Lake Rodney ii They watch their children.
Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,273 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He had not explained well, and she did not understand. That was his own fault; but then it wasn't usually a man's job to prepare skins and wrap the excess meat and bones. Kigipigak shrugged in response, focused on his work to the point of not being very attentive to the conversation. Enough time had lapsed for him to take a stronger interest in the skin and he ducked to the water's edge, gripping the skin with his teeth to pull it out on to the grass.

Once there he would make an effort to invert it so that the coarse exterior hairs were upon the grass, and the softer interior was raised up. Kigipigak did not know how to soften the hide to the perfect pliable state, that was something taught to women, but he was doing his best with what he knew. He paused there to think of the next step and noticed that the dark wolf was still with him.

Not every secret of my tribe was taught to me. I only know so much of the woman's arts. He explained, sounding a bit exasperated as he was growing frustrated with himself. Kigipigak wished he had known more; or at the very least he wished he had a woman here who was well versed in the tanning of hides to make his life easier. What did your tribe teach you? He asked of the woman. Maybe she came from a traditional tribe and coudl help him.
Messages In This Thread
ii They watch their children. - by Kigipigak - November 08, 2020, 12:16 AM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Norah - November 21, 2020, 03:45 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Kigipigak - November 22, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Norah - November 25, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Kigipigak - November 28, 2020, 04:27 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Norah - November 29, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Kigipigak - November 30, 2020, 04:46 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Norah - December 10, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Kigipigak - December 20, 2020, 02:48 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Norah - December 30, 2020, 06:02 PM
RE: ii They watch their children. - by Kigipigak - January 01, 2021, 02:29 PM