Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,289 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
As a wolf of Unnuakvik he held no understanding of god or gods, so he did not praise them when the girl's interest became clearly linked to his offer, despite feeling a great sense of pride for how easily the offer came to him. Had he known of Tartok's full origins—of how the First Woman broke away from her sister's burdensome faith in the twin bears Sos and Atka, of how she sought to find creatures of great physical strength over spiritual fortitude—he might have known of the duality that his people ran from; he might have even praised the dualistic spirits. Kigipigak was as mortal as they come but he refused to be humbled by his limitations, often pushing against them, rising to the occasion as his mother taught him. It was a better lesson than any fanciful notion of spirituality. 

Kigipigak liked things he could sink his teeth in to. It was why he persisted in forming the Watch with his bond-brother, why he was drawn to Valmua, why he sought to continue her work and try to place her at the helm of their still-forming tribe; the temptations of the flesh would always win, for Kigipigak. He hoped that it was the same for the wolves of Stormhaven; that Stjornuati would find some woman to sink his teeth in to and not let go, so overwhelmed by the physicality of their connection that he would not see Valmua step above him.

With Eleuthera that might be possible. She became thoughtful; as observations became questions, Kigipigak did his best to answer them truthfully.

I am no leader, but... Those that are set to lead are Stjornuati and his brother Sol. They are both quiet, one more so than the other. So far I have gotten to know Stjor the most, and he is like a true brother to me, but all things were cyclical, and like the father he had once admired, Stjornuati would fall. We are people descended from great warriors, but I do not think that makes us brutal. I think that makes us strong, as we can defend our tribe and land very well.

A pause. Kigipigak does not think he can win her over with tales of great strength or wartime bravado, not that he has any he can share of his own—just the old tales of Siku the First which have passed down the generations. He does think about it, only adding: In the north it is common to take prosperous lands from smaller tribes. I have not seen the same attitude here in the south, and do not think Stjor holds it. Our home will be well cared for—so you would be safe among its reaches.
Messages In This Thread
x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 12, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 19, 2020, 09:39 AM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 20, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 21, 2020, 08:35 AM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 21, 2020, 01:38 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 21, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 22, 2020, 05:01 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 23, 2020, 10:57 AM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 23, 2020, 11:33 PM
RE: x ilukutak - by Eleuthera - November 24, 2020, 10:22 AM
RE: x ilukutak - by Kigipigak - November 24, 2020, 11:25 AM