Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,260 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The boy reared like a blazing fire being fed a fresh log, and for a moment Kilgitsuk saw him through the veneer of maturation, and felt a sting from the tone of Kivaluk's voice. He knew he deserved some of that. He knew it was inevitable that a boy should grow distant of his father, perhaps even to loathing of him; he had with his own father. I killed my own father, he reminded himself; and so he was not surprised by the reception, only a touch wounded by the attitude.

He took a slow, measured breath.

I go where I please, he explained after gaining a moment of peace.

The loss of our village weighed on me. The loss of your mother and brother too. I needed space, so I took a trader's name and lived that life. I come back now for more trades. It was easy enough to say it aloud, but that didn't explain anything really. It certainly did not answer Kivaluk's question — why now?

He felt he did not owe his son that answer, if he held one at all.

It is good to see you thriving, Kivaluk. The man's voice was controlled, not betraying any of his thoughts or emotions.
Messages In This Thread
you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - October 08, 2023, 05:33 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - October 11, 2023, 06:57 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 08, 2023, 12:30 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 11, 2023, 04:38 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 14, 2023, 06:45 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 17, 2023, 03:49 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 17, 2023, 05:01 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 22, 2023, 06:09 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 22, 2023, 10:50 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 23, 2023, 06:25 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 23, 2023, 12:57 PM