Ankyra Sound something rotten in the state of denmark
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the darkness would take getting used to, particularly for a soul who lived in the sun. but caiaphas was not a sunkissed, ephemeral flower -- she was the mold that grew in the dark, the spore that populated the subterrane. her steps were quick and nimble and as she heard vlad stumble behind her she imitated his guffaw, a shrill cackle bounding down the darkness.

should he use his ears he would hear the fleet of her scattering claws, and eventually, the two of them would break into the circular chamber caiaphas called her lair. once it had been a site for ceremonies, and the residents sacrificed to honor ankyra sound's longevity remained there still, skeletons set cold in the dust. in the center of the chamber was a rounded pool whence light came from and gave the cave its eerie and possessed aura. caiaphas rounded to the water, her countenance illuminant as she looked upon vlad. "sunlight from outside." she smiled, waving a paw across the rippling surface. "it bounces from the seafloor." she was proud of this spectacular find, and had spent the last year within the confines of this otherworldly grotto.

"there is no fresh water in the fall or winter." her brow furrowed by this small setback. "but in the spring and summer the ice in the mainland thaws and comes creeping down to the sea." the grotto's tunnelways were endless, and truth be told, she had not traversed the entire of the cavernous network. it was then she straightened up, a harshness to her feral gaze. "should you turn on me, there are plenty of places to hide your body."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 14, 2015, 01:08 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Caiaphas - November 15, 2015, 07:06 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 15, 2015, 07:16 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Caiaphas - November 15, 2015, 07:30 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 15, 2015, 07:41 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Caiaphas - November 15, 2015, 09:48 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 16, 2015, 08:13 AM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Caiaphas - November 16, 2015, 01:10 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 16, 2015, 01:29 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Caiaphas - November 16, 2015, 03:03 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 16, 2015, 03:35 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Caiaphas - November 16, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 16, 2015, 04:21 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Caiaphas - November 16, 2015, 05:51 PM
RE: something rotten in the state of denmark - by Vlad - November 16, 2015, 05:59 PM