Why are there no pack icons?
27 Posts
Ooc —
Were Pack Icons ever discussed? As in, an icon for every pack, similar to each pack information header.

I have a lot of trouble remembering and telling the difference between each color scheme, so that's why I ask. Just a thought.
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
I'm willing to help make some (and practice pixelling) if this goes through. It would be so cool to have individualised icons!
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
For aesthetic and practical reasons, we prefer a common icon. Now that we have added the pack acronyms beneath the colored pawprints there should be no problem telling them apart. :)
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@Sofi @Veritas why not make a pack icon like duskfire glacier did? where you post it in your signature? IIRC, dark brotherhood does it too.

WWS used to do the pack icons but IMHO it is a lot of work to keep up with and would require a lot of adjustment to main pages. i like the uniformity of the pawprints - it keeps everything streamlined and neat!
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
27 Posts
Ooc —
That all makes sense. With twelve packs the acronyms are helpful, but there are too many to easily memorize them.

If it was ever on the table, I'd like to see pack creators making their own icons or requesting them in Studio Howl, rather than pushing that extra workload on the game administrators. The signature icons are a decent compromise, although it might be good to specify standard dimensions anyway.
i know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying
184 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The issue with it really is consistency. Some of us -- myself, in particular -- are very anal-retentive about things looking the same or being neat and tidy. Having each pack leader create their own icon means there will be different styles, different levels of detail, and perhaps even different sizes, of icon. To me, having those sorts of icons all together would look really messy and busy, hence why we use the standard pawprint for all packs.

I myself have no trouble memorizing all the packs and their colours, but I'm also the one who makes the icons and sets up the packs so I'm intimately familiar with them all. Personally I would find icons harder. Knowing which pack is which does come with time, and if ever you're unsure of which pack is which, all you need to do is click on the pawprint and you can see which pack it is.