Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,265 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
100!

Kigipigak hears the hitch in her throat and pivots his ears to listen closely. He is appreciative of her well-wishing for the most part, though a stain of disinterest seeps in to him slowly, caring very little of what this strange woman might have to say to him.

He doesn't dislike her, she is kind enough; more so Kigipigak puts up with her company because he has been lonely for so long, and she is like a charity case for him to visit, making himself feel accomplished. Except he does not feel accomplished exactly—intolerant, lusting to fill the void that his dispersal has left inside of himself, and rapacious enough to settle for a few minutes of wither-woman attention.

If we meet again, he answers, smiling softly; his usually warm eyes dull like forgotten pennies. I would happily talk of my home. I do miss it. He wants to say more, but cannot, knowing he might say something he would regret and he is new to these lands, thus Kigipigak does not want to cause upset so readily.

He dips his head in a farewell nod and begins to saunter away from her. The further he goes the colder he feels, the more focused, and his mind drifts to thoughts of Unnuakvik.
Messages In This Thread
iii Means to an end. - by Kigipigak - November 08, 2020, 11:49 AM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Maegi - November 09, 2020, 07:47 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Kigipigak - November 09, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Maegi - November 12, 2020, 12:31 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Kigipigak - November 12, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Maegi - November 14, 2020, 09:18 AM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Kigipigak - November 14, 2020, 01:39 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Maegi - November 14, 2020, 03:23 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Kigipigak - November 14, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Maegi - November 15, 2020, 08:14 PM
RE: iii Means to an end. - by Kigipigak - November 15, 2020, 09:06 PM