Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,260 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The stranger was accepting of his presence, although seemed more at-ease when he stopped walking. Her greeting was met with a nod by Kilgitsuk and a follow up of, I greet you, which was a custom he'd picked up from Kukutux many days ago.

I am Kilgitsuk, a trader. I am known to Moonspear — or, to Sialuk, by the name Kigipigak. He did not like having to explain this and did so quickly. It felt as though his tongue grew heavy.

I come to ask for permission to hunt upon your land. I seek deer meat. He would not go in to detail about this quest of his, but he would follow up with another offer: I do this out of respect for your people, and I am willing to trade for permission. I am a well-known hunter to Sialuk and I am a warrior, so if there is something I could do to pay your people back, I am willing.

It was a lot to say! But he would let the words sit in the air so the stranger could ruminate over them. Perhaps they could not make such a decision, but he wanted the knowledge to be laid bare.
Messages In This Thread
uvaagniq - by Kigipigak - October 05, 2023, 10:17 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Simbelmyne - October 06, 2023, 03:26 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Kigipigak - October 09, 2023, 04:04 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Simbelmyne - October 09, 2023, 10:34 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Kigipigak - November 08, 2023, 12:26 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Simbelmyne - November 14, 2023, 01:58 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Kigipigak - November 14, 2023, 06:41 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Simbelmyne - November 22, 2023, 02:37 PM
RE: uvaagniq - by Kigipigak - December 21, 2023, 09:23 PM