Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Private 
He gathered from the den a soft deer skin. Some smaller items. Antlers. A sound maker of fish bones and csrried them tinkling towards where he had seen @Sylvie settle.

He had promised her a lesson in the history of moontide. And so he would deliver. And gifts she could take home. So her and her family knew they were traders.

There was a sadness to him as he thought of hia peachy queen. When her history was just as tied up in the land too.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tag for reference!

Sylvie had found an abandoned shelter; a small burrow in the ground was big enough for her and @Ceridwen. It was cozy, especially since she was so fluffy, but it wasn't like home. Although she was starting to feel homesick for her parents, Sylvie knew this adventure was good for her and that she needed to continue to push herself past her comfort levels.

She was just waking up from a nap when she spotted Rodyn. She noticed how strong he was; he carried many items and was heading in her direction. Quickly, she scrambled out of the shelter and watched in awe as he approached, and soon, a smile was on her face.

What's all of this?! she asked, genuinely surprised by all the beautiful items. She looked over them, her heart thumping in her chest once she looked up at him.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He had yet to meet the Elusive older sister. But she seemed to enjoy her Solace. Rodyn couldn't blame her. After all he liked peace as well.

A smile through teeth. As he held the items fast. He had pulled abd carried much more on his trek for Samani. So this was nothing.

A gentle thump as things were laid down. Though he gently pressed the noisemaker down.

We are traders here in moontide. Gifts for you to take home to your family. Deer skin, antlers and this is a noisemaker i make with fish bones. Hang it in trees or on rocks.

He looked down at them. I promised you a history of moontide. It starts with a bride price.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Oh, wow, she breathed, looking at each item as he pointed it out. This is so generous of you, thank you! She would have to come back with items from home; it was only fair.

She had heard the term bride price, but she wasn't entirely sure what it was. I-I've heard the term before, but could you please explain what a bride price is? she asked.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn grinned, but it didn't quite meet his eyes. He was wealthy in terms of wolfdem, but what was it worth wihout Samani? Nothing. But if he could better their ties. Make allies and friends. Work for a better future.

You're welcome.

He stared at them turning things over in his head. Wondering what to say. He didn't know everything of moonglows teachings.

We don't repeat the names of those we lost in my late wifes familial traditions. So I will refer to her as my peachy queen. But.

He took a deep breath. In our culture, more so hers. The man seeking to take a wife he is given a bride price by her parents. A set of tasks or items to prove his worth, wealth and if he can care for them.

He dipped his muzzle down. I was first hunter. And was given the task of gathering Eight white Ermine pelts, three stag skins, four otter pelts, a seashell, Dried caribou meet and I was to wrestle her father Aiolos or Sun Man as they call him.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Peachy Queen, Sylvie repeated with a nod, hoping to show respect for her culture and his comfort. After all, he was sharing aspects of his life that could bring about pain for him, and she wanted to make sure he knew that his effort was appreciated.

He then described what a bride price was and how he accomplished such a feat, and she looked at him, impressed. Is every bride price the same? Or do different men do different things for theirs?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He sighed say. Yes. She was that color. Beautiful and sweet. Bold.

Rodyn would have loved to share her name scream it outloud, but his respect for her, for her family for her culture kept his voice quiet.

He shook his head. Each one is different. Thr parents choose what they want. But more so it is a journey for both the girl and the mam to grow. While he is away gathering and she is homw learning things with her mother.

A small slow smile. On my journey I met two wolves. Void and Heph. Heph is now beta beaide me and Void was here until he chose to go his own way. So the bride price journey is how our bare structure started. They helped me hint and trade. Heph hunted otters and elk with me. Void hunted deer. I met many packs building relationa as I went.

On my return my intended told me she wanted to start our iwn pack. Near the ocean. She had loved this land long time. Her father was from here. So we found Void and Heph. Offered them places and began to build.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
It made sense that the bride price depended on the parent, and she was even more interested to learn that the woman in the picture did her own tasks while the man was away collecting the requested items.

Rodyn then introduced two new characters into the story, Heph and Void, and she learned how they became the foundation of the pack after the Peachy Queen had admitted she wanted to bring a pack to the shore. She could see why she'd wanted to settle here; it was picturesque.

How long did the building take? she asked, curious how quickly they amassed members.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn's bride price had been larger than most. Both for his prowess as a hunter, but also because his bride had been in a way akin to a princess. The daughter of two leaders.

He had to think hard. Remember. The past few months had been so full of sadness chunks of his memory felt gapped and raw.

I was gone on my journey for most autumn and part of winter. I made forays to the pleateau to dig out dens and mark borders part of winter and beginning of spring. We finally settled towards middle of spring.