Silver Moraine Aiokatti

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,299 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kilgitsuk listened to the story of the man's life, and found kinship where they shared turmoil. He felt a great pride in knowing Njord as he spoke of his children and his wife, and a spike of jealousy that was quickly cut down and swallowed deep; his tale had similarities to Kigipigak's own, as they were both pulled away at the worst of times and returned to face the full breadth of that decision. The fallout was bad for them both - with Njord losing Sapphique's trust, and in effect his village, of which Kigipigak could relate.

The talk of bear made Kilgitsuk focus. His nostrils flared, his face contorted with something akin to indignation, and he squared up besides Njord as if the bear was there with them in that instant, ready to fight it. A bear is no laughing matter, he remarked, although it likely went without saying. And to think someone had survived it! That was commendable. Kigipigak had no opinion over what the village should have done about the survivor. It sounded as though Njord had one thought and Sapphique another; but he would not ask for specifics.

Well I wish you good luck in your travel. He meant that sincerely. There is not much out this way. To the north is only my failings, and to the south -- that is where I am living for now, at the creek. It is home to some men and... I admit, not a place suitable for children. In his estimation, so far as that counted.

Perhaps I will go with you! He jested, at least in part. I have nothing real to tie me down here. You are my brother! My people -- in Tartok, there is a bond like brotherhood, bound by blood, called aiokatti; we have not always seen eye-to-eye on things but... I do think of you this way. It was a little forthright, and a little too emotional for Kigipigak, so the man roughly shoved his friend shoulder-to-shoulder.

What say you? Our hardships are so similar. We have hunted together, and I believe we could fight together; let us hunt your bear! He laughed at this, but he knew he could not go without a word to Akavir first, out of respect. If he went at all!
Messages In This Thread
Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 06:44 AM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 19, 2023, 12:59 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 01:41 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 25, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 06:40 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 30, 2023, 10:17 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 10:35 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - February 11, 2023, 02:16 PM