Ankyra Sound i thought i was smarter as i flew into the sun
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
keeping vague considering outcome of their raid, but set for the day after! Plz excuse the aggro-crag phas dialogue kek 

"phah," the slyph snorted, exhaling bloodied phlegm onto the dark sand. her wounds were not trivial; their nights' excursions had resulted in a stiff-bodied ache that persisted well into morning, and while the blood had long since crusted around her neck and tattered ear, it was evident the range of motion her neck afforded was gradually stiffening to a close.

they had lost one during the raid -- the hard-headed eurycrates that had forged his own bloody path into oblivion. mistakes were made, caiaphas thought with a grim wryness -- but his martyrdom had afforded them an inner glimpse of drageda's forces. so he had not died in vain -- or, maybe he had -- the sylph had seen enough of wars to know better than to grow sentimental.

it was a travesty in of itself that the entire of her fleet returned from their failed raiding party -- harmed, but alive -- this more than anything told her the nature of the wolves they were up against. glancing up at the stone-faced cliffs, caiaphas felt oddly reassured. even her stupid daughter had made it back, as unseasoned and unintelligent as she was. now that they knew what they were facing, the looming presence of war seemed less of a threat and more of a treat -- a small group of helter-skelter juveniles and piccaroons had marched into the hearth of a powerful army outnumbered and inexperienced -- and somehow, miraculously, had returned home. master warrior that caiaphas was, she hardly needed war-hounded experience to figure out that their enemies were simply average wolves, occupying an average escarpment above them -- and average wolves tended to be quite easy to kill.

the matter of rosalyn's whereabouts remained unknown -- caiaphas was disappointed in their failure, but not defeated. she would likely find erzulie later that day, and discuss with her their future schemes.

powerful warriors, my ass -- the sylph sneered (more of a grimace) as she roughly applied sodden seaweed to her neck, languishing under the arc of the grotto as if ankyra's resident gargoyle.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
i thought i was smarter as i flew into the sun - by Caiaphas - December 24, 2018, 04:53 PM