Silver Moraine Aiokatti

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,299 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
They had both been through much, judging by their looks. Njord sported a few changes — or Kigipigak had not seen in him so long, they looked new! Either way, it was clear that life had not been kind to either of them. He failed to notice how his question registered upon Njord until a returned flurry of banter hit his own ears, and he thought of his wife, his children, his home that once was.

Natigvik is no more, he had to admit this to himself, he had to accept it. Admitting it aloud was one way. Sakhmet and my son Kivaluk are in Moonglow now, but — he did not want to show weakness before this man, yet, he could not help the truth from spilling forth. A heavy sigh wracked his body. He looked crestfallen, heartbroken. Weighted. She took Akkuma to ease his spirit, and he did not return with her. He is safe and happy on his own now, from what I understand, but he had not spoken to Sakhmet; what he’d learned he’d done through his own silence and observation, with little details gleaned from Kivaluk or others in passing, never in a direct way.

It became too hard for me to be there. I took a trader’s name — Kilgitsuk — and have… Found another path. He did not know how long he would travel this path, or where it might lead. It felt like his world had ended somehow.

My friend, surely you have fared better than I! He laughed in a disparaging way.
Messages In This Thread
Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 06:44 AM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 19, 2023, 12:59 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 01:41 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 25, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 06:40 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 30, 2023, 10:17 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 10:35 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - February 11, 2023, 02:16 PM