Lion Head Mesa scarlet
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Crowfeather listened to Ramesses speak and he found himself growing thick with disgust and fear. The man spoke of someone who had come to them in search of the shadow. He described the face of a fox. The dark yearling could think of a few who might match the description, though his hurried heart and fearful mind would not allow him to dwell on it for long.

For, Ramesses said two things that found a way to prick at Crowfeather.

First, the Pharaoh wished for the yearling to make it clear that it was shown how well he was tended to while in the territory. At this, the boy squinted sharply. He did not say anything. If that was what the man wished, then he would be sure to bring it up. Days left by myself with only the titterings of a fearful nursemaid every so often. What a leisure, he thought and frowned.

Then, Ramesses stated that if he were to visit Crowfeather’s home, he would be entitled to the same respect he received in Akashingo.

If you were to suddenly appear in the Starsea, you would be met with the fangs of many warriors. You would not leave. And if you did, it would not be with all of your limbs, I could promise you that. Your ways are not shared everywhere, Pharaoh. What a head, this ruler had! He could not possibly believe that what he had said could be true. It did not matter who he was or where he had selected to rule. In the Starsea, he would be nothing more than a stray and a threat.

The Pharaoh told him to get up.

Crowfeather felt his heart lurch, he tried to look to the ruler’s face without fear slicing through him. He could not. Still, he did not rise.

I cannot on my own. Not yet.

Then, I would like to speak to the fox-faced man.
Messages In This Thread
scarlet - by Ramesses - January 02, 2022, 02:33 PM
RE: scarlet - by Crowfeather - January 03, 2022, 01:48 AM
RE: scarlet - by Ramesses - January 03, 2022, 03:22 AM
RE: scarlet - by Crowfeather - January 05, 2022, 09:20 PM
RE: scarlet - by Ramesses - January 06, 2022, 04:07 PM
RE: scarlet - by Crowfeather - January 06, 2022, 05:20 PM
RE: scarlet - by Ramesses - January 09, 2022, 01:44 PM
RE: scarlet - by Crowfeather - January 11, 2022, 04:20 PM
RE: scarlet - by Ramesses - January 11, 2022, 04:55 PM
RE: scarlet - by Crowfeather - January 11, 2022, 08:52 PM