Blacktail Deer Plateau they might promise you that the river ain't too deep
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas recalled their past interaction and how terse it had seemed -- and was now bemused by the contrary shift in tide. While her expression did not suggest this amusement, she observed the shadowed youth quietly, her lip drawn in a similar thoughtful manner as the female posed two questions it seemed Caiaphas was not readily able to answer.

"I don't know. It is better almost to always be on your feet -- you never know what is going to run you down." The enemy we are running from is almost never the one that hits us she rejoined silently in her head. Her gaze swept past Junior's own without derision. "I don't know if they are angry. Probably not. Less mouths to feed. Where did you decide to settle?" Caiaphas didn't need to tell Junior the pickings were slim within Ankyra -- it was likely she already knew.

Belatedly it occurred to Caiaphas it was a (delightfully) cruel game to lie to Junior. But the pale female had her reasons for with-holding the truth -- and judiciously she awaited Junior's response with her tongue held sharp between her wicked teeth.
Messages In This Thread
RE: they might promise you that the river ain't too deep - by Caiaphas - October 14, 2014, 04:09 PM