Ouroboros Spine Who are you when you stand alone?
Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,273 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Her tone became accusatory.

She left first. Kilgitsuk knew in the culture of the moon people it did not matter. That somehow the woman was above all, that somehow the faults that broke their family lay with him, in their eyes. No use explaining; he could see the cold of Kukutux hard jade gaze that she did not care for answers.

I am glad he has done well here. I told him as much when we spoke last. Here he became a man of ice, entire. He could meet her frigidity with his own. But whether you and your people see it my way or not, I care little. He is my blood. He is my son. I thank you for your care of him - truly, my trust was well placed, an edge to those words now, brittle shards of winter; —but I am back now. For him. For myself.

This was meant only to be a greeting! A moment to complete a mission for Ariadne. How quickly things get sidetracked.
Messages In This Thread
Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kigipigak - November 20, 2023, 12:12 AM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kukutux - November 20, 2023, 07:47 AM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kigipigak - November 20, 2023, 04:30 PM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kukutux - November 21, 2023, 02:55 PM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kigipigak - November 21, 2023, 07:56 PM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kukutux - November 21, 2023, 08:02 PM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kigipigak - November 21, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kukutux - November 21, 2023, 10:41 PM
RE: Who are you when you stand alone? - by Kigipigak - November 21, 2023, 11:21 PM