!! have you found a trainer or are you gonna teach your pup yourself?! i LOVE agility! my poor hunde wasn't cut out for it though ahah -- also, obvi this miniplot has to follow the consent rule.. but phas totally wants

The male answered her mysterious statement without question -- something that spoke highly of him to Caiaphas. She pulled back and observed him for a minute, a span of time that seemed almost a tension-ridden eternity.

Deeming him capable, she pulled close so that no wolves could read her lips (so few spoke the language that perhaps this was an unnecessary precaution) and none could hear her hushed words, save the man they were appointed to. Από την ακτή , φαντάζομαι θα ήταν εξοικειωμένοι με τη θανάτωση . Έχουμε ένα λύκο που γνωρίζει πάρα πολύ να εξοριστεί , αλλά ο θάνατος πρέπει να είναι η έσχατη λύση . Θα πρέπει να ευνουχίζεται , αλλιώς θα τον σκοτώσουν. She pulled back, assessing him quietly for his reaction. There was only one male that had been troublesome for the clan, and Caiaphas knew Spyridon would likely know instantly who she was referring to. Should he prove capable in this regard, Caiaphas knew come spring he would be the only male worthy of lending himself to his Sisters.
επιβήτορας
113 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Yep! I volunteer/train at a facility in town, so I have several trainers I've been working with. Loki (my rescue Aussie) and I are in the middle of his beginner class, so he can start doing competition next year. He's so much faster/smarter/crazier than any other dog I've worked with. Maybe a little above my handling level, but what's competition without some challenge, eh?

She spoke of culling, and instantly Spyro thought that he had failed being a teacher yet again. However, she did not sound as though she meant the children, and both Larus and Kevlyn had been apt pupils. But she did not speak of the spawn, and Spyro's gaze hardened, still looking at the sand beneath his feet. “Και αν Τηθύος προσπαθεί να τον προστατεύσει;” His voice was low and soft, and he did not dare utter Tethys's pet's name. Spyridon had noted their closeness many times before, and he knew that it would become a problem eventually. But he was not to act unless told to do so, especially against one of the sisters, and so he had said nothing.

Already, he was thinking how he would do the deed. Without his *ahem* balls, the knight would be reduced to nothing but a eunuch, stripped of any rights to participate in the fertility rituals. He would be seen as the lowest of lows, with no purpose other than to hunt and protect the sisters. Eunuchs still had a place, but it was not a place Spyro ever wished to be. Still, it was better (in his mind) than being cast out and shunned.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
it sounds like you're in capable hands... and i know what you mean - sometimes the little extra fire is good!

She knew the male knew instantly who she was referring to, for his gaze fell and changed; hardened. Caiaphas did not soften her resolve, not even as the significance of the situation shrouded the two of them. She had thought of Tethys too -- she did not know the female well enough to be sure of her reaction. But as a Sister of the coast, Tethys was bound to serve the whims of their culture like all the rest of them.

It would take more than one to overwhelm the male enough to castrate him, and Caiaphas had every intention of accompanying Spyridon. Should Tethys interfere, she would find more at stake than just the life of her pet. Tethys had proven invaluable to the pack -- but her pet had not. Δεν είναι όλα κόβονται για να εξυπηρετήσει τις μητέρες μας . It was the only answer she supplied. We will do what must be done, she steeled herself inwardly.
επιβήτορας
113 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dis plot gonna be juicy. Balls juicy, even.

Spyro's stance did not falter as Caiaphas spoke of what must be done. If Tethys would not surrender her pet, then she would surrender herself. It was the way of The Nereides. Spyridon did not think they would be given a chance to flee, for they'd had that chance already, and they had failed to take it. Spyridon would do whatever Caiaphas asked of him, his single question answered. He could only hope that Tethys would not interfere for her own sake. A drudge's balls were not worth her trouble, especially a disobedient one such as her pet.

“Πότε θα τον αναζητήσει;” the consort asked, fully expecting to leave right now to find the drudge and turn him into a eunuch. The task was not an easy one, even for a fit wolf such as Spyridon. Things would only be complicated by his recent injury, though he would ignore the pain if it meant pleasing Caiaphas.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Spyridon, like Caiaphas, knew the way of the Nereides could not be sullied. It was a grim thought, dispatching the white male -- but if he could not prove a useful asset he would be sought and destroyed by whatever means possible. The way of the world was just so; at least, the way of the world they knew.

She contemplated Spyridon's question at length. It would not be easy to approach the white male, as Caiaphas knew he would find their advancement suspect. They would likely have to wait for him to come within their proximity -- the two of them could overtake him at close quarters, but Caiaphas had the sneaking suspicion the pale male was fleet of foot. Θα πρέπει να το κάνουμε σε χρόνο που δεν μας υποψιάζεται . Αύριο θα είναι καλύτερα . Δεν μπορεί να πάρει χαμπάρι αυτό - μιλούν τίποτα σε κανέναν She did not think Spyridon was the type to be loosed lipped -- the Nereides were known for their curt discretion above all else.
επιβήτορας
113 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
“Όπως επιθυμείς.” He would find Caiaphas at first light, and from there, they could approach Tethys and her unbroken pet. Spyridon fell silent then, wondering what it was that drove outsiders to come here if they did not like their ways. Nishu had not been captured, so far as Spyro knew, and he had no debt that was to be paid to The Nereides. He had only come in and soaked up enough knowledge to make himself a threat. What his connection was to Tethys, Spyridon did not know. Nor did he wish to. Such matters were not for his ears.

Caiaphas would not need to worry about her secret staying safe with him. Spyro had no motive to spread word around, especially when his status depended on it. This was just another test in the life of tests he had lived, and he knew that it would pass. If he failed, he would surely be reprimanded, but doing his best was as much as he could do. He remained where he stood for now, awaiting any further instruction or dismissal. When she gave none, Spyro took his leave.