Ankyra Sound I WOULDN'T SINK LIKE A STONE [mandatory saltwinter meeting]
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas allowed her gaze to slither from wolf to wolf. in some of their eyes she saw dissent -- in others, concern. in a wolf less accustomed to rogues perhaps this would have stirred a firebrand of anger in the sylph's gut -- instead, she felt only a semblance of dejection. it made sense -- each wolf valued their own hides more than their neighbor's. caiaphas was no exception to this rule. she pulled herself upright and her simmering gaze fell on vlad, who was first to speak in a manner that suggested he was not aghast by her speech. his proposition was met with a curved smile -- his ascension into leadership was not a new thought for her, and she answered with a quickness that suggested his proposition was in no way improper. "number two it is." with that, her narrow muzzle rotated and she viewed the rest of her comrades.

"the grotto housed all of you the entire winter. something threatens to sunder it and some of you would rather turn your belly up like a fat seal." she spoke rather blandly despite her comrade's lack of enthusiasm. "i would ask only in return for being housed in the grotto that you guard it as if it were your own." her gaze fell pointedly to the lot that had voiced (and perhaps, not voiced) their oppositions. she was surprised to see that the newest of members was not among those who questioned her judgment.

"when lasher visited me, we agreed he would seek out this pirate captain and see if he would be amenable to forfeiting the life of the wolf that attacked us. even so, there are now three packs along the shore.. which means food will be scarce and we are bound to come across or interact with these 'pirates' soon. it would be risky to march to their coven and declare an all out war -- so i am proposing this: any wolf you see matching the description of the wolves that both attacked myself and those of donnelaith are on a strict kill on sight policy. any wolf that approaches our borders, friendly or otherwise, is to be immediately apprehended or killed if the situation calls for it. we cannot take chances -- not when our survival may be on the line. i called you here because you are my council -- you are free to speak your thoughts, and you are free to leave. i will be traveling to donnelaith tomorrow morning to see the outcome of lasher's meeting with this pirate leader -- which means tomorrow night, we will know if our shore is in peril."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread