Fairspell Meadow Just tryna find the right words to say
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away
All Welcome 

Requesting an audience with @Ramesses, as it is her intention to possibly join among his ranks 

There had been many days of travel. Some were laced with worry, as pungent scents followed every step. It was clear that pack territories had been marked nearby, but none had interceded — much to her luck.

By now, the lithe creature had fallen under much stress and fatigue. There was no longer a pep to her step.. only a heavy blink of the eyelids. 

Sleep longed to find her, but there was no settling place yet found. Thus, feet trudged onward.

In a quiet voice, Sokha hummed a soft tune in an attempt to keep her mind clear.

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me

Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me
Stars fading but I linger on, dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear
Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me...

The song held out for a while, bearing memories of past time. It even beckoned a small smile, one being so that had been known since childhood. Who wouldn't smile when hearing it? Maybe she hadn't the most angelic voice, despite what others told her, ... but the mesmerizing words of the tune made up for it.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
the one-time prince had not returned.
ramesses was more irritated than anything. not even a word of thanks for all that had been given him! akashingo had reared crowfeather back onto his paws and he had run away, no doubt in search of that accursed roman dog.
it did not matter. he would not allow it to matter. his plans for the creek must be delayed but not long.
there was a feminine voice singing here. he motioned to sayyadina to fall behind; the woman dipped her head and remained. ramesses drifted ahead, lapis eyes searching for the music's source, and when he found her, the man smiled openly, all of him visible against the shadows.
"do you seek to entertain yourself, or to entrance a listener?" he asked, moving forward. she was beautifully built and willowy, with lovely eyes and a soft mien. and as with all loveliness, ramesses wished to possess it for himself.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Stars fading but I linger on, dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear
Just saying this
Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dre-...

A voice interrupted. 

Deep-set, heavy, masculine.

Sokha's heart jumped an extra beat in that moment, fur rising in alarm. She'd been so distracted by her own self that she hadn't been wary of her surroundings.

Slowly, the lithe woman turned to face the pale man.

It took a short time to process his words, eyes blinking astoundingly as the stranger stared upon her.

N-neither, really... Stuttered words to start, body just beginning to calm from the fright he had caused.

A ditty fancied by mother. She sung each night. It is close a memory. I sing when alone. Words of heart and emotion. Perhaps a bit much to share to a complete stranger, but she was only giving a truthful answer. Why need she lie?
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
the stranger spoke with passion and openness. it endeared her to ramesses; she was given a sense of innocence in that moment. and that made her tempting.
corruptible.
pharaoh wended his way forward, seeking her eyes with his own. a desirous smile touched his mouth.
"it seems to me that such a song should often be sung. i will listen, if you welcome an audience."
he sat himself down some feet from her, lazuli eyes tracing her frame.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Sokha's cheeks began to burn upon the invitation of an audience.

Never before had she been approached by a stranger in such a manner. It all seemed rather odd, and she wasn't too sure what to think of it.

That was end... don't know many more. A white lie. This wasn't the only ditty her mother to sang to her, but it was the one she knew best; by heart. 

However, this man seemed persistent and she didn't really want to be present for a blunt reaction following her refusal to entertain him.

Are you from here.. or traveler? Perhaps a change of subject would clear the air. How could he ignore such a simple question?
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
she was nervous as a hind before the teeth of a sandstorm. ramesses did not approach. such fearfulness was becoming only for a moment; he did not wish to influence her to stay in such a state. yet in his imperious demanding, he remained fixed upon her, intrigued by the very sound of her voice.
it had long been a while since he had a dancer or singer within his halls. not since the wedding, ramesses supposed, where satsu had moved with the grace of a slim reed.
"i am pharaoh of akashingo. do you see the mesa there?" he turned and motioned to the great tower of redrock which dominated the flatlands. "that is my palace."
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

The girl found relief in the man's hesitance to approach. He knew that nerves had been strung and did not wish to press further.

Pharaoh.

Mesa.

Palace.

All were unknown words, drawing awe and intrigue. 

Ph- phar- ..oh? It took a moment to sound out the strange word, a small gaze seeking out the pale man for approval. What does word mean? Sokha was keen to voice the curiosity, leaning a bit closer.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"it means that i am a god," ramesses purred simply. "and i am a god who appreciates the beautiful things in this world." 
she had leant forward. he could see now the shine of her gaze and how it complimented the rest of her details. call him weak, lustful, exorbitant, easily swayed;
ramesses did not care.
"akashingo is where i rule. it is where i worship and am worshipped." he studied her, waiting for either a recognizable reaction or a different one.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

"It means that I am a god."

"Akashingo is where I rule. It is where I worship and am worshipped."

So many words from such an intriguing man. 

There was something in this all that drew Sokha in — a burning desire of want for more knowledge.

Akashingo. Or those of it. They worship you. Piece by piece, the petite little sapling was putting it all together like a puzzle.

In the place from where I come, you are Maharaja — King, of our tongue. So it wasn't so different after all. This man was indeed similar to her own people, but with altered terms to define them.

Well, Maharaja.. my name Sokha. It was then she realized she'd yet to offer her name. Even if late, it was better than never.

May I see more Akashingo? With the way he spoke of it, it seemed too good to be true. Sokha had been far from home for a great deal of time. Oh, what she would give to see a home similar to her own.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
maharaja.
ramesses thought of aditya, of the words and god-names that the old prophet had taught to him. he wondered for a brief and rueful moment where the man had gone. and in the next he decided it did not manner. 
her accent was sweet. ramesses smiled at the woman called sokha. 
"you may."
aware of her flightiness, the pharaoh was careful in his next movements: nearing her without touch. 
"have you served a king before, sweet one?" his lips formed a dazzling smile.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Suggestions

The sapling watched the man draw nearer. She would not back away, nor stiffen. He seemed respectful enough not to strip away any amount of privacy she had without first giving consent.

Though young and innocent in respective ways, Sokha was not naive nor ignorant. She knew of the ways in which a Maharaja.. or, in his term: Pharaoh, would bed with a woman of their choice, expecting heirs as the outcome. This is what she assumed by the man's question of "serving"; however, perhaps by he meant by other means.

Serve? How? A query to clarify. Sokha did not wish to make assumptions aloud, regardless of whether they flowed through her mind.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses' eyes suddenly glowed with a lascivious light. "in the best ways possible." he was vague, not again moving. theirs was a delicate dance; she had called him king but he could not yet call her lover. the courtship, the steps, the dance; all a means to pharaoh's favorite pastime.
treva had demanded his worship.
sokha asked his education.
"in akashingo you would have your choice of rooms and duties, along with servants to attend you. this in return for your company at my side when i wish it."
his lips glinted with a half-hidden smile. few resisted wealth.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

She had been half correct, it seemed.

Now he was intrigued by her, as his implications made it to be. Rather than visit, the Pharaoh was hinting at her permanent residence. 

Akashingo seems good place to make home. Sokha truly was considering the thought, finding no reason to decline.

Never served.. but willing if asked, yes. A vague response of her own, a playful mock of the way he spoke. This was her form of acceptance, should this be a legitimate invitation. 
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
he smiled. "good. i will take you there now if you desire it, sokha."
ramesses straightened. sayyadina hovered, her eyes upon him. the coyote would follow behind the wolves as they walked. "your name is like that of Sokar, a god worshipped by me and my people. He takes the form of a hawk which journeys through the underworld, and wears claws of silver."
pharaoh made to walk alongside her. "if you mean to stay, tell me your interests. i must know where best to place you."
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Knowing enough of the mannerism of a King, Sokha would not draw too close as they moved, allowing the man a respectful distance. Though, she did not stray too far, ensuring that her scent would linger upon his nose as the breeze sent it his way. 

Any King desired worship, respect, and obedience from their subjects, while also craving the attention that came with it.

Sokar. How similar indeed. Hawk, with talons of silver. Even more interesting. She would inquire more upon this topic at a later time.

"Tell me your interests." The Pharaoh requested subtly. Sokha appreciated his forwardness and gentleness all in one. He was a man she could learn to worship quickly, if she didn't already.

Pleasant scents. They calm and soothe. Flowers. Earthly riches. Nature had always been a fond element to her. It seemed to be the first and only to come to mind. It took a few moments of silence before more ideas would come. Pelt collections. To wear.. to sleep.. to decorate. Not something he would need to provide out of his way, as Sokha was more than capable. But a King liked to spoil his treasures. Perhaps soon, she would become one.  .. and berries! A hasty, exuberant addition, truly showing off the enjoyment held in the substance. How could she have nearly forgotten!
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
eergh, sorry for the wait on this! im cool to fade if you are!

"these things are plenty in akashingo," pharaoh told sohka with a grin. "my servants gather berries all through the warm months to ferment in a store room."
he moved ahead decisively. "come. i will bring you to dine with me on these berries and fine meats."
and then perhaps he might possess her — gentle her with the twilight of his eyes.
the royal man was proud enough to invite the woman to his side.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

No need to fret! Life keeps us all busy. 

This does indeed seem a good place to fade, yes! Also, if you'd like, I would love to have another thread with the two soon. I am very eager to see how the pair blossom moving forward. ^-^

The mention of the berries in of itself stole her attention away entirely. Merely envisioning holding one of the saccharine drupes upon the tongue was enough to invite a watery sensation within. An invitation made it all the more better, knowing now that there would be anticipation.

Moving with delicate excitement, Sokha drew nearer to the Pharaoh, walking close in step with just enough to distance to allow her pelt to brush against his own. 

Not a single ounce of this had been planned, which made her thoughts whirl. Something about this man; this place. It beckoned her forth, drawing her in like an invisible magnet. Nothing could advert her eyes. One could call it a sense of purpose... perhaps a sense of belonging. Though, the next few days would be to finalize the answer the most important question of all: Would it all be worth it?