Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,273 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Trying to explain himself netted him no favor. It appeared as though the words from Kilgitsuk would not remedy the situation but only cause more suffering; he saw this in the hard set of his sons eyes, in the dismissive and cruel way he reacted to those words. Disquiet at first, then words flowed with a chilled finality that he could only listen to.

But he was no pushover. Kilgitsuk had always held such fire for life in his heart, and when he had taken a wife he had burned for her alone, until his sons. He would not take the disrespect of Kivaluk well. To have him here, listening but not listening, refusing to even try, was what truly pained Kilgitsuk and forced his hand.

Kivaluk, I am trying to apologize for my wrongs. Clearly leaving was not the right choice - but that is what happened. What would you have me do different? I cannot reach back in time and alter events! His voice raised, booming but not with anger, only loud because that is how Kilgitsuk has always been. I am here, now.

A pause. One of moonwoman's daughters is building a village, to be called Moonsong, at the glacier. I am there, working with her. I will be close if - if you wish to talk, to work this out. He did not expect much from this admission; maybe Kivaluk would turn away forever, or maybe he would show up at the glacier to seek a pound of flesh in the old way, the Tartok way. Kilgitsuk would take what he could get.

My travels are done. I am here, I am trying.
Messages In This Thread
you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - October 08, 2023, 05:33 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - October 11, 2023, 06:57 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 08, 2023, 12:30 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 11, 2023, 04:38 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 14, 2023, 06:45 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 17, 2023, 03:49 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 17, 2023, 05:01 PM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 22, 2023, 06:09 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 22, 2023, 10:50 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kivaluk - November 23, 2023, 06:25 AM
RE: you don't wanna be seen rollin' in my bar - by Kigipigak - November 23, 2023, 12:57 PM