Lion Head Mesa barque
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses did not hear satsu declare more against him after that. her lovely face fell into its stoic planes of thinking. for a while, pharaoh had wondered at the father who had crafted her. but through these times in akashingo, he saw that she had only molded herself, a calf of gold whose only wish was to be seen as mere bronze.
"i am attempting to teach you," ramesses said with a quick, teasing lift of his eyebrow. "first you must be seen to the eye as a queen. mouseberry is the newest here. jawahir has not sent her to me, and she is unlike maggie."
pharaoh looked upon satsu now. "that is why i thought of her. think of her not as help, but as a companion."
the girl's status as attendant to the queen meant perhaps that she would be forbidden from ramesses. he did not care for this idea, but felt it might be a prudent sacrifice for the time being.
"and then choose whether you will be called queen, or daimyo." his eyes were half-lidded, watchful. "take sabah as your personal guard and travel with them both when you are out. to rule is to meet the appearance of royalty. you understand."
ramesses looked toward the red stone. "no matter what title you choose, it is important that we be seen as equal. the queen keeps her rooms and i keep my own. jawahir will continue to remain in charge of — such duties as you have not wished to handle yourself."
amusement played upon his mouth. "is this little act of deception so unappealing to you? there is nothing lost, much gained, and only a small change: that ramesses and satsu are bonded in marriage, and one that will remain pure and cool as alabaster."
Messages In This Thread
barque - by Ramesses - September 10, 2021, 11:36 AM
RE: barque - by Satsu (Ghost) - September 10, 2021, 02:36 PM
RE: barque - by Ramesses - September 10, 2021, 03:51 PM
RE: barque - by Satsu (Ghost) - September 11, 2021, 11:31 AM
RE: barque - by Ramesses - September 11, 2021, 12:37 PM
RE: barque - by Satsu (Ghost) - September 13, 2021, 08:06 PM
RE: barque - by Ramesses - September 14, 2021, 11:25 AM
RE: barque - by Satsu (Ghost) - September 19, 2021, 03:37 PM